A thread about the word cis: short for cisgender. 1/

I ran a poll and over 5700 people said they find to be offensive. That should be enough for anyone not to use the term. If you want to know why, read the responses.
2/ The reason I find it offensive is that it suggests I identify with gender stereotypes. People are not walking talking GI Joe dolls or Barbies. I fought gender stereotypes my whole life. I won’t wear one as a label.

There are many other reasons.
3/. Once someone has told you that they find a term offensive, to continue to use the term is to turn it into a slur: a bigoted and intolerant position refusing to accept that others differ from your ideology. #CisIsASlur
4/ The genderists however have a vested interest in calling you Cisgender. It is important to their ideology. It is important to their hierarchy of oppression. Calling you cis is to call you an oppressor.
5/ I repeat. When they call you cis they are calling you an oppressor. Ironically, this puts them in a position of power over you. Now they can take your stuff because you are a bad person.
6/ They object vociferously to letting you out of this oppressor role they have built for you with this slur.
7/ The same replies are repeated over and over. I only screenshot a couple.
8/ For daring to object to their gender ideology they start to apply the typical pressure. They call you transphobic. Which makes no sense since all you did was ask them not to call YOU something.

Read the word as heretic and it makes more sense.
9/. You are a heretic if you object to the ideology. You must be punished. You must be brought back in line. You are a bad person if you won’t accept what you are. They have told what you are. You better accept it.
10/. The pressure mounts. If you hold your ground they bring out the big insults. Call you a Terf: Trans exclusionary radical feminist.

This manipulation often works because no one wants to be seen as exclusionary.
11. The insults get stronger and stronger the more you resist.

Do you see how emphatically they require you to be a part of this ideology? Simply resisting the word cisgender brings the rage.
12. Notice too if the insults don’t work they will imply you are reducing women to biology.

But defining what a woman is (a finite noun, specifically an adult human female) is not the same as saying who a woman is (which is infinite).
13. This has been a long thread. Forgive me. I wanted to make it clear just how insistent this new ideology is about you adhering to it. This kind of enormous social pressure works. Watch out for it. See the word cis for what it is: Indoctrination into an ideology.
14. As they teach in Taoism β€œThe Tao that can be named is not the true Tao”.

When you label your identity you limit yourself. You place yourself in a box.

Who you are is an infinite expression wayyy too beautiful and complex for any kind label.

❀️❀️❀️
Sad to add this to a thread that just ended on an upbeat note, but you must understand that the vitriol is ramping up. Please be aware.

β€’ β€’ β€’

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
γ€€

Keep Current with Jennifer πŸŸ₯πŸ”΄πŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ¦‰πŸˆβ€β¬› πŸ¦–

Jennifer πŸŸ₯πŸ”΄πŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ¦‰πŸˆβ€β¬› πŸ¦– Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @babybeginner

Jun 25
Thread. This is BIG news. The Supreme Court has agreed to hear a case out of Tennessee where they have banned puberty blockers and hormones for kids.

This case will have huge implications across all kinds of cases in the United States. 1/ Image
That the case is being heard at all is enormous. The Supreme Court in the US doesn’t have to hear cases that get appealed to it. In fact, they hear very few. They get to decide what cases they take up.

And so far, they haven’t taken up many cases on this topic. 2/
By avoiding the issue completely they have essentially given a lot of wins to the Genderists. The Court hasn’t decided on a bathroom issue or school sports or other issues so these fights keep happening in different states.

This very conservative court has stayed silent. 3/
Read 5 tweets
Jun 23
A thread. I’ve noticed lately that when I speak up about the blatant abuse and unfairness that is happening to women and girls in sports, a certain group of people are coming in to say β€œthis is all women’s fault!” β€œYou have to handle it yourself!” β€œYou voted for this!” 1/ Image
Then the conversation devolves into a rant about how awful women are when they vote. This leads to anything the Dems do (or any other left wing group) is all the fault of women. Therefore, there is no reason for people to help that poor girl who got ripped off in sport. 2/
Instead of the election being about Republicans vs Democrats it is now Republicans vs Women. And more and more I’m hearing all the ills of society are the fault of all women. Specifically, liberal women, but all women in general. 3/
Read 11 tweets
Jun 21
BREAKING: Appeals Court Denies Appeal to Reinstate Gender Rules on States.

20 states brought a lawsuit against the Department of Education (DOE) for imposing new gender rules under the auspices of Title IX. 1/
Three documents were sent to the states stating that the DOE will now enforce Title IX to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.

Title IX was originally written to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex. 2/
The states said that these new documents impose new burdens on the states. Included in the documents is a Fact Sheet that gives examples of things the DOE can now investigate schools in the states for doing.

It’s a big deal because if the schools are found 3/
Read 10 tweets
Jun 18
1/ A thread.

Here are some key passages of Tennessee vs Cardona, a ruling granting a preliminary injunction against the department of education in their new Title IX. rules.

In other words: not so fast with those Title IX changes!

Or as the mainstream media laments: Image
2/ The case was brought by six states: Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, West Virginia, a group of Christian educators and one 15 year old girl.

The first line of the opinion is already impressive. β€œThere are two sexes: male and female.” Image
3/ On April 29, 2024 the Department of Education redefined sex in Title IX to include gender identity in what will be called the Final Rule. Those states objected to this expansion of Title IX.
Read 22 tweets
Jun 17
Thread

β€œLia” Thomas loses challenge!

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has rejected Lia’s challenge to swim at elite levels in women’s races. He can still swim with the men.
They ruled β€œLia” does not have standing to challenge the ruling since he is not eligible to swim in elite competitions through either world aquatics or USA swimming.

However he is still eligible to compete in non elite events. 2/
He argued to the court (CAS) that the policy was discriminatory, he claimed that it bars all β€œtransgender” competitors from competing.

3/
Read 8 tweets
Jun 16
Thread.

The police put up a photo of a missing man. They asked for the public’s help in finding the man. But they called the man a woman. If you are looking for a person it would help to know the truth.

So, people told them they had made a mistake and this was a man. 1/ Image
The people telling the police that their missing poster is hopelessly confusing, are doing so because they want this person found.

If they didn’t, they would just stay silent and not try and clear up the confusion. 2/
The police then posted this threat. 3/ Image
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(