Nandini Jammi Profile picture
May 3, 2022 12 tweets 11 min read Read on X
[Interrupts beautiful tropical vacation to share the following:]

A handful of men in adtech are planning to get rich off selling the data of any woman attempting to secure an abortion directly to law enforcement.

Here are faces of the men behind @SafeGraph.

1. @auren Image
2. @bokelley

Brian O’Kelley previously founded @AppNexus and prides himself on being the first ad exchange to drop Breitbart.

Now, he’s a major investor in a co that will help law enforcement “catch” women seeking medical care & abortions. Image
3. @JoeZawadzki

Joe founded @mediamath, famously known as “Math Media.” He probably got rich off of that, and will now get rich off of selling out women who have no idea they’re being tracked and personally identified when they visit @PPFA. Image
4. @rickerwin

The man behind this peachy grin is CEO of @adstradata. It’s unclear how much he invested in @SafeGraph but he too, stands to make a lot of cash off the enforcement of the nationwide abortion ban. Image
This is not @auren’s first rodeo when it comes to fucking up the lives of American citizens. His previous company @LiveRamp played a key role in Cambridge Analytica’s work in 2020.

Alexander Nix said so himself in his talk at a marketing conference in 2017. 👇🏼 Image
5. @mrkeiser

Matt Keizer is the CEO of @LiveIntent. Matt wins in two ways: first as a @SafeGraph investor and second bc @LiveIntent monetizes every last piece of hateful and misogynist @dailywire puts out.

A super asshole, if you will. Image
6. @mikedfresh

Mike Derezin used to run things at @LinkedIn and now does something something crypto. Of course he’s invested in a company that plans to destroy the lives of women seeking safe medical treatment. Image
7. @tod

Tod Sacerdoti is former CEO of @brightroll and a self-declared “#girldad.” As a @SafeGraph investor, he will ensure his daughter and her peers could be pursued by law enforcement and sent to prison for attempting to access safe abortions. Image
8. @donn_rappaport

Donn Rappaport is former CEO at @adstradata & current board member of @KidSafe.

As an investor in @SafeGraph, he will make an enormous amount of money from ensuring women cannot access safe abortions. Image
9. @aretraasdahl

Are Traasdahl is former CEO of an adtech co called @Tapad and now runs a food supply chain tech co called @Go_Crisp.

He is a @SafeGraph investor, a Norwegian — and stands to profit handsomely from American women losing our right to choose. Image
I am now going to a yoga class. You can find a full list of @SafeGraph investors here. 👇🏼

safegraph.com/blog/safegraph… Image
*on 2016 elections, not 2020. (Sorry typo.)

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Nandini Jammi

Nandini Jammi Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @nandoodles

Aug 17, 2023
OH MY GOD. YouTube has been:

a.) tracking kids (illegal)
b.) serving them ads for credit cards, explosions, sniper rifles and even *car accidents.*

This is actually so illegal and so messed up I think it could actually bring Congress together lmfao

nytimes.com/2023/08/17/tec…
Here's the scoop: Google has been pushing a new shiny AI product called Performance Max on its clients.

PMax runs ads & auto-optimizes for you. But it doesn't let you control your ads at all — not even to *exclude* your ads from key categories, like YouTube for Kids.
On the other hand, PMax doesn't filter out ads for YouTube for Kids either.

So in between videos titled "Can you name these vegetables?" kids have been watching ads featuring car accidents, violent explosions and people drowning.

Read 7 tweets
Jul 20, 2023
In Jan. 2023, The Donald started running ads through an ad network called "Publir."

Turns out Publir's co-founder is (was?) the co-owner and CTO of RealClearPolitics. He was running both companies at the same time —  and maybe still is.

Big story here:
checkmyads.org/branded/is-rea…
I first came across Publir when @AlKapDC flagged that "The Donald" (banned from Reddit for helping J6 insurrection) was running ads.

Who the hell would do that? I was not expecting the answer to be a C-suite executive at RealClearPolitics.
That executive is Anand Ramanujan.

At first, I thought Publir might be his own independent business or side hustle. His LinkedIn says he launched the company in 2021 after leaving RealClear in 2020.

But as I dug in, I realized that this is not the case at all. Image
Read 9 tweets
Jun 27, 2023
HOLY SHIT. @WSJ is reporting that ~80% of the ads @YouTube serves across the web have violated their own terms of service — and are therefore subject to refunds.

This is...a devastatingly huge deal. @GoogleAds is about to be out billions of $$.

wsj.com/articles/googl…
Google has never been weaker than it is RIGHT now. Their search ads business - their main source of $$ - has been tanking since ChatGPT. They're facing 2 antitrust lawsuits.

Now, turns out they've been caught in a multi-billion dollar scam?? Oh my god.
Let me explain the scam itself:

Advertisers pay YouTube good money to run their ads on before or after a YouTube video, on the YouTube platform.

But sometimes, YouTube runs these ads videos embedded on 3rd party websites, like you see here:
Read 10 tweets
May 9, 2023
Oh my god. Elon has successfully conned Tucker Carlson.
The reality of Twitter is:

-negative user growth
-glitchy UX
-no advertisers
-no streaming distribution outside Twitter.com

How did Elon manage to spin all this into a growth opportunity for Tucker?
Thanks to Fox Corp’s distribution power, Tucker used to be streamed into doctor’s offices, military bases, gyms, etc.

This latent audience isn’t going to be making Twitter accounts just to watch him.

Without his ubiquity, Tucker is… nothing.
Read 4 tweets
Jan 31, 2023
TheDonald is WAY too toxic to be running ads. So how is happening?

An adtech middleman called Publir (@publirllc) —  which has connected them to every major ad exchange by hiding TheDonald under various fake names & accounts.

Let's talk about Publir and ad fraud.
On Dec 9, 2022, @Publir added TheDonald (patriots(.)win) to its inventory.

Instead of listing a corp/LLC (as is protocol) under "Owner", they wrote "Greg." (?) Two weeks later, they changed it to Scored.co.

Who? What? That's just the beginning. Screenshot: https://well-known.dev/resources/ads_txt/ad-syst
"Greg" aka Scored.co runs more than just TheDonald. They run a network of toxic forums incl.:

•GreatAwakening(.)win (QAnon)
•Conspiracies(.)win (General)
•KotakuInAction2(.)win (Gamergate)

It looks like Publir onboarded the whole ring last month, all at once.
Read 12 tweets
Jan 3, 2023
Hey @Lowes! Did you know your ads are sponsoring Seb Gorka, a literal Nazi?

Please check your audio ads!
How did the Nazi score a Lowe’s sponsorship? His platform @tunein has audio ad relationships with:

@adswizz
@global (formerly Dax)
@Targetspot
@TritonDigital
@xandr
@adtonoscom

It could have come from any one of them.
Not surprisingly, Seb Gorka does not earn ad revenues under his own name!

He monetizes through an ad account owned by Salem Media Network — which coincidentally also monetizes Charlie Kirk, another J6 insurrectionist.

See, look at this @Targetspot account.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(