Prof Peter Hotez MD PhD Profile picture
Jan 23, 2022 7 tweets 2 min read Read on X
At a minimum this Wash DC rally makes clear the real nature of the antivaccine movement and their white nationalist and nazi leanings. If you have any doubts, here are some examples from 2021 (TRIGGER WARNING: Offensive beyond belief):
I have many of these, the new reality of being a vaccine scientist, especially a Jewish vaccine scientist who develops coronavirus vaccines...double indemnity, triple indemnity

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Prof Peter Hotez MD PhD

Prof Peter Hotez MD PhD Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @PeterHotez

Jun 8
I see Gov Cuomo getting beat up for his Covid response, I don’t have the inside baseball but watching this in 2020 I felt the big failing: CDC/Trump WH so fixated on travel restrictions from China they missed entry of SARS-2 from S Europe into NY going undetected for 4-6 wks
Pandemics by design make elected officials look bad. I’m sure Gov Cuomo made mistakes as did every Gov in America. But for me, the head scratcher: how our public health infrastructure allowed COVID to come into America from Italy/Spain from genomic sequencing and go unannounced
The heroes in this story from my perspective: the ER, ICU attendings, fellows, residents, nurses, respiratory therapists in NY Hospitals who figured out pretty fast use of steroids/anticoagulants. And the NY Hospital Administrators and Boards who said spare no expense: save lives
Read 5 tweets
Jun 3
At some point mainstream media must accept we have a half-dozen articles in the world’s best scientific journals on the natural origins/zoonotic spillover of SARS-2 that emerged just like SARS, whereas 0 papers on GoF/lab leak bc it never happened:

21st Century Piltdown Man Image
During the day today I will attach some of the major papers on natural origins/zoonotic spillover of COVID19, whereas I will not attach any on GoF/lab leak - for the simple reason that none exist (and most probably never will)
Read 11 tweets
May 25
1/n No, but it is anti-science to run a committee comprised of House members who led a health disinformation campaign against mRNA vaccines in 2021-22, which led to the unnecessary deaths of 200,000 Americans
2/n and it is anti-science for a committee charged to investigate Covid yet failed to investigate the role of 2 U.S. Senators and several House Freedom Caucus members, together with Fox News and several podcasters that created a predatory campaign that led to needless deaths
3/n and it is anti-science for a committee that failed to investigate the true origins of Covid through zoonotic spillover and instead spent millions of taxpayer dollars doing all it could to support Qanon conspiracies
Read 8 tweets
May 18
1/n You are correct @Maroxad this is one of the tactics the anti-science extremists use to relabel science as “Communism” or dehumanize American scientists as “Communists”. It’s a bit of a throwback to the McCarthy era in the hope that it worked back then, maybe now. The irony…
2/n The irony (and as I highlighted in my @PLOSBiology article) the approach the anti-science ringleaders, including 2 U.S. Senators and several House members from the freedom caucus, employ is right out of the Stalinist playbook. journals.plos.org/plosbiology/ar…
@PLOSBiology 3/n exemplified by those awful House Covid Subcommittee hearings, parading prominent U.S. scientists in front of CSPN cameras on trumped up allegations to humiliate them. They are little more than Stalin show trials. Their X postings read like they were posted by Lavrentiy Beria
Read 5 tweets
May 14
1/n Cy-Fair ISD board votes to remove chapters teaching vaccines from textbooks.

My view: the reason we need to care about this is because antivaccine activism has become a deadly force here in Texas. My estimate: 40,000 needless deaths in 2021-22.

houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-t…
2/n here’s my paper in @PLOS @PLOSGPH detailing the 40,000 excess deaths in Texas from antivaccine anti-science activism journals.plos.org/globalpubliche…
@PLOS @PLOSGPH 3/n Author and reporter Chris Tomlinson @cltomlinson from @HoustonChron @ExpressNews has an opinion out today on the removal of vaccines from school textbooks
Read 4 tweets
May 10
1/n In my public remarks, writings, and meetings with leaders in global public health my message is the same: a politically motivated/predatory antivaccine movement that first accelerated during Covid in the U.S. has globalized and will spill over to all childhood immunizations
2/n I sounded this alarm in 2022 in @nature @NatRevImmunol @NaturePortfolio nature.com/articles/s4157…
@Nature @NatRevImmunol @NaturePortfolio 3/n expanded on it in my 2023 book amazon.com/Deadly-Rise-An…
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(