Steve Jones Jr. Profile picture
Apr 24, 2022 12 tweets 4 min read Read on X
You know what, let's watch a little Warriors/Nuggets Game 4.
Winning time so a slight adjustment to double Jokic on the catch as opposed to once he makes a move.
I've never understood how Jokic doesn't get respect for the bucket getting.
Klay Thompson is back in this series and the problem for Denver has been the balance of Jokic doing multiple things vs. GS sudden offense. Great job at the level on the P&R. Ball moves, he relaxes, Klay comes off a screen for a great look.
Denver pushes and scram switches are great until you face someone like Jokic who is going to throw the pass as you try to get it done.
Guess we're doing Bones Hyland vibes on a Sunday.
a fun sequence of basketball.
I just appreciate the little things from Draymond. He’s on ball play is a drive with a flare for Jokic. Wiggins switches, Gordon flows to the corner, Draymond pushes Looney towards him to close out.
Warriors are sudden on offense but when they get stops and get in transition it’s even tougher. Barton gets back and gets to Draymond who goes right into a screen for Klay.
If Denver wants to compete they need the guard play. I don’t even think it has to be the same one each night just someone has to take/make shots, make defense pay, open up the playbook a little bit. Morris has done it before and let’s it fly off this flare.
I’m just never going to understand the Jokic discourse because he does stuff like this and the convo is just #numbers
Klay being Klay makes a huge difference. It did feel like Denver got to much more random play, random drives, random posts vs. Warriors small lineup which intrigued me.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Steve Jones Jr.

Steve Jones Jr. Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @stevejones20

May 10
You know what, let's watch some Thunder/Mavs Game 2.
PJ Washington screens for Kyrie. Thunder not clean with their switch, opens the roll. Chet helps. OKC works to sink. The key is now *Luka* is open on the weakside.
Well, if Luka is going to cook against the drop coverage..
Read 32 tweets
May 8
You know what, let's watch some Thunder/Mavs Game 1
Early thought. I like Dallas flipping the matchups. I'm not sure about keeping a big on Chet because you still open up the roll and pop. OKC has done a great job of setting screens lower on the floor to make Dallas make decisions.
Luka on Giddey, OKC has had Chet screen under the 3PT line. Gafford in a drop but it turns into a switch to protect against the pop. Screen for Shai is another switch and now he has the Luka matchup. Look at the space he sees right away. Goes left, straight line, finish.
Read 31 tweets
Apr 25
You know what, let's watch some Knicks/Sixers Game 3.
First play of the game, Sixers go right to Joel Embiid in the post. OG showing help, Embiid spins the other way and goes right to work.
Knicks using movement for Jalen Brunson, cuts off Hartenstein and then gets a pindown from Hart. That flows right into P&R with Hartenstein. Sixers stick with the drop, Embiid is *sitting* on that pullup.
Read 32 tweets
Apr 25
You know what, let's watch some Thunder/Pelicans Game 2.
Before clips, like that Ingram is driving and looking to make plays. Finding ways to get them in rotation. OKC's ability to stick with their style of play is key. Pelicans defense is the key in this one.
Jonas Valanciunas has had some fun in the post early in this one.
Read 6 tweets
Apr 23
You know what, let's watch some Knicks/Sixers Game 2.
(yes, we are behind but let's go)
Knicks are going to have to figure out how they want to defend Tyrese Maxey and Joel Embiid in P&R. With McBride navigating not a switch option, Hartenstein has to hold. Sixers clear the right wing. Embiid gets the pocket pass for two.
Read 22 tweets
Apr 22
You know what, let's watch some Thunder/Pelicans Game 1.
Intrigued to see what the Pelicans are going to throw at Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Has the attack on the wing, Trey Murphy showing help. Checks to see and then doubles but by the time he does there is a cut. JV takes it, Chet wide open for 3.
Thunder love to go guard/guard screens. Notice the left wing is clear to give Jalen Williams room, Shai slips the screen. Ingram in front, thinking switch. Slip and Williams hesitates and attacks.
Read 37 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(