Samantha Asumadu Profile picture
Mar 16, 2022 8 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Netflix
BBC IPlayer
BFI player (I forgot to cancel the trial now figure I need to get my moneys worth. Watched 30 mins of La Haine so far)
AMAZON Prime
BRITBOX (currently on 14 day free trial so I can watch Red Riding again, pls god let me remember to cancel it 🙏🏾)
And I am staying in a house without Internet for a month 😏
Does have a jacuzzi tho 🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿
Finally getting round to watching Red Riding before my Brit Box subscription runs out 🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿
(I downloaded it in the Glasgow Modern Art gallery library on Tuesday) ImageImage
Forgotten what a great cast it has! Mostly before they were famous, but lots of good established actors too, ImageImage
So many British mainstays! ImageImage
"You're fucking pathetic, just a hack!"
Red Riding airing the whole British commentariat. Just the cherry on the top that it's Eddie Marsan pissing on himself!
Blooming eck, look who it is! Image
Paddy Considine! 😍 Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Samantha Asumadu

Samantha Asumadu Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @SamanthaAsumadu

Jul 6, 2022
People still don't seem to understand the seriousness of the Nationality and borders bill and all its fascist implications. I've given up trying to tell people. I was born in 1979 so have SOME protection. Anyone black or brown, born after 1983 does not.
The only reason I came back online after 2 and a half good years being offline was this bill. If that does not tell you something then I don't know what will get through to you. Bar ALL the articles I have written about it since December.
No. 1 Why we need to join forces to oppose the Nationality and Borders Bill opendemocracy.net/en/5050/why-we…
Read 18 tweets
Jul 3, 2022
I recenrly wrote about how learning instruments from seven years old onwards made me able to multi task/create. I think it opens something up in a child. I think it's also been instrumental in why I seek patterns, which is basically all I do when trying to investigate something.
Read 4 tweets
Jul 3, 2022
Oo! This is my kind of dilemma.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - seasons 1-3
This Life - Series 1 and 2
The Shield - all seasons
The Wire - Season 2 and 4
Grey's Anatomy - Season 1 and 2
Hmm gonna be thinking about this more though!
Hacks! Brilliant writing. Atlantic, specifically the barbershop episode, which is the best episode of TV ever made bar none (in my opinion) And some episodes of Girls too. Parks and Recs - Season 3 and 4 👌🏾
Actually yes, Enlightened too! Funnily enough the guy who wrote The White Lotus, also a great script was in it.
Read 4 tweets
Jun 26, 2022
Have had so many non-black people try & erase the radical history of @WritersofColour in the past few months. And I say fuck you to them, we were there first and sacrificed A LOT to build this platform from scratch. Anything you've done in the past few years is built on our backs
This is a celebrated author honouring @WritersofColour. And I'm grateful for the acknowledgement.
This is someone who was a @WritersofColour columnist completley erasing history. And even more ridiculous, most people in that anthology wrote for us. It's why I have an acknowledgement in the book from Nikesh. Darren Chetty's essay in it was first published by us in 2013. 🤘🏿
Read 5 tweets
Jun 26, 2022
Amrit Wilson speaking on behalf of Awaz at International Campaign for Abortion Rights rally, Trafalgar Square, 1980. Women of colour had insisted that the rally’s demands included the ‘right to safe contraception, freedom from forced sterilisation and similar abuses’.
Hillingdon hospital strikers in 1997. The strike had been underway for two years after workers were sacked for refusing a pay cut. Wilson looks at worker strikes in the book. Credit: Sarbjit Johal
'We have  much to learn from Grunwick, one of the most impressive trade union strikes in UK history. The solidarity that Desai worked for – the white trade unionists coming out in support of minority ethnic women from across different trades – didn’t materialise out of nowhere,
Read 5 tweets
Jun 24, 2022
We've got so many articles @WritersofColour by working class black and brown people about working class struggle and resistance. Gonna tweet them over the weekend cos the erasure is pissing me off now. One to get started mediadiversified.org/2013/10/07/a-n…
"Both racism and anti-racism were present in the making of the English working class" mediadiversified.org/2015/11/18/bot…
South Asian women in Britain: Finding a voice, 40 years on mediadiversified.org/2019/01/17/sou…
Read 49 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(