BuzzFeed Profile picture
Mar 28, 2022 14 tweets 4 min read Read on X
In case you didn't watch the #Oscars last night, we rounded up the awkward moments for ya 👀 buzzfeed.com/ryanschocket2/…
If you're like me, you love the awkward moments during awards shows. And despite being a prestigious affair, the Oscars were still home to some quality cringe/uncomfortable moments this year.
Here are some of the best. Enjoy!
Before the show started, Anthony Hopkins did this preshow dance, which very much gave Hannibal Lecter vibes:
People were pointing out how a lot of the "live" coverage wasn't exactly live:
Amy Schumer made this bruuuuutal J.K. Simmons joke:
There seemed to be some audio/mic issues during Mila Kunis's introduction of Reba McEntire's performance:
The director of Drive My Car, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, was cued off by music but persisted and said, "Just one more minute!"
The "We Don't Talk About Bruno" performance seemed generally off-key:
And of course the most awkward moment of the night started when Chris Rock made an offensive joke about Jada Pinkett Smith looking like "G.I. Jane." Jada has been open about her struggles with alopecia, which causes hair loss. She looked as if the joke hurt her feelings:
And then Will Smith approached Chris and hit him in the face:
Diane Warren had a less-than-happy reaction to Billie Eilish's win for Best Original Song:
And lastly, Kristen Stewart appeared to shake her head when Jessica won for Best Actress:
You can check out the full list here! ⬇️
buzzfeed.com/ryanschocket2/…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with BuzzFeed

BuzzFeed Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @BuzzFeed

Nov 2, 2022
“It was really important as I’ve worked with the Trevor Project for more than 10 years, and so I don’t think I would’ve been able to look myself in the mirror had I not said anything." buzzfeed.com/larryfitzmauri…
Daniel Radcliffe's made it no secret that he doesn't stand with J.K. Rowling's anti-trans beliefs. Image
In June of 2020, the actor and Harry Potter star published an open letter on The Trevor Project's website, stating that "trans women are women." Image
Read 8 tweets
Nov 1, 2022
"You will get yourself rejected before you have even had the opportunity to get in front of a manager." buzzfeed.com/mayaogolini/wh…
If you're currently job hunting, chances are you've found yourself at your wit's end of the application process. They can be long, tedious, and often times you don't even get a response back.
Which is probably why this résumé "hack" is currently re-circulating around Twitter.
The hack is called "white wording," and it's a trick designed to outsmart most companies' Applicant Tracking Software. The software is designed to sort through job applications and choose the ones that align best with the job description.
Read 10 tweets
Oct 31, 2022
Martin Luther King Jr. stepped up when the Roberts family was in "a jam." buzzfeed.com/alexgurley/jul…
Julia Roberts has a pretty unexpected connection to the late Martin Luther King Jr. — and it goes back to the day she was born. Image
Back in 1967, Julia's family found themselves in a bind when they couldn't afford the hospital bill for her birth.

When their friends, the King family, heard about the situation, they stepped in and offered to pay the bill on behalf of the Roberts family. ImageImage
Read 7 tweets
Oct 31, 2022
"I went to the gym and I was in a towel and a guy went up and handed me a script and he said, ‘I had a feeling you were in show choir, am I right?’" buzzfeed.com/larryfitzmauri…
You know Glee — you love Glee. Image
One of the classic TV show's more memorable (for all the wrong reasons 🥴) characters was glee club director and teacher Will Schuester — or Mr. Schue — who was played by Matthew Morrison. ImageImageImageImage
Read 9 tweets
Oct 8, 2022
"A symphony of boos..." buzzfeed.com/ryanschocket2/…
This week, actor Mila Kunis appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote her latest film, Luckiest Girl Alive.
The show, which was being filmed in Brooklyn, featured a particularly rowdy audience.
Read 14 tweets
Oct 6, 2022
The episode seemingly boiled Mexican culture down to sombreros, maracas, tacos, and "Juan" jokes. buzzfeed.com/angelicaamarti…
Earlier this week, Prue Leith took to Twitter to announce that the Great British Bake Off's theme for their next episode would be "Mexican week."

Yeah, yikes 😅 Image
It's not that I don't think it's possible to do an episode like this with appreciation and respect for the culture, but I was fairly certain that wasn't the direction #GBBO would be going.

Does anyone remember "Japanese week"??? ImageImageImageImage
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(