November Profile picture
Feb 2, 2022 7 tweets 4 min read Read on X
last good looking British police car. sorry. it was all downhill from here
first they realised no one buys secondhand white cars and changed to silver, and that was okay I guess. even some of the early BMWs looked cool
battenberg and its consequences. sure it might have ‘saved lives’ by ‘preventing traffic accidents’ but look how shit it looks
side note that for a long time the Met’s Diplomatic Protection Group have used red cars, basically because they can. this looked weird but okay previously
BATTENBERG MARKINGS 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
there’s also a general point about how over the years police, particularly traffic police, have been loaded up with more and more and more shit, so now all the stuff they’re supposed to carry around doesn’t fit in a saloon any more, thus the wave of estates and 4x4s
anyway my Uber is here

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with November

November Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @postoctobrist

Jun 12
It’s an interesting, well-constructed review that I’m not entirely convinced by. I don’t think the banality of the film’s Höß is exclusive of ideological rabidity in the way Arendt’s idea of Eichmann is
I don’t think his career anxieties or his domestic drama *inherently* displace his Nazism, especially in a film this given to the implicit. He does after all spend most of the film in SS uniform with a terrible Nazi haircut etc
I think the sole moment of emotional reflection (that prompts the flash-forward) is his realisation that his job of mass murder has broken containment and now he doesn’t care about Aryan life any more (and therefore imagining gassing everyone at the party)
Read 16 tweets
Jun 11
Jesus fucking Christ, what is wrong with these people patreon.com/posts/change-1…
This is a vile fucking lie. I have screenshots of her ineptly trying to findom me, me laughing along with it in a way that is clearly uncomfortable, and sending her money for takeout and shitty Adidas dresses in a way that was never connected with or discussed in relation to sex Image
I didn’t *withdraw* my consent, she never asked my consent and kept burning me with the fucking things while I couldn’t even speak. She didn’t check in on me once, during or after Image
Read 12 tweets
Jan 7
finally starting to unfollow people for doing the covid doom spiral thing. shit’s already bad enough for real without getting retweets from whatever Malaysian news site has convinced you everyone’s heart is going to explode today
it’s just antivax stuff from the other side. everyone is going to die because of their stupid decisions except me and my friends who were smart enough to not get the 5G injected/never leave the house again without wearing a PAPR suit
I keep thinking about this and trying to articulate it but like: when the pandemic hit I had this optimistic idea that it would change the way we thought about illness and disability for the better and instead we just took all the existing ways and did them more hysterically
Read 10 tweets
Jun 20, 2023
the killing and the maiming at the other end of being a billionaire dwarf even the most determined serial killers
misunderstands the theory anyway. it’s not meant to be punishment for a crime, it’s meant to a war between classes
Read 4 tweets
Jun 20, 2023
funny thing happening where I pay my taxes on time and then for the next six months HMRC send me a bunch of WHY HAVEN’T YOU PAID YOUR TAXES YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE letters. this is very good for me, a person who is anxious about being in trouble with the authorities
I employ an accountant less to save me money and more so I have someone I can email saying ‘it happened again,’ they go ‘fuck’s sake’ and yell at the government on my behalf
As the podcasts become more successful I spend more of my time emailing people about my problems, who then go ‘fuck’s sake’ and fix them for me, and I think this is basically how the government should work
Read 4 tweets
Jun 20, 2023
I will now make a thread where I collate the funniest information other people have found about the dead billionaires submarine
these men paid $250,000 each to die in a length of pipe
Read 19 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(