Res Profile picture
Apr 8, 2022 β€’ 15 tweets β€’ 10 min read β€’ Read on X
$META | @meta_pool | a thread πŸ‘‡πŸ§΅

MetaPool is the first liquid staking solution on @NEARProtocol

By staking your $NEAR, it allows you to get liquid stNEAR to use it in DeFi as collateral or to provide liquidity while you are earning staking rewards with a ~10.77% APY

1/x Image
πŸ““ How does liquid staking work?

1. Deposit $NEAR into MetaPool
2. Receive stNEAR (staked-NEAR)
3. MetaPool distributes your tokens across validators
4. Rewards accumulate in the form of appreciated stNEAR value
5. Use stNEAR in DeFi applications

Same as @LidoFinance!

2/x Image
πŸ“Š TVL

- With $133M in TVL, Metapool is the top 1 app by TVL in the $NEAR eco (not taking $AURORA into account)

- TVL is ever-increasing (measured in NEAR tokens) and ppl are staking NEAR to take advantage of the liquid staking solution

3/x ImageImage
πŸ’» How can you use your stNEAR?

1⃣ Leverage staking

@BastionProtocol offers a leverage play where you can stake your stNEAR, borrow NEAR against it, stake and provide again

After several loops you can get ~100% APY on your $NEAR tokens πŸ”„

4/x Image
2⃣ Use it as collateral

@BastionProtocol and @aurigami_PLY allow you to deposit stNEAR and borrow against

@FinanceOin allows you to mint their stablecoin $nUSDO by backing it with stNEAR

5/x ImageImageImage
3⃣ Provide liquidity

- stNEAR - NEAR directly in the MetaPool app for 15.88% APY
- stNEAR - wNEAR in @finance_ref for 19.17% APR
- stNEAR - xTRI on @trisolarislabs for 81% APR
- stNEAR - META on @finance_ref for 65% APY

You can of course combine several strategies

6/x ImageImageImageImage
πŸͺ™ The $META token

$META is the native governance token and in Phase III there will be a dividend-pool that will allow $META owners to burn $META to obtain stNEAR πŸ”₯

7/x Image
πŸŒ€Allocation

Max supply = 1B

Founders: 30%
Team & advisors: 2.6%
Investors: 10%
Venture rounds: 10%
Community & treasury: 57.4%

*The Meta team hasn't made any pre-sale before the launch so the entire project was funded by the founders

**Tokens have 1-2 year lockups

8/x Image
πŸ’° Valuation

Let's use @LidoFinance as comparison

$META
- Market cap ~ $1.9M
- TVL = $133M
- Mcap / TVL = 0.014

$LDO
- Market cap = $1,161M
- TVL = $18.87B
- Mcap / TVL = 0.062

9/x
As you can see the Mcap/TVL ratio for Lido is pretty small but $META is undervalued by a factor of x4.43 in comparison to $LDO

With only $133M in TVL and $NEAR popularity growing, we can expect more use cases for stNEAR which will boost Metapool's TVL

10/x
Maybe you can use stNEAR to mint $USN & earn 20% APR. That'd massively boost Metapool's TVL

Due to (1) $NEAR narrative, (2) only liquid staking solution & future TVL growth, (3) comparison with $LDO and (4) use case speculation, I think $META is highly undervalued at < $2M

11/x
If Metapool captures $1B TVL and $META's Mcap / TVL = $LDO's ratio of 0.06 --> $META should have a Mcap of $60M and a price of $3.15 per token

Even with supply increasing, (META is inflationary due to incentive rewards) I don't see a scenario where $META can't do a x10

12/x
πŸ“ˆ Chart

13/x Image
πŸ›’ Where and how to buy?

Although $META is available on @trisolarislabs liquidity is non existent so I recommend buying on app.ref.finance

And if you're trading with size here's some alpha: stake NEAR in Metapool, get stNEAR and swap for $META for a lower slippage

14/x Image

β€’ β€’ β€’

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
γ€€

Keep Current with Res

Res Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @resdegen

May 31, 2023
I've lost thousands of USD in crypto due to rugs or exploits. And who hasn't...

