Inam Profile picture
Apr 17, 2022 8 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Heartwarming tribute to Bilquis Edhi:

Rabia B. O.
Senior Privacy & Compliance Analyst at Nike

Twenty-eight years ago I was abandoned in a baby carriage at the #EdhiOrphanage located in Karachi, Pakistan. You found me, you named me after >>>
your mother Rabia Bano, you forged my identity, then you gave me a home. Because of you today…I am a somebody, I have an identity, and I have loving parents to call my own. You fought for woman’s rights, you were an activist, a philanthropist, a rebel for the >>>
good cause. You taught me the power of woman, to always have an unwavering sense of self and to be unapologetically ambitious.

Because of you, a little Pakistani girl orphaned at birth dared to dream. Because of you I am an independent woman with a graduate >>>
level education and a place in the world to call my own. You gave me opportunity. You awarded me a chance to dream, and you presented me with freedom.

To the world you were Bilquis Edhi, but to me you were Bari Amma. Thanks to you I have two loving parents who made sure >>>
I had everything a little girl could have ever asked for. I went to a great high school, got scholarships throughout college, did an internship in NYS Assembly, Bronx District Attorney’s Office, U.S Congress, U.S Senate and went to law school to purse a masters in >>>
Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Law. All. Because. Of. You.

For those of you who are reading about Bilquis Edhi for the first time… I want you to know who she was to me, and to all of Pakistan. #BilquisEdhi was a hero, she was a mother to so many orphans (like me) and a >>>
powerhouse for humanity.

Losing Bare Abbu (#AbdulSattarEdhi) was tough, but your loss has made me feeling orphaned again.
My name is Rabia Bibi Osman, and I will forever be a proud #Edhi baby.
May Allah Bless Bilquis Edhi’s soul and Grant her the highest place in Jannah - Ameen
For those who think this post might embarrass Rabia Bibi Osman, this post and the pictures have been posted on Facebook by the lady herself. Also, she doesn't see it as a stigma but a pride to be "Edhi baby" and rightfully so. She inspires others to take pride in their identity.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Inam

Inam Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @mani_hahs

Feb 12, 2020
Almost PKR 350,000/- in an envelope went missing from our home after a wedding on 8 Feb 20.
After house search my mother thought it must've got thrown away in garbage.
We searched dustbins of our flats but found nothing.
On 10 Feb 20, my brother went to the kid on the right >>
side of picture, as this kid comes to pick our daily garbage and told him the story. The kid took my brother to Sohrab Goth where they dump all the garbage and introduced his father to my brother. This person sitting in between gave all the possible hope and then he along with >>
my brother went out to dumping station where his son has dumped the garbage of 9 February 2020 ( it was three bag full of garbage). He took my brother's number and promised that they will search their heart out and if they found anything they will give it back to us, however >>
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(