Kara Dansky Profile picture
Aug 1, 2022 10 tweets 4 min read Read on X
🧵

A New York woman wrote to her state senator to express concern about the state housing men in women's prisons on the basis of their "female gender identity." 1/10
I'm posting screenshots of his (rather pathetic) response here, with her permission. #KeepPrisonsSingleSex
@WDI_USA @DeclarationOn @NoXY_USA @NoXYinXXprisons @womaniiwomaninc 2/10
3/10
4/10
5/10
6/10
7/10
8/10
9/10
Incarcerated women are not your shields, @kevinparkernyc 10/10

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Kara Dansky

Kara Dansky Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @KDansky

Feb 21
Big win for speech in US schools. 🧵 1/20
A case has settled, resulting in a major win for students and parents who don’t wish to “affirm” people’s “gender identities.” 2/20defendinged.org/press-releases…
The case is Parents Defending Education v. Linn Mar. @DefendingEd 3/20
Read 20 tweets
Feb 11
🧵 on whether the use of opposite-sex pronouns is ever strategic. As always, all thoughts my own. Sorry for the length. I don't have the blue thing. 1/28
This thread is limited to the narrow question of whether the use of opposite-sex pronouns is ever strategic. 2/28
It’s not about whether the use of opposite-sex pronouns is never okay or only occasionally okay. At this point in the gender wars, I couldn’t use an opposite-sex pronoun if I tried. 3/28
Read 29 tweets
Jan 13
Not an exaggeration. There is literally a case currently pending in the US where a man refused to be screened for possible prostate cancer. He insisted that he didn't have a prostate because of his woman identity, therefore no possibility of prostate cancer. 1/5
His doctor receives federal funding under the Affordable Care Act, which the Department of Health and Human Services interprets as prohibiting discrimination on the basis of "gender identity." 2/5
The doctor was (understandably) worried that if he insisted on sex-specific care for his (male) patient, he would lose his federal funding. So he (along with a class of similarly-situated doctors) sued the government. 3/5
Read 5 tweets
Dec 31, 2023
Happy New Year to everyone fighting the global abolition of sex. Here's a fun thread about an email message that just landed in my in-box, with some background for context. 1/16
I don't want to say too much about the sender of the email, to protect her anonymity. I'll just say that for various reasons related to her employment, she had reason to come across @MForstater 's case against CGD. 2/16
This woman had never heard of Maya (or "gender identity") until she came across the case and wondered why CGD was being sued. She read the court opinions in astonishment, did her research, and found me. 3/16
Read 16 tweets
Dec 20, 2023
This screenshot is India Willoughby outrageously blaming JK Rowling, among others, for the tragic murder of Brianna Ghey, a teenager who struggled to accept himself as male. It reminded me ... 1/5 Image
Several years ago, an old friend of mine posted something on FB about a horrific murder of a man (by a man) named Sara Blackwood in Indianapolis, Indiana. My friend said the murder was the fault of "JK Rowling and other feminists." 2/5
This friend and I had been going back and forth about sex and "gender identity" for a while, and I understood her stance on the matter ("TWAW," basically). But this was too much. 3/5
Read 5 tweets
Oct 25, 2023
Quick 🧵 about a fun ride in the elevator (lift, since I'm on TERF Island) in London just now. 1/
Me, on trying to enter: Hey is there room in there for one more, or no? I'm happy to wait.

Her: Sure, squeeze in! (I can tell she's American.) 2/
Her (having heard my voice): Are you in from New York?

Me: No, in from DC just today. You? 3/
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(