The uprising in Iran dubbed "The Uprising of Hungry" is still ongoing and has spread to many more cities and provinces.

With "air pollution" as the excuse, they closed Tehran down.
The internet of Golestan & Bushehr provinces has been shut down.

#قیام_نان
The city of Shahrekord, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari Province:

People are resisting the police order of dispersal.
Content Warning: Police Brutality

People are being brutalized by the police.

#ACAB
Content Warning: Police Brutality, Gun firing

Police have fired upon protestors all across Iran.

This is a video from the City of Andishmak

#ACAB
Many protestors have died so far. We have accounted for 5 deaths:

Omid Sultani - Andishmak
Behruz Islami - Farsan
Saadat Hadipoor - Farsan
Hamid Qasempoor - Farsan
Pish Ali Qalebi - Dezful
Many people have been abducted from their homes for participating in the protests.
Some of them are Arabs from the beginning of the uprising.

From right: Walid Moghinami, Hamoud Hasnawi, and Morteza Mormadi.
They live in Hajiyeh village of Khafajieh city (Susangerd)
Protestors burned & destroyed many government & capitalist buildings.

Setting fire to a bank and a gas station in Lordegan, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari Province.
Setting fire at the counseling center near Shahinshahr police station
The General Directorate of Nomadic Affairs of Isfahan Province caught fire

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with فدراسيون عصر آنارشيسم Federation of Anarchism Era

فدراسيون عصر آنارشيسم Federation of Anarchism Era Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @asranarshism

Oct 10, 2023
The issue of Palestine is the issue of statism's bankruptcy!

In recent days, we have witnessed a renewed conflict in the Palestinian region and an attack by the Islamist group Hamas on the lands under the control of the Israeli government,
which was unprecedented in the past years or even decades. This incident shows more than anything that the Palestinian issue, which everyone liked to consider a "dead" issue, is still alive and with no apparent end in sight, at least as long as the governments exist!
The ancient land of Palestine belongs, first of all, to the people of this land. The people who once had a peaceful and happy life are now being slaughtered for decades in the meat grinder of nationalist and Islamist ideologies
Read 7 tweets
Oct 4, 2023
Biography of Anarchist Fighters of Iran's Geography (No. 5)

I was born in the late 1980s. My father was a left-wing political prisoner in the 80s, and I was conceived during the prison visits.
After my father's release when I was two years old, even though he was educated, he had to go to other jobs because of his political background.
My mother couldn't bear it anymore and without saying anything she left me in the park, next to our house, with a small letter in my pocket. My father killed himself three months later.
Read 11 tweets
May 28, 2023
1)
Our thread on Religion & Anarchism is just a summary of our understanding and stance on the subject. Naturally, it is lacking. There is a more comprehensive article in the works. Meanwhile, our thread generated a lot of discussions we want to address before then.
2)
Starting with our motivation, simply put, the current critiques of religion, whether from the right or the left, are not only woefully inadequate and useless but harmful in our struggle against theocratic states in Afghanistan & Iran, and the opposite of our daily experiences.
3)
We understand many people are privileged enough to not experience the effects of religious authority or have means to mitigate it. We don't have this privilege. State kills. Capitalism kills. Patriarchy kills. Racism kills. Ablism kills. And the reality is that Religion kills.
Read 29 tweets
May 26, 2023
@SalSokolisk1 1)Let's start by saying that we are attempting to examine the relationship of religion with power. Religious anarchists, liberation theology, spiritualists, & others just like yourself set up frameworks to wrestle divinity out of the hands of the few to everyone & everything.
@SalSokolisk1 2) This egalitarian tendency is real and noble. Yet, this tendency is still operating under the logic of religion. The problem is not that divinity is not attributed to everyone and everything but its existence.
@SalSokolisk1 3) Divinity is an inherently exclusionary concept. Not everything can be divine equally, as that is the same as nothing being divine equally. Some things have to be more divine than others; Maybe humans more than animals, animals more than plants, plants more than insects, etc.
Read 8 tweets
May 25, 2023
1)
In light of the recent discussion about Religion & Anarchism, we would like to share the following from our Telegram group.

The Federation of Anarchism Era consists of all anarchist tendencies except Capitalist, Religious, Nationalist, and Pacifist tendencies.
2)
Each of us might express it differently, but we would summarize the reasoning for not accepting Religious Anarchism as follows:

* Religion is an inherently hierarchical social structure in which the existence of "Divinity" is presupposed
3)
in which different living beings and people have different understandings & access to divinity, which determines their worth, position, & power within the social system.
Read 17 tweets
Aug 17, 2021
Kabul, Right now:

There is smoke coming out of the Kabul Airport's airfield, and the Taliban has blocked the entrance to the Kabul airport.
Fire smoke is rising from the Airport's airfield.
Taliban militias are shooting at the crowd trying to enter the Kabul airport.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(