The Devil's Stock Broker Profile picture
Feb 9, 2022 β€’ 26 tweets β€’ 10 min read β€’ Read on X
Been a while since I did a DD thread. Let's talk about $AMC this time.

My thesis: Moon Soon. 🦍🀝πŸ’ͺπŸš€πŸŒ•

This is a long one. Fuckle the Buck up.
So the biggest observation I've made in my Short Exempt Squeeze Signal Theory, to date, has been that massive incoming short exempts (SEs) while the price is rising out of market maker's (MMs) control.
For those in need of a refresher, Short Exempts (SEs) are shorts which are exempt from REGSHO's Uptick Rule while a stock is on the REGSHO Short Sale Restriction (SSR) list.

SEs are also exempt from the locate rule.

SEs are ONLY allowed during "Bona-fide Market Making Activity"
In practice, SEs are a utility for MMs to control the price by taking shorts without locating a borrowed share, which they have T+6 days to return before they Fail-to-Deliver (FTD).

If they successfully cause the price to tank during this time, they can easily cover the FTDs...
But if the price does NOT drop, and in fact, goes up during this activity, MMs are forced to cover those shares (not always legitimately) by borrowing or buying stock from the market and delivering the shares to be prevented from being restricted from market-making on that stock.
Refresher over....

What I've observed in my theory is that a massive SE increase versus daily short volume (SV). This is called the Short-Exempt Ratio (SER)) is heavily correlated to a spike in FTDs and a subsequent price move, sometimes resulting in a squeeze.

SER = (SE / SV)
Let's take note from May-June on AMC leading up to the big squeeze. Courtesy of the #HellsTradingFloor ScourgeBot which highlights huge correlations in price moves (via the 5-day Moving Average (MA5)).

Huge Anomalies are highlighted in increasingly darker shades of red
Although it looks like a bloody mess, that table/chart describes a HUGE correlation between anomalies in Short Exempts and the massive moves in $AMC that occurred in Late May / Early June 2021.

What we've been missing was CHART EVIDENCE to prove/identify it for a trading signal!
Well guess what apes and apettes? We have one.

Note this chart during $AMC's squeeze and the early warning signals with the OBV breaking down then rebounding in < 2 trading weeks.

Also note the OBV skyrocketed a full week before AMC went from $3 to $20. 😈
Let's try again... $AMC's second squeeze cycle... Funny, that OBV pattern looks awfully familiar.
And what about now? $AMC
Well, we haven't squeezed yet... but we see a pretty familiar pattern here, don't we? 😜

The key here is identifying the falling wedge within the bull channel and seeing that we're about to have a breakout that could lead to a major run.
You also might be asking yourself "What's with those little horizontal bars below the price chart?" I've been saving the best part for last.

Those are timeline bars.

I've been tracking $AMC's squeeze timelines, and I noticed a pattern between them all.
Each timeline (Yellow bar) starts at the most recent peak of $AMC's price and goes all the way to the next peak.

So 1 yellow bar is the actual peak-to-peak

If we multiply the first yellow bar by 2 and add 1 week, we end up with EXACTLY timeline 2
What I'm drawing from this speculation is that there are algorithms which are working on $AMC to drive its price down, but it leaves behind footprints in the sand that we can uncover in the form of OBV and by comparing the timelines, showing a clear, repeating pattern.
Some concerns that I need to address on $AMC via the data so kindly provided by #HellsTradingFloor's friends at @ORTEX:

The FTDs have all completely disappeared which have been a major indicator of loss of control, but it was also a tool used against us...
Ergo I have some mixed feelings about the disappearance of the FTDs, and I don't think it's a coincidence that their disappearance coincide with the implementation of DTCC-2021-005 and NSCC-2021-002...two regulations retail heavily demanded but did not, in fact, solve the problem
Next. More than 69M shares have slammed the lending volume records, shattering all previous highs.

That's the little orange bar you see on the far right.

It isn't clear if this means shorts are ready to unleash hell or accumulating shares to short at the top of the squeeze
There are still more than 20M shares available to borrow/short according to the Utilization on @ORTEX which I find highly reliable. Utilization is only 82%, but at 20% SI and 109M shares sold short, that's still a massive share count to cover. That's not including naked shorts!
Our Bot has been analyzing the options as well though, and $AMC is showing some serious gamma potential with ~5% of the float open on the call chain above $30 between now and Mar 25.

That's a huge amount of calls to hedge, with the potential to drive more than 25M buying volume.
Let's not forget the roughly 150K puts that are currently ITM with more than 50% of those between $17-25 strike, just 20% rise in price away.

A sudden spike in short exempts today is a telling sign that something may be brewing in $AMC, but #HellsTradingFloor is ready for it.
This is all I have for you guys for tonight. It's going to be a busy week in the markets. If you want to keep an eye on this information, my Tinfoil Timeline as I'm a calling it can be viewed on TradingView at any time:

tradingview.com/chart/lNcC4yWb/
To stay up to date, or to get exposure to some of these tools, DD, TA charting software, analytics, and education we offer at #HellsTradingFloor, consider joining us at discord.gg/hellstradingfl…
As always, none of this is financial advice & neither myself nor the staff at HTF are financial advisors; however, we are here to help educate and share as much knowledge as we can offer.

