Steven Dennis Profile picture
Apr 17, 2022 49 tweets 37 min read Read on X
Starting #SaturdayNightZillow with a CRAY CRAY compound on the water in Arizona. Guaranteed to blow your retinas! *Secret rooms. *Parking for 45. *Garage of the Gods. *Party showers.
All kinds of weird 7BR/9BA/7K sf $6.949M 🧵zillow.com/homedetails/36…
This bathroom should come with a warning. #SaturdayNightZillow
Just one of the party showers. But you might need Advil. #SaturdayNightZillow
What's behind the Secret Vault Door? #SaturdayNightZillow
Hmm. Wasn't expecting this. #SaturdayNightZillow
OK, so this is weird. But what bothers me is the TV placement. #SaturdayNightZillow
Jukebox? Check. Slot machines. Check. Arch windows? Yep. Enormous chandelier? Yep? Weird art? Yes, yes, yes! #SaturdayNightZillow
Something unexpected in almost every room. *Open-concept party shower.* #SundayNightZillow
Oh, hello there. Not sure what's going on here. #SaturdayNightZillow
This is a pretty cool compound. #SaturdayNightZillow
NEXT on #SaturdayNightZillow!❤️
"'Angels Attic' where newlyweds escape to after saying 'I do' at the on-site chapel. This romantic bungalow exudes eternal love from the moment you arrive with its church-like architecture and it's very own wedding bell!"
zillow.com/homes/310-Lise…?
A place designed for newlyweds, listed as a unique investment property. Just $365K. Florida. "The birds never stop singing and dancing around angels attic, while swooping down into the creek that runs below the back screened in porch..." #SaturdayNightZillow
We live in a world where this bathtub exists. In a $4.6M California home. #SaturdayNightZillow
zillow.com/homedetails/45…
Unique round home designed by a Frank Lloyd Wright apprentice. I like it. $975K in Columbus. #SaturdayNightZillow zillow.com/homedetails/51…
I like this. Reminds me of my parents' SCAN furniture. Nice bookcases. I'd rather have wood floors. #SaturdayNightZillow
This house was owned by the founder of MAX FACTOR, Maksymilian Faktorowicz. $1.4M. Craftsman. Los Angeles. Could use some updates. #SaturdayNightZillow zillow.com/homedetails/43…?
Max Factor basically invented modern cosmetics. My wife found this fun article on how he was the "Wizard of Makeup..." #SaturdayNightZillow culture.pl/en/article/max…
AFFORDABLE HOUSING ALERT. 2,348 sf Bank converted to a house. Still has the Vault door!

JUST $112K!!!!

Maybe you could retire right now! In Iowa.
#CheapZillow #SaturdayNightZillow
zillow.com/homedetails/11…?
$949K buys you a 7BR, 5BA Victorian in Bethlehem, PA. It has some surprises. #SaturdayNightZillow zillow.com/homedetails/26…?
Stove of the week. JL Mott. I think it's ornamental at this point, but super-cool. #SaturdayNightZillow
Nice kitchen. #SaturdayNightZillow
I've seen house with one Tardis/Orgasmatron/Star Trek Transporter shower. This one has two! #SaturdayNightZillow
PREPARE YOUR RETINAS.

This $1.25M Brooklyn home must have been owned by, like, a person who sold wallpaper in the 70s. It's overwhelming. #SaturdayNightZillow
zillow.com/homedetails/78…?
Lots of details if you zoom in on every room. I'll never be able to unsee this. And these are the tame rooms! #SaturdayNightZillow
This is one house I really could not live in. But I could see how it could be a certain kind of person's dream home. #SaturdayNightZillow
This room is the OMG room: MATCHING wallpaper/ceiling/bar inserts/LAMPSHADE/MIRROR WALL. You better *really* like this pattern. #SaturdayNightZillow
Time for a luxury waterfront log cabin. <$4M. Georgia. Some exquisite woodwork in here. #SaturdayNightZillow zillow.com/homedetails/43…?
Fabulous TV placement. But Pro Tip: Do NOT put a taxidermied bear rowing a boat over your TV. Just don't do it, OK? #SaturdayNightZillow
Nice kitchen. Could use a touch more counter space though for $4M! #SaturdayNightZillow
You could get pretty clean in here. #SaturdayNightZillow
Check out the woodwork on the pool table, the chairs, the bedframes, the wooden tub. #SaturdayNightZillow
Cool, sort of modern loft-style farmhouse on 5 beautiful acres in Tennessee. $1.05M. Recent price cut. #SaturdayNightZillow zillow.com/homedetails/45…?
I'm a sucker for weird sinks, purple couches and blond wood. #SaturdayNightZillow
Affordable, Quirky, Historic Staten Island salt box home, was owned by a poet and written up in the local papers. $479K. #SaturdayNightZillow zillow.com/homedetails/29…?
Not sure this bedroom would be easy to sleep in. But the house is quirky and super affordable for NY. Built circa 1848. #SaturdayNightZillow
This is an outdoor toilet at a $285K house in California that is UNDER CONTRACT! NO WORDS. Twentynine Palms on #SaturdayNightZillow zillow.com/homedetails/46…?
Taxidermy Nightmare. $13.4M. Texas. #SaturdayNightZillow zillow.com/homedetails/23…?
What the hell is this? Never mind, I probably don't want to know. #SaturdayNightZillow
$800K buys you a big house with castle/sort of Popehome feel in Georgia. This bedroom! #SaturdayNightZillow
zillow.com/homes/4730-Mis…
Only a couple more houses tonight, but we're going to end with a bang I promise. As always most of the homes were found by my wife or my sister-in-law. #SaturdayNightZillow.
Money goes further in Morristown, Arizona. $995K gets you a 3,500 sf home with a fabulous kitchen, some nice features and gorgeous views. From above though kind of looks like a strip mall. #SaturdayNightZillow zillow.com/homedetails/26…?
Would much rather have wood floors than this polished concrete. The wood accents are nice. But surprised they kept the cross and the rower for staging the photo. #SaturdayNightZillow
Fitting home to end tonight: A "Balinese Architectural Treasure" 2 blocks from the beach in Santa Monica. $9.5M. It's *amazing.* #SaturdayNightZillow! zillow.com/homedetails/34…?
Just wonderful. "The moment you open the antique Monastery gate, you are transported to the ambrosial South Pacific with lush gardens and stone waterfalls. Solid teak throughout" ! #SaturdayNightZillow
Somebody actually wrote this sentence, and I guess this is how you earn your commission? "Warmth and modernism unite with Bentley leather-wrapped custom handles, terrazzo floors, and Basalt tile bathrooms."
This is a bathtub. It must literally weigh a ton. Note it also has a shower-head above, because why not when you are spending $9.5 million on a house? Safety bonus points for the railing on the stairs to get in. #SaturdayNightZillow
I could live here though. And I don't even know what Basalt tile or Bentley whatever is nor do I care.
Hope you enjoyed #SaturdayNightZillow!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Steven Dennis

