Ahmet Faruk Profile picture
Feb 3, 2022 17 tweets 7 min read Read on X
Helmets of the cities, different types of domes and roofs from Muslim architecture
Dome of the rock, lt was built in 7th century by Umayyads, the dome was rebuilt in 11th century after an earthquake - Al-Quds / Palestine
Rawda, or the green dome. Tomb of prophet Muhammad (pbuh) his companions and Aisha (ra). The last version was built and painted in early 19th century by Ottomans during the reign of Sultan Mahmut II
Umayyad Mosque of Damascus. It was built in early 8th century by Ummayyad caliph Waleed I
Qairouan mosque or mosque of Uqba bin Nafe', established by Uqba ibn Nafi in 7th century

Apparently I misspelled the name in the original post 😅
Roof of Cordoba grand Mosque's dome, lt was built my Ummayyads of Andalusia in late 8th century. Later converted to cathedral. It might look humble from outside, but from inside the dome is stunning
al-Sultan al-Muayyad mosque, another gem from Mamluk architecture in Cairo, from 15th century
And yes it is available on my Etsy and Shopier 🙂

etsy.com/listing/115839…
I love Mughal domes. The Badshahi Mosque was constructed by the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb in 17th century - Lahor
Another wonder from Architect Sinan, 16th century Selimiye mosque in Edirne the second capital of Ottomans
One of my favorites, Shah mosque of Esfahan from 17th century. It was established by Safavid Shah Abbas I
18th century wonder from Lima Kaum - Indonesia. South East Asian architecture is a new discovery for me and it never seazes to amaze me!
Lovely modern design. Al-Nilein (Two Niles) Mosque from Sudan. 1970s.
Ubudiah Mosque, early 20th century beauty from Malaysia
خوذات المدن ، أنواع مختلفة من القباب والأسطح من العمارة الإسلامية
correction: Aisha (Ra) was buried in al-Baqi cemetery

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Ahmet Faruk

Ahmet Faruk Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @afaruk_yilmaz

Dec 23, 2022
Elixir of life: fountains from our heritage
Fountain/Sebil of Qayt Bay - 1482 - Palestine
Fountain of Sultan Ahmed III - 1728 - Türkiye
Read 11 tweets
Apr 8, 2022
Mosques of Europe Image
Gazi Hüsrev Bey mosque from Sarajevo. This gem by Mimar Sinan was built in 16th century. ImageImage
İsa Bey mosque in Skopje/Üsküp was built in 15th century. Image
Read 10 tweets
Feb 6, 2022
Ornaments of the cities, extended as promised. Image
Let's start with a sad story,

Al-Hadbaa (the hunchback - kambur minare) minaret of al-Nuri Mosque from Mosul. This leaning minaret was the symbol of Mosul. It was built in 12th century and destroyed in 2017 during the war between ISIS and coalition forces... ImageImageImage
Harar is the administrative center of Harar region in west Ethiopia. With it's district culture and history this Muslim majority region deserves more attention from us ImageImageImage
Read 14 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(