Malinda Ann Hill Profile picture
May 23, 2022 39 tweets 12 min read Read on X
I haven’t felt this level of overwhelming & all-encompassing sickness since I caught mononucleosis 29 years ago 🤯🤢🤮😭

P.S. Grateful to be vaccinated & boosted Image
I avoided covid for two years. Until now. Here’s what I’ve learned. — @DamonYoungVSB washingtonpost.com/magazine/2022/…
Over 75 Percent of Long Covid Patients Were Not Hospitalized for Initial Illness, Study Finds - The New York Times
nytimes.com/2022/05/18/hea…
How Long Covid Exhausts the Body - The New York Times nytimes.com/interactive/20…
Investigation of Long COVID Prevalence and Its Relationship to Epstein-Barr Virus Reactivation ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/P…
Could the 'Mono' Virus Be Driving Long-Haul COVID? wb.md/3w8xtew
For These 17 COVID Long Haulers, Reactivated Viruses May Be to Blame 
verywellhealth.com/long-covid-lat…
The Puzzling Virus That Infects Almost Everyone - The Atlantic
theatlantic.com/science/archiv…
Is the Epstein-Barr Virus Associated With COVID-19?
"(I’m anxious because) I'm not sure if the virus is sitting within me. Is it sitting in my system? Is it going to come back five years from now? That part could be terrifying if you sit and think about it too long." azcentral.com/in-depth/news/…
Thread by @SBLitAgent on Thread Reader App threadreaderapp.com/thread/1528368…
A new federal study is trying to solve some of the mysterious about long-COVID : NPR npr.org/2022/05/23/110…
Coronavirus vaccines may not prevent many symptoms of long covid, study suggests - The Washington Post
washingtonpost.com/health/2022/05…
Long COVID can hit vaccinated people, and older adults are at increased risk, a new study found huffpost.com/entry/long-cov…
Association of Psychiatric Disorders With Incidence of SARS-CoV-2 Breakthrough Infection Among Vaccinated Adults | Infectious Diseases | JAMA Network Open jamanetwork.com/journals/jaman…
‘Landmines all the way down’: the guilt and frustration of breakthrough Covid theguardian.com/us-news/2021/d…
Thousands who ‘followed the rules’ are about to get covid. They shouldn’t be ashamed. washingtonpost.com/wellness/2021/…
‘COVID Shame’ Is Becoming More Common During Omicron Spike healthline.com/health-news/co…
It's time to get over 'COVID shame' ti.me/3JOTwhA
What We Know About Long Covid So Far nytimes.com/2022/05/21/wel…
Thank you for your support. 🙏 Still struggling with symptoms & hoping to feel better soon. 🤞 Stay safe — get boosted, wear a mask, test & isolate! ❤️‍🩹
twinsruninourfamily.com/2022/05/break-…
Can I Stop Isolating If I’m Still Testing Positive for the Virus?

Some people may test positive for the coronavirus for 10 days or longer, but interpreting those results remains difficult, experts said.

nytimes.com/2022/05/29/hea…
The @TakeoutPodcast with @MajorCBS: For the first time during the pandemic, I tested positive for COVID-19. So, Dr. Fauci and I had a chat cbsnews.com/news/anthony-f…
Thanks to @gemmacorrell for getting me Image
Covid at Home: Why Only Some People Test Positive - The New York Times
nytimes.com/2022/06/02/wel…
Reporting Home Covid Test Results Can Be Confusing. Here’s How to Do It. nytimes.com/2022/06/04/wel…
Dr. Petri has COVID-19 and reflects on his experience dailyprogress.com/news/local/dr-…
Still Testing Positive for COVID-19 After 10 Days? What to Know today.com/health/health/…
Long covid could change the way we think about disability - The Washington Post washingtonpost.com/health/2022/06…
COVID reinfection: Can you catch SARS-CoV-2 twice? npr.org/sections/goats…
Using AI to Advance Understanding of Long COVID Syndrome – NIH Director's Blog directorsblog.nih.gov/2022/06/07/usi…
Doctors with UVA Health are seeing more people get COVID-19 less than 90 after their first diagnosis. nbc29.com/2022/06/06/exp…
Opinion | The Stories We Tell About Covid, Sickness and Health - The New York Times nytimes.com/2022/06/08/opi…
From The New York Times:

New Research Hints at 4 Factors That May Increase Chances of Long Covid

If further study confirms the findings, they could lead to ways to prevent and treat the complex condition.

nytimes.com/2022/01/25/hea…
How Long Does Covid Immunity Last? Will a Second Illness Be Worse? How Can I Prepare? Some reinfection questions, answered. nytimes.com/2022/06/11/wel…
COVID and the Heart: It Spares No One | Johns Hopkins | Bloomberg School of Public Health 
publichealth.jhu.edu/2022/covid-and…
When Are You Contagious With COVID and How Long Should You Quarantine? 
nbcchicago.com/news/coronavir…
Long COVID Could Be a ‘Mass Deterioration Event’ - The Atlantic
theatlantic.com/health/archive…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Malinda Ann Hill

Malinda Ann Hill Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @MalindaAnnHill

Dec 1, 2022
A Century Ends by David Gray on XPN.org 📻 #XPN90sAtoZ
A Girl Like You by Edwyn Collins on XPN.org 📻 #XPN90sAtoZ #MustveBeenDarkTimesThose90s Image
About A Girl by Nirvana on #XPN90sAtoZ 📻 #ThrowbackThursday Image
Read 100 tweets
Nov 18, 2022
I’ll miss insomniac Twitter most of all
I realize I’m tweeting to myself but I did appreciate the occasional like, reply or RT — especially when I couldn’t sleep #RIPTwitter
Read 4 tweets
Sep 2, 2022
“Honey, when you're on shuffle, any song can play at any moment and it is through that randomness that we can totally receive meaning.” #HacksOnHBOMax

XPN 📻 is my shuffle

Don't Give Up (ft. Kate Bush)
Peter Gabriel
So
Candy (ft. Kate Pierson)
Iggy Pop
Brick By Brick 🧱
#FridayMorningMixtape
Sister Christian by Night Ranger on XPN 📻 Image
Read 326 tweets
Aug 5, 2022
“Honey, when you're on shuffle, any song can play at any moment and it is through that randomness that we can totally receive meaning.”#HacksOnHBOMax 

Radio is my shuffle — A Thread 🧵
Eleanor Rigby (Mono) by The Beatles on XPN 📻 Image
She Said, She Said (Mono) by The Beatles on XPN 📻 Image
Read 148 tweets
Aug 4, 2022
Constant Craving by k. d. lang on #tbtXPN 📻 🥨 Image
Found Out About You by Gin Blossoms on #tbtXPN 📻
Read 27 tweets
Aug 3, 2022
I need a good cry 😭
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(