🧵

A creative #BorisJohnson protest, art & photography thread (to be continued)

1/
2/

Graffiti
Copenhagen, Denmark

by: @ densortemink / IG
via: @ coronastreetart / IG

#BorisJohnson
#DowningStreetParties
3/

Graffiti "Sack Boris"
Leake Street Tunnel, Lambeth, London

[credits below]

#BorisJohnson
#DowningStreetParties
4/

"Go Directly To Jail"

by: @ the_suversive_stitcher / IG

#BorisJohnson
#DowningStreetParties
5/

"Portrait of Premier BoJo"

[artist's comment: Submission to the @ delphiangallery for their @ delphianopencall print exhibition, oil on linen 100x90cm]

by: @ burlo.o / IG

#BorisJohnson
#DowningStreetParties
6/

London, UK

by: @ andybartonphoto / IG

#photography
#BorisJohnson
7/

Graffiti "Party Like Boris"
Birmingham

by: @ ogghost_ea / IG

#BorisJohnson
#DowningStreetParties
8/

"The Word on The Street"
London

by: @ andy.gardner.photography / IG

#BorisJohnson
9/

"Feline the pressure!"

by: @ gettyimages / IG
via: @ dan_kitwood / IG

#BorisJohnson
10/

The Boris Burger
"What a mess"

by: @ barrysidingscafe / IG
Pontypridd

#BorisJohnson
11/

"Cheese & Wine Party? No No I'm just holding these for a friend."

by: @ minifignick / IG

#LEGO #BorisJohnson
#DowningStreetParties
12/

by: @ beckybarnicomics / IG

[cartoonist's comment: Can I have a medal for drawing Boris Johnson in lycra please]

#BorisJohnson
13/

Manchester, UK

via: @ womanchester0161_pics / IG

#photography
#BorisJohnson
14/

Graffiti
Leith

by: @ creative_electric / IG

#BorisJohnson
#DowningStreetParties
15/

by: @ hannahlondon / IG
via: @ hannahrbritt / IG

[author's comment: Says it all really ... wearing my feelings on my wrist today]

#BorisJohnson

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with TheBossRoss 🇪🇺 🧶 ❄ 📷 6x💉

TheBossRoss 🇪🇺 🧶 ❄ 📷 6x💉 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @BettinaSRoss1

Sep 6, 2023
🧵

Unglaubliche Szenen in der Apotheke. Ich muss mich erst mal setzen. Wo fang ich an?
2/ Mit 2 Rezepten für Antibiotika & post-KrebsOP Enzyme in die Apotheke. Tür weit auf (immer eine Erleichterung), 3 Apothekerinnen & Kunden, alle ohne Maske. Als ein Schalter frei wird, gehe ich 😷 rein.

Neben mir ein älteres Ehepaar. Beide Fatigue, Halsschmerzen, Magenprobleme.
3/ Er so schwach, dass er sich am Schalter abstützt bis die Frau faucht "Haben Sie denn keinen Stuhl für ihn?". Es wird ihm einer gebracht. Mir wird langsam mulmig.

Die Apothekerin ist freundlich, aber sehr zurückhaltend. Sie fragt die Symptome ab & schlägt Wick MediNait vor.
Read 20 tweets
May 30, 2023
Continuing on with my lose thread of threads about migration (see yesterday: family migration), let's talk about skilled migration.

I think there's a bit of confusion & still quite a bit of underappreciation going on there.

Where to start?
2/ Twice in the last few weeks the car we rely on (we really do) was stranded due to unavailable spare parts. A rear light, a magnetic valve - these aren't rare parts to break. And still, neither the maker (in various countries) nor any online shop was able to help.
3/ I quizzed the maker today on why it was such a problem. They said, after COVID & initial disruption after the outbreak of war against Ukraine there's 3 reasons: shortage of lorry/transport drivers, closure of spare part production sites across Europe, Chinese production delays
Read 12 tweets
May 29, 2023
🧵Migration also means spouses, fiancé(e)s, (adopted/step) children, & parents. All these people joining or accompanying loved ones. They might not bring an immediate economic benefit. They do, however, bring great enthusiasm for their new home & they make or preserve a family.
2/As a former Australian family migration officer, I assure you they also go through rigorous testing. Is the relationship genuine? Can they support themselves? Are they without criminal conviction? Are they healthy? What are their plans, their funds, their language knowledge?
3/ They spend thousands (& I mean, thousands) on the application, certified documents, translations, doctor's appointments, they send photo albums & videos & stacks of bills of living together, uncertain what it will take for a stranger to accept their relationship as 'genuine'.
Read 10 tweets
May 28, 2023
🧵I remember early in the pandemic when all were to stay at home, my mum suggested I could take a walk by the river. Now, that all were indoors, it would be safe. I replied, yes, but what if everyone does that? Ignores the rules designed to keep everything fair and everyone safe.
2/ Solidarity & consideration are cornerstones of every society. You can't police everyone all the time. (Even if you could, what kind of community would that be?) Our systems can't work when people opt out when they feel like it, don't care about being caught or about others.
3/ Paying one's taxes is another example. Our societies fund services for all from them. Streets & schools, public transport & playgrounds, hospitals & bin collection, police, public administration, libraries, theatres. We don't always use all. We pool together for everyone.
Read 6 tweets
Mar 29, 2023
Almost all German cartoonists today look at Charles' German state visit:
2/

"Traffic jams everywhere because of King Charles!"
"That was foreseeable. He's ..."
"...a dedicated climate activist."

Cartoon: Klaus Stuttmann Image
3/
"Which way to the coronation?"

Cartoon: NEL Image
Read 7 tweets
Mar 9, 2023
🧵The views today's propaganda embeds in people will be hard if not impossible to change. Neurologically, we tend to hold on to what we first come to believe - about ourselves & about others. #StopTheBoats will do lasting damage by planting & cementing deeply flawed convictions.
2/ My German nan, born in 1914, was a profoundly unpolitical person, her interests entirely elsewhere. She wasn't a great intellect, but equally not ignorant. In the 30s, she worked in an office & had an English boyfriend whom she visited in the UK in 1938.
3/ She also lived through Nazism as a young adult. She fled the GDR w/ her (German) husband in 1953 & felt at home in West Germany, for economic reasons more than political conviction. She took times as they were & adapted. A comfortable life, travel, clothes, that was her focus.
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(