J. Paul Kirby Profile picture
Mar 7, 2022 5 tweets 2 min read Read on X
With subtitles. Pres. Zelenskyy's March 7 morning address. Part 1 of 5.

"There is no blood on our flag. There are no black spots or swastikas on it. The Ukrainian flag is the land. And the sky. Peaceful. So it was. And so it will be."
Pres. Zelenskyy's March 7 morning address, with subtitles. Part 2 of 5.
Pres. Zelenskyy's March 7 morning address, with subtitles. Part 3 of 5.
Pres. Zelenskyy's March 7 morning address, with subtitles. Part 4 of 5. This part doesn't have subtitles because the official subtitled version stopped at the 5 minute mark. When a corrected video is released, I'll replace this.
Pres. Zelenskyy's March 7 morning address, with subtitles. Part 5 of 5. This part doesn't have subtitles because the official subtitled version stopped at the 5 minute mark. When a corrected video is released, I'll replace this.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with J. Paul Kirby

J. Paul Kirby Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JPaulKirby

Mar 26, 2022
SUBTITLES. Pres. Zelenskyy's March 26 address. "Ukraine is united in its desire to live freely. That is why our "tractor troops"-Ukrainian farmers-take Rus equipment in the fields and give it to our military, in particular the latest models that Rus has tried to keep secret." 1/6
"I spoke to the Polish President twice today about planes for Ukraine, tanks, anti-missile defense, anti-ship weaponry. This is for freedom not only in Ukraine, but in Europe. It cannot be acceptable to put Eastern Europe at risk only because they left 1% in their hangars." 2/6
"Partners need to step up assistance. After speaking to the Polish president, I spoke with the defenders of Mariupol. I wish at least a percentage of their courage for those who have been thinking for 31 days how to transfer a few dozen planes and tanks." 3/6
Read 6 tweets
Mar 25, 2022
SUBTITLES. Pres. Zelenskyy's March 25 evening address. "Over the past week, our heroic Armed Forces have dealt powerful blows to the enemy, significant losses. They say that the Minister of Defense of Russia has disappeared somewhere." Part 1 of 5.
"I am grateful to our defenders who showed the occupiers that the sea willl not be calm for them, even when there is no storm. Because there will be fire. As on those Russian ships that departed this week on the famous route from the Port of Berdyansk." Part 2 of 5.
"Everyone on the planet needs to know what Russia is doing. So that the responsibility for crimes against the Ukrainian people becomes inevitable and as severe as possible for the Russian military." Part 3 of 5.
Read 5 tweets
Mar 24, 2022
NEW: From Pres. Zelenskyy, a video showing & discussing the Nazi and Russian advances against Europe.

"When facing the evil, it's hard to believe the reality of it." 1/2
2/2
Only thing I would note is that much of the "1943" footage of atrocities, mass graves, was actually filmed by US and British armies in 1945 after liberating Germany. It comes from an hour-long compilation of military films I've been debating about posting.
Read 4 tweets
Mar 24, 2022
SUBTITLES. Pres. Zelenskyy's March 24 address to the G7. "Russia was admitted to the G8 before it proved itself, and now you are the G7. You and I do not know how many urgent summits will be needed before the problems Russia creates are resolved." 1/4
"This is just the beginning. There may be a global food crisis. The longer Ukraine is not at peace, the less food the world market will receive from Ukraine. This will result in political destabilization. It is better to stop Russia's military machine first." 2/4
It is better to give Ukraine weapons now than to other countries later: Georgia, Moldova, the Baltic states, Poland, and Central Asia. Democracies must be able to defend themselves. Freedom must be armed. Life must overcome death. We propose a new alliance: the U-24." 3/4
Read 4 tweets
Mar 24, 2022
Ukraine's intelligence agency, GUR, has published additional details on the internment regime Russia has established thus far.
1) Ukranians are being taken en masse to a detention camp in Dokuchaevsk, in the Donetsk region of Ukraine. Combatants are redirected.
1/
The term of art for these intake facilities is "фільтраційних таборів" or "filtration camps."

We'll likely need to remember that there were many classes of Nazi camps. Only one was "concentration camp," although that term is now used generically to refer to all of them.
2/
2) At the Dokuchaevsk intake camp, all identification and documentation is confiscated from internees.
3) Other than combatants, all remaining men, women, and children are transported to camps within Russian borders, principally to Taganrog and Krasnodar.
3/
Read 7 tweets
Mar 24, 2022
SUBTITLES. Pres. Zelenskyy's March 24 address to the parliament of Sweden. "The blue and yellow flag now may be the most popular in the world. The colors are associated with freedom. The colors of our flag are not just about Ukraine, but about Sweden as well." 1/5
"Modern Europe is built on clear principles. There can be no forced border revision. Every nation has the right to choose its future. Russia has decided that if Ukraine fails to endure, everything modern living people value will be lost, everything valued by any free people." 2/5
"You are in danger because only the sea separates you. Russia state TV already reports how Russia occupies your Gotland island. Because a military base will help it capture the Baltic states. Russia went to war with Ukraine because it expects to destroy freedom in Europe." 3/5
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(