Steven Dennis Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @StevenTDennis

Jul 14
Two years ago, Congress considered banning 18-20 year-olds from buying AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles after the Uvalde massacre, and some Republicans were briefly open to doing so but ultimately blocked including a ban in the bipartisan gun bill signed by Biden.
Then-Florida Governor Rick Scott signed a law raising the age to buy guns in his state to 21 after the Parkland massacre, but then opposed doing the same for the nation as a US Senator. He told reporters it was easier to do it at the state level.
McConnell actually enacted a law one day to raise the age to buy cigarettes to 21. But he didn't want to talk two years ago about a proposal to raise the age for buying rifles.
Read 5 tweets
Jun 7
Soaring cost estimates for extending Trump tax cuts set up a crucial 2025 fight:
*CBO puts tab at $4.6 Trillion over next decade
*Fight comes with US debt far higher than 2017, interest costs ballooning & Social Security cliff looming...
w/@chrisjcondon
bloomberg.com/news/articles/…
*Trump wants more tax cuts, along with massive new tariffs — aka a tax on imports — that would raise consumer prices but offset at least some of the cost.
*Biden wants to extend breaks <$400K a year paired with higher taxes on corporations and the wealthy.
If past is prologue, Congress will again play Santa Claus. With a few exceptions, Congress has repeatedly increased spending and cut taxes since 2001.
Read 7 tweets
May 4
Tonight's #FridayNightZillow is kicking off with a *House of the Year* contender. It's amazeballs! We just need to crowdfund $2.795M. We get 9,825 square feet of sheer madness on 36 acres in gorgeous Plymouth, Minnesota! I love it!!! INSANE sinks, WEIRD art, WILD ceilings, AMAZING kitchen, views, colors galore, a pond, a party shower and much, MUCH more. Several of you sent me this gem! 🧵
zillow.com/homedetails/51…Image
This is a Sink! #SinkZillow #FridayNightZillow Image
This is a Sink! #SinkZillow #FridayNightZillow #OMG Image
Read 18 tweets
Apr 6
Three words: OLD. JAIL. INN. Time to retire and move to Rockville, Indiana! Just $445K buys us 10BRs, 6BAs, and a licensed wine bar in the basement! Welcome to #FridayNightZillow! Follow along for an epic collection of funky homes. zillow.com/homedetails/12…

"What happens in jail stays in jail" lol. Jail-bar pillows are a nice touch. #FridayNightZillow

One of the scarier things I've seen on Zillow. Let's hope this is a prop and not an actual electric chair. #FridayNightZillow Image
Read 12 tweets
Mar 27
Ozempic can be produced for less than $5 a month, a new study found, but Danish company Novo Nordisk charges Americans $968.52. bloomberg.com/news/articles/…
Bernie Sanders insisting the company charge Americans no more than it charges Canadians for the same drug.
Ozempic pricing page. Many people get discounts on this price, or have insurance companies (ie premiums) or taxpayers pay the bill. novopricing.com/ozempic.html
Read 6 tweets
Mar 1
McConnell helped nix:
Roe
Campaign finance reform
Individual mandate
Medicare dental & vision
Dream Act
$35 insulin cap
Minimum wage hike
Flag burning amendment
Making Election Day a holiday
Public option
SCOTUS filibuster
Pro Act
1/6 Commission
Oil export ban
Cap&trade
Tax hikes
Vast majority of laws since 2007 have had either the acquiescence of McConnell or his outright support, with notable exceptions, like the Affordable Care Act, the Inflation Reduction Act, Obama stimulus, Biden Covid relief, Dodd-Frank, Lilly Ledbetter, USA Freedom Act, Paygo.
One way to look at McConnell is that he has often had the role of editor of Congress. Empowered by the filibuster and his conference, he had a key veto point in Washington; spending, taxing and legislating had to pass through his filter.
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(