Remember, patience is πŸ”‘
May the odds be ever in your favor.
See you on the trading floor.
P.S. The OBV Crossover we're watching is 5.0 - 5.15Bn shares On Balance. Anything above this is considered extremely bullish, and we'll be targeting Deep OTM calls for 30-45 days til expiration based on that signal.

It's not a secret. Apes and demons are in this together.
P.P.S... Let's drag some Hedge Funds kicking and screaming all the way to hell.

β€’ β€’ β€’

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
γ€€

Keep Current with The Devil's Stock Broker

The Devil's Stock Broker Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @TRUExDEMON

Mar 3, 2023
$BBBY might actually be a very real, very powerful squeeze opportunity of a combined gamma and short squeeze. This thread will unpack the opportunity and analyze the charts, ortex data, and options interest in Bed Bath and Beyond.

This is an opportunity, despite the bankruptcy
As always, none of this is financial advice. There is absolutely no way of knowing, predicting, or accurately forecasting market volatility with any degree of certainty.

Please make sure to perform your own research to understand the risks, and exercise proper risk management.
If you want the video version of this, here is the DD I put out recently that discusses this opportunity; however, it does not include the Ortex data. For that, please read on.

Read 15 tweets
Dec 11, 2022
The more I read and research about $MMTLP the worse it gets...

Right now, unfortunately, I have to give everyone a very hard pill they are going to have to swallow...

Your money is gone... forever #Finra_is_Corrupt #Finrafraud #FINRAcrime
I think it's extremely hard for Finra to justify its actions, but we need to acknowledge this has happened before with no consequences...

- $SPRT war flashbacks -

The problem is, class actions and lawsuits take many years... $MMTLP investors have a very big fucking problem NOW.
The situation with this forced sale of $MMTLP and extraordinary halt by FINRA is going to force everyone's shares into settlement, which will force them to transfer to a private company.

You can't sell them.

However, this is a taxable action, so... this is gonna suck but...
Read 8 tweets
Dec 10, 2022
@smartunionworks, you and your union members may think you're alone, but believe me, MANY eyes are on what you decide to do on December 13th.

Your pay, your benefits, your value, and your rights have been challenged, and we noticed.

We stand with you and your #RightToStrike
For those who are unaware, Congress and the White House are terrified of a rail union strike because it would cripple the US economy and cause transportation/logistics to break down.

Despite that, Union Pacific refused to grant additional paid time off for workers.
In response, The White House has made it illegal for rail workers to strike in the face of what it calls a national emergency.

The Union Pacific Railroad has the money & resources to grant these benefits but refuses to do so out of greed, not necessity.
time.com/6238361/joe-bi…
Read 9 tweets
Aug 5, 2022
@CEOAdam cracked the code on counting the $AMC naked shorts.

Brokers will never tell the truth, but $APE will.

Buckle up for this DD thread. I'll keep it short and sweet
$AMC dividend is a 1:1 dividend for $APE.

Only 1 share of $APE will be delivered per 1 share of $AMC

Brokers MUST deliver these on 22nd of August. Anyone who does not receive their shares on 08/22 will create one FTD per share not received.

That's your share count.
THERE IS NO OTHER WAY FOR AN FTD ON A NEWLY ISSUED STOCK TO OCCUR EXCEPT IF THE BROKER FAILED TO DELIVER IT!

Every FTD that is marked against $APE on August 22nd is the number of shares that SHOULD have been received by retail shareholders.

EACH FTD OF $APE = 1 $AMC NAKED SHORT
Read 10 tweets
Aug 5, 2022
I'm going to clear up something regarding $AMC's share dividend and the fears about a "dilution" through an equity merger.

This will be a bit lengthy.

While you might argue that it is "dilution", what you fail to realize is that @CEOAdam is giving you all a gift of free equity.
If a merger between the preferred shares happens, it will because apes voted on it.

Here are the pros and cons we should consider...

First, $APE is a new equity which is separate from $AMC, tied together only by the value of the company.

They are priced separately.
By itself, $APE has no bearing on $AMC's value, but it *does* offer a separate dilution option for the company that has nothing to do with synthetic shares in $AMC.

It literally has no effect currently.

But if AA can sell those shares, the company can use that cash.
Read 15 tweets
Jul 15, 2022
Latest $BBIG DD Thread:

Just a reminder of this thread where I highlighted the last time $BBIG barcoded like crazy before it hit a liquidity pool about 10% below it's average price on the week and then took off for the stars within 30 days.

As always... NFA...
$BBIG has more than 250,000 call options hidden in the options chain with the potential to expire ITM and put unimaginable pain on market makers and the shorts who have beaten $BBIG into the dirt.

For context, 257,640 calls is over 25.7M shares, or 20% of the total Free Float.
Market makers have been anticipating $BBIG would not survive this beat-down, and have been dictating the price on these options as worthless for the past month to convince retail to sell for pennies on the dollar.

In driving the price down so far, they've created an opportunity.
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(