Kim Ghum Ri Profile picture
May 22, 2022 14 tweets 6 min read Read on X
“History has shown then when the causes that People are behind are greater importance to them then the system – The system is in jeopardy”
Ray Dalio in “Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order: Why Nations Succeed and Fail”
A 🧵 on Pakistan’s Crumbling System
It’s hard to define IK’s leadership style, but if I have one word to categorize him “Populist” would be the best among all. Represents people across demographic and on national level, opposes closed circle elites, Fight for the common person and have immense popularity.
Populist leaders are usually nightmare for power corridors. Since they draw power from their constituency and not Elites, they are hard to control. That’s why most populist leaders have either been assassinated, Judicial Murder or lose popularity if they compromise on principles
I have seen my fair share of politics both national and international and I can tell you that this movement that Khan is leading right now is biggest I have seen in Pak. This is far bigger than Lawyer movement in Musharraf era and have far bigger silent support. Why I say that?
A successful movement have following key features and this one check all
1-Easy to understand – "Absolutely Not" is far easier to explain then constitution
2-Geographical spread – geographical spread dilutes state machinery if you move police from LHE to ISL, who will be in LHE?
3-Demographic Spread – If you have women, kids, Youngster behind a cause then it becomes a generational cause
4- Recognizable Authenticity – Thanks to 1 month Gov of PDM, They have refreshed public memory about their hallow claims and IK’s authenticity.
Now let’s talk about strength of system. As PDM and handlers were always on timer, they had no option but to do day light robbery. This naked misjustice have further exposed weakness of system and its still fresh in public memory as all events happened in past 3 months.
1- Judiciary – Delay in 63A, Courts open at midnight, interference in parliaments internal proceedings etc.
2 - ECP – Delay in election date, Partisan ECP, Rejection of NA resignation, EVM, overseas voting etc.
3- FIA & NAB – Heart Attacks, drop cases against sharifs, transfers
4- Police – Shireen Mazari arrest, appointments of Akbar Nasir as IGP ISL, FIRs on journalists, Punjab Assembly fiasco
5-Parliament – Raja Riaz as Opposition leader, fuckin legendary cabinet, ECL removal, Punjab assembly’s fiasco with support of LHC and police.
6- Military – Neutrals, PKR USD exchange rate, Stock exchange, BAP & MQM’s policy shift
When I was 10 I heard that “Pak fauj Zindabad”, Now kids are hearing “Neutrals” and “chowkidar slogans”
This will stick for life – I am warning once again.
Basically, system is weakest it has ever been and facing IK’s movement that is strongest it has even been
What could possibly go wrong?
Few years back the worst that could have happened after system collapse is “Mere Azeez Hamwatno”
Not viable with this low credibility of Estab.
So, what will happen now? System can’t handle this Long March by IK. If it won’t bend it will break for sure. Fall back plan on which Pakistan relies “Martial law” is not an option.
We are moving toward anarchy and public justice.
If true, PDM will leave country on first flight
As far as I know PML N they will go for anarchy and entice “martial Law”. Anything but IK suits them.
If done this will be worst mistake of Mr. Bajwa out of long list he has already made.
Social justice if started, NO ONE WILL BE SAFE, ESPECIALLY BIG NAMES
May Allah Protect all and save Pakistan from Anarchy. I hope once it’s all done there will be an inquiry both within all institutions and on Pubic level.
You can’t just put Pakistan in reverse gear and get away that easily.
Pakistan Zindabad, IK Paindabad
#حقیقی_آزادی_مارچ

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Kim Ghum Ri

Kim Ghum Ri Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ghum_ri

Jun 17, 2023
You can't install freedom simply by choice.
You can't take people ripe for dictatorship, kill off the present dictator and tell them to "go, be free". They will clamor for a new dictator.
Even if they sincerely want freedom, they can't have it without necessary intellectual base Image
Existentialist philosophy, delves into the nature of freedom and the existential challenges it poses. They say freedom means making own choices & Purpose and individuals must face the anxiety and responsibility that come with it that not every1 can handle.
Embracing this existential freedom requires courage, authenticity, and a willingness to confront the inherent uncertainties of life.
So yes, For the people who don't have intellectual base to embrace freedom and incumbent responsibility won't understand this new generation.
Read 4 tweets
Jun 15, 2023
My contention is that “collaboration between local body, provincial and federal can be a great outcome for karachi” Image
Of course, that’s your contention. You just got finished reading some Irish Political history, probably “Party Politics in a New Democracy” by Michael Laffan. You are gonna be convinced of that until next month you read "Competitive Authoritarianism” by Steven Levitsky Image
Then, you are gonna be talking about singular political party and its shortcomings including democratic principles, limited diversity of perspectives, reduced checks and balances, and the potential for authoritarian tendencies.
Read 8 tweets
May 19, 2023
Based on my long career as Server @ Wendys I have learned that it is very difficult to identify winners in corporate world but its really easy to identify losers. They all have 1 common attribute and that is they manipulate KPIs aka performance management numbers. 🧵👇 Image
Story is almost always same; Company business is going down but management can’t show this to shareholders as don’t want to get fired. In absence of good governance to catch this, Mgmt is incentivized to manipulate number to show rosy picture of company’s performance. Image
So how do they do it? It’s always the same no matter gov, SME or Large corporation.
1. Use outdated KPIs (same as used 10 year back). While world have changed and became far efficient that still use benchmark of old ages. This helps them mask their lack of innovation.
Read 12 tweets
May 18, 2023
This is actually such an important statement by @PresOfPakistan i am really impressed by his empathy. I ll not pile on what Sikander already said but there is this KDrama "Heavenly Idol" that reminds me of this entire interaction 🧵👇
A poor kid stumbles into church and knockdown something.
Cleric Screams:"You lowly Thing How dare you step into shrine"
Pontifex:"Enough"
Cleric : "It must be descendant of "The Evil One's" Servants
Ponntifx: "They are all people of lord, We lost them coz we failed to protect em
Reason that Kid was protecting IK was not coz he was antagonized by IK. Reason he was there was that we as a community have failed to protect his Childhood and IK was the one who told him that you are not Lowly creature but Human and this Pakistan is as yours as some1 else
Read 4 tweets
May 18, 2023
I 100% agree with it. External economic pressures that were easing since November 2022 have started to change it course and i expect next leg higher or complacency( minimum) to start now for next 3 months minimum. Time for financial predictions that never correct !🧵👇
Dollar was on decline since October 2022... Now its going to change its direction and going to go up. Why ? Next ! Image
Yield Curve is pricing cuts as soon as next month, Problem is that unemployment is still historical low, with Bank term Funding program Treasury have managed to contain Risk for now. This means FED will keep rate higher for longer .... Dollar Bullish Image
Read 8 tweets
May 17, 2023
Infighting between PTI & Military will bring nothing but disaster to Pakistan. This playbook is reminiscent of 1971.
Continuation of This policy will bring disaster to Pakistan but will only serve PDM that have no stake in Pakistan
Imran Khan ( Probably last speech pre-arrest)
Imran Khan also highlights past incidents where he managed to avoid direct conflict between Protestors and Law enforcing Agencies including Rangers / Police. Restate that PTI have no history of iota of militia in past 27 years
IK states that PTI demands Judicial Inquiry on 9th May incident also states that he have evidence that it was an inside job/ false flag operation planned by PDM in London and executed by IG Panjab. Ask why there was no police stopping protestors.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(