This free tool can help you find vulnerabilities in tokens and check out the health of your wallets to be protected

For example, I realized I have $31,010 exposed to risk in this wallet 🧡 Image
@DeDotFi offers under the same UI different security tools, which are free to use for everyone:

1. Shield πŸ›‘οΈ (my fav one)
2. Scanner πŸ”Ž
3. Rekt Database ℹ️

Hopefully thanks to it, you can avoid losing money in charts like this: Image
1. SHIELD πŸ›‘οΈ

This tool alerts users of risks that might be affecting your wallet, and users can revoke access to be protected

I personally have in this wallet $31,010 exposed to attacks via several contracts:
- 8 high risk
- 1 mid risk
- 20 low risk

with a score of 60% Image
Read 12 tweets
May 30, 2023
$KUJI | @TeamKujira looks good consolidating above $0.85

Cosmos L1 not listed yet in any top-tier CEX @ $100M Mcap

VCs out & 94% in circ, so they can't dump on you. Heard the team has quite a lot of runway

Gud tech: decentralized liquidator, stablecoin, on-chain orderbook, etc Image
needs a top-tier CEX listing, only in MEXC now

Not easy to get users onto non-EVM L1s due to onboarding and lack of liquidity. But seems they're working on it

I'm still one of those who think that non-EVM L1s will be a main point of discussion again as narrative shifts
I like how they are entering the EVM environment tho, for example by bridging over to Arbitrum and making $KUJI tradable on Camelot

My thesis is that this is a first step to also integrate their products with other EVM chains

like ORCA, $USK, or the on-chain orderbook
Read 5 tweets
May 29, 2023
$LVL catalysts

- Deployment on @arbitrum in June
- Partnership with @traderjoe_xyz (hinted)
- $LVL / $LGO OFT tokens powered by @LayerZero_Labs w/ fully cross-chain yield aggregation
- @GMDprotocol to build delta-neutral vaults for LLP tranches (+ $LGO ?)

Chart looks pumpy here Image
$GLP yield has dropped to 5.7% APR as TVL isn't being utilized. $GMX has more TVL than it needs

$LVL LLPs tranches are doing 38%, 127%, & 209% in BSC (only fees)

I think it's inevitable that some GLP liquidity migrates to Level to seek higher yields
When $GNS moved to Arbi, both TVL and volume skyrocketed

Level is deploying on Arbitrum in a time when $GLP yield is quite low, so I expect it to attract a lot of TVL (and users - another criticism point for Level)

Gains proved themselves in Polygon, Level did it in BNB ImageImage
Read 8 tweets
Feb 10, 2023
1/ On Trading Narratives - some thoughts

There is something that took me some time to master. Still not 100% there, tbh, but in the right path.

We tend to increase size as the narrative becomes more & more obvious. And we're shy at the beginning, just in case. High risk, right?
2/ We have to do the opposite. Go hard initially and take some off the table as the narrative becomes more obvious

It seems counterintuitive. As human beings we have a cognitive bias to feel safer once we're comfortable, and we're comfortable when everyone is on the same trade.
3/ But this is extremely important to take into account in a pvp market. When everyone agrees with you, where is the next money coming from?

Especially in a market that is not receiving new fresh money.
Read 10 tweets
Jan 12, 2023
This isn't about TA but about psychology. Gonna use this example.

$AIRI is consolidating within a tighter range, with overall trend to the upside. How many times the $0.0045 area has been touched?

The tighter the consolidation, the more violent the next move will be.

[1/5] Image
Market reacting positively to the recent CPI print. BTC close to 19k, FET and OCEAN making new HHs, PHB and other AI coins up

Think what this chart is saying to sellers and buyers. When there are no big dips, eventually emotional humans are forced to buy as they feel fomo

[2/5]
Sidelined capital waiting as we're at resistance. Traders consider the chance of rejection, yet they're not getting it

If resistance breaks after so many touches, it means sellers are out & sidelined capital has to get in as the chance of rejection decreased

[3/5]
Read 5 tweets
Dec 19, 2022
1/ It Is Finally Live!

#NEAR is now compatible with @MetaMask πŸ”₯πŸ”’

Thus, NEAR becomes the first non-EVM chain to offer MetaMask compatibility through a smart contract called #NETH, developed by @proximityfi

Thread on how NETH works πŸ§΅πŸ‘‡
2/ #NETH is a smart contract that enables your Ethereum address to remotely control your paired NEAR account via signing transactions.

NETH is deployed on the NEAR side and allows you to directly interact with NEAR dApps using most Ethereum wallets, such as MetaMask
3/ #NETH accepts transaction details (payload) & the signature from your paired Ethereum account. The contract

1. verifies the signature from the ETH account
2. recovers the ETH public address and
3. executes the transaction if it matches the address from the initial NETH setup
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(