Sailor Moon Cricket🌚🌙 Profile picture
Apr 6, 2022 17 tweets 6 min read Read on X
FOR JOB SEEKERS WITHOUT DEGREES:

Do you believe that your lack of college degree(s) is hindering your ability to get jobs and high paying positions?
🤥 Failed college, lied about the degree, nobody asked for proof, got the IT job

🤩 Duplicated my LinkedIn tips and the inbox is now blown up, messages every hour
🤥🤥🤥🤥 WE LIE TOGETHER, WE GET HIGH TOGETHER! Salaries that is.💸

Going from zero callbacks for months to getting 4 in a row!💅🏾
🥰 Applied for a job with their new resume using my tips and advice… callback in 10 minutes.⏳⏳⏳

✈️ Changed the career trajectory!
👅 Since using my resume and interview tips… they were able to get 9 INTERVIEWS SCHEDULED WITHIN ONE WEEK ALONE!

Purrrr! I turn so many people into Recruiters and then they come back to get their newly opened roles plugged for that commission. FULLY INTEGRATED CAREER SERVICES!
My bby Ethan took my tips, got himself hired AND his friends while still in college so no degree or experience and they’re still all winning from the TIPS.💋💋💋

I’m going to be speaking at colleges soon to get all the students hired!
Christian so fine, he came to the TikTok live, got a free LinkedIn audit cause he was struggling in his tech job search and BOW… less than 12 hours later = AN OFFER!🫦😏

“You are wildly talented and entertaining to say the least.” 💓 Much obliged!
🖤 5 days after finishing an Executive resume package and the interviews were already coming in!

And she GOT that tech job from finding me from the #BlackTechTwitter tag. 🙏🏾🙏🏾
🧚🏾‍♂️ Revising the resume to restructuring the LinkedIn… got a fellowship interview and a recruiter reached out in a MATTER OF A WEEK!!! Both opportunities fell in line with the salary expectations.💰💰💰💰💰
👐🏾 10 days they started applying for jobs and got 5 companies REACH OUT, a Recruiter contact directly about an unlisted job and passed many phone interviews and had 3 final interviews that week alone.

🪄 “It’s insane how quickly this worked”
🔥 EARLY 20s
🔥 NO DEGREE/EXPERIENCE
🔥 SO MANY EMPLOYERS FLOODING
🔥 HIGH PAYING OPPORTUNITIES

-

She ended up getting a Sales & Marketing Recruiter position at an FAANG for $100k+
🔌 ANDREA THE PLUG!!!!!!

“You just helped me land my first job as a college student as a software developer”

👩🏾‍💻👩🏾‍💻👩🏾‍💻👩🏾‍💻👩🏾‍💻👩🏾‍💻 WE IN TECH!
🙃 Before the LinkedIn even got finished, the callbacks were coming in for multiple positions. Last round of a Corporate Coordinator position that paid $80k!

Doing what I do best, DAILY.😌
😍 My content is helping so much! They watch me on TikTok, take the tips, and get JOB OFFERS.

😘 3 offers
😘 Accepted the highest
😘 Income went from $52k to $126k

“Keep doing amazing things” I will try!🥰
THE FEDS WATCHING! They studied all my videos and got offered a GS-14 position with the government.💀💀💀💀💀
If you are ready to be next, click the link in the bio and press contact OR…

🌴 Email your resume here:
resume@thecareerisland.com
📃⛴ Board my Resume Ferry for more examples of my work and resume designs with tips & tricks that get the world hired:

thecareerisland.com/resumes

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Sailor Moon Cricket🌚🌙

Sailor Moon Cricket🌚🌙 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @andreaisawriter

Mar 19
I offer job seekers the information that is typically hidden and not discussed openly when it comes to how to EXCEL in the job market in order to help them achieve higher salaries at better companies.

What is this hidden information ⬇️⬇️⬇️
1. NOBODY really sits there and reads resumes.

They scan and skim them in 6-7 seconds (or even less) to see if they will call you back. Yes, some companies use an ATS but some companies don't, so you barely need to focus on "fitting it."

You need to just fit the job description
2. Companies ONLY care about 3 things

If you can:

- Make them money
- Save them money
- SAVE THEM TIME (so they can make more $$$)

This is what human capital (employees) are bought to do for the company. If you cannot demonstrate this, you are not getting hired.
Read 15 tweets
Dec 17, 2023
🐠 How to PREPARE for job interviews for roles that you have never done before (fish-out-of-water job hunting), a thread on executing a seamless career pivot:

*Please refer to this thread when you land an interview for a title you haven't officially yet held*
1. Go back to the original job description (you should have already saved it as a PDF) and start rereading it!

You should know the job description like the BACK of your hand once you get that initial interview confirmation.
2. Pull out the main keywords from the job description because you are going to use them A LOT in your interview.

These will be the words that the interviewer will be listening for and ✨WANTING ✨ to hear. They are the words that are repeated many times in the job description.
Read 16 tweets
Dec 6, 2023
Better skills to add to your LinkedIn in the about OR the main skills section at the bottom of your profile:

1. Customer Relationship Management
2. Talent Development
3. Product Marketing
4. Competitive Intelligence
5. Business Analytics
6. Program Leadership
7. Risk Compliance
1. Customer Relationship Management

If you ever:

-Had a conversation with a customer
-Helped a customer with anything
-Sold a product or service to a customer
-Diffused or escalated a situation
-Received a return customer
-Were complimented by a customer
-Have been a customer
2. Talent Development

If you ever:

-Worked on a team
-Gained a new skill
-Showed a new employee the ropes
-Told a new employee company info
-Met with a supervisor
-Been on an improvement plan
-Did a training module
-Attended a training program
-Were trained by someone else
Read 9 tweets
May 26, 2023
⁉️ Thread of thought-provoking questions that you can ask at the end of your interviews to make the interviewer THINK HARD, which will help you stand out from the rest of the candidates in the job competition!

Keep them up all night with these below:
❓ "How do you demonstrate the importance of diversity here outside of having marginalized groups and minorities on staff?"

(this is GREAT if diversity is one of their values or in the job description)
❓ "Can you tell me about a time where you felt that you dropped the ball on a project and disappointed your team?"

(flip the script, especially if you feel like you bombed your interview - make them sweat a little too)
Read 27 tweets
May 26, 2023
The underlying and very big issue at the end of the day is that there is a LOT of EMOTIONAL LABOR intertwined into financial stability, the job market, job hunting, and career development that so many people do not have the capacity/want to do all on their own.

This be y'all:
WHICH IS WHY:

My tips are free and in the pinned tweet, the link in my bios, across multiple social media, I answer DMs (only not on TikTok), go live for Q&A, write blogs, make videos...

Really honestly & truly, I have done everything possible to help you get hired on your own.
But the moment people start expressing their severe life experiences to me in great detail, I quickly realize that they aren't just looking for a new job... They are crying out for emotional help, support, and lifting.

THAT? I am not a licensed professional in. Y'all I am 20.
Read 5 tweets
May 26, 2023
The bundle that I put together for that very beautiful girl who helped me with my People Ops interviews could definitely be turned into an entire service because it is so valuable, but idk what the price point would be, but people ask me for job matching all the time.
Service would include:

-2 blank resume templates in your field
-Customized LinkedIn banner
-Links to profiles to copy for your about section
-30+ open roles that match your interest to apply to

And then the rest of the tips I'd give with like a career audit. Not sure the price.
The difficulty that a lot of job seekers face is that they do NOT know what job title they want or what they are good at/want to do.

So they ask if someone can "take a look" at their poorly crafted resume and do a "career consultation" with them to see what they can do.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(