Mwangi Kirubi Profile picture
Jul 20, 2022 8 tweets 3 min read Read on X
What does it take to have a video or photography shoot on the streets of Nairobi?

Let me breakdown the process I had to go through last week.

#Nairobi #Nairobae
I did a video showing the step-by-step process which you can watch here:

Alternatively, you can read along.
1. You'll need to use a registered filming agent to obtain a Filming License from KFCB. I used Zindua. You can reach them on info@zindua.com. For a day's photography, KFCB fees were Kshs6,000/- plus agent fees.
2. Write a letter to the OCS of the Police Station with jurisdiction over your filming / photography location. I addressed mine to the Central Police OCS stating what I planned to do, when, along which streets and promised not to interfere with human / vehicular traffic.
3. Once the OCS signs and stamps your letter, go with a copy to the Department of Urban Planning at City Hall Annexe, 4th floor, Muindi Mbingu Street.
4. They will give you a written invoice which you'll take to the City Hall Cash Office next door. The helpful staff there will issue you with a computer-generated invoice.
5. Pay the required fees at a Cooperative Bank or through a Cooperative Bank Agent.

For a day of photography, I paid Kshs3,640/-
6. Return to the City Hall Cash Office for payment verification.

Once verification is done, you're good to go!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Mwangi Kirubi

Mwangi Kirubi Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @mwarv

Mar 5, 2023
Bedside Baptist attendees, gather around.

If you're looking for a message about love and relationships, please consider this 4-part series called Love Island. Whether single, dating, married or formerly married, you will find it worth your time.
Episode 1 is about all the hopes, dreams and desires we dive with head first into relationships. They being met or not, is covered in another episode.

All 📸 @rubanimbugua

We had to wait a whole week to get the second episode - but you won't.

This one covers the dicey topic of submission in marriage in a way that was quite an eye opener for many. It's a mutual submission dance where the husband dies and the wife submits.

Read 6 tweets
Mar 4, 2023
Wueh... I've never taken in so much truth about love and relationships like I did last month.

Let me break it down...
First, props to the creative team who put together this trailer for the series. 😂😂😂
Episode 1 was about how when getting into a relationship, we carry with us a box with hopes, dreams and desires to be met by the other person.

As @tryKuria put it, these can easily turn into frustrations which can lead to break ups.

Read 7 tweets
Sep 13, 2022
Over 50 million Kenyans are waking up to a new President after Dr William Ruto took the oath of office yesterday, becoming the East African Nation’s Fifth President.

Here are my favourite captures from the Inauguration Ceremony.

#InaugurationKenya
By the time I got to Kasarani at 5.30am, thousands were already in the Stadium and thousands more were making their way in on foot, boda boda and cars to make sure they arrived before the stadium was at capacity.
I missed the better part of the sunrise but I could already tell this was going to be a new dawn for Kenya.
Read 31 tweets
Sep 11, 2022
As 10 years of an Uhuru Kenyatta Presidency come to a close, here - in chronological order - are some of the moments that he’s found himself in my camera’s viewfinder.
The first time was on 27th August 2010 during the Constitution Promulgation Ceremony at Uhuru Park when he was one of four Deputy Prime Ministers. I didn’t get a very good shot of him though.
What I got good shots of were the celebrations around the new constitution being promulgated. Man, this was quite a celebration!

More stories and images from the day here: mwarv.click.co.ke/2014/09/25/tbt…
Read 21 tweets
May 21, 2022
Last Wednesday, I took a mid-week inspiration-seeking trip to Shompole with two friends.

Our first stop was Lake Magadi.

The beauty here is just... You just have to experience it yourself. ImageImageImageImage
Not even a panorama can do this place justice.

But just watch and imagine.
It had been a while since I was at the hot springs and it was nice to see them bubbling hot, the slow water flow providing the perfect reflections. ImageImageImageImage
Read 6 tweets
Nov 27, 2021
Kenya’s most scenic spaces are to be found north of the Equator. To experience them, we loaded up the Forester, charged our batteries and left for Marsabit on a 4-day photographic trip that ended up being a 7-day adventure.

#TembeaKenya #AfricanTravel #OnetouchLive #TheBigNorth
For many years, The Big North was a forgotten territory. Lack of infrastructure meant only resilient pastoralists and opportunistic bandits called this home. But around 15 years ago, Kibaki’s government decided to prioritise tarmacking of the A2 from Isiolo to Moyale.
The resulting stretch of smooth asphalt has since opened up counties north of Isiolo to adventurers seeking to soak in the beauty of the semi arid lands. Here, landscapes hug the skies where jagged mountains quench themselves by sipping waters from the occasional rain clouds.
Read 73 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(