token Profile picture
Sep 2, 2022 10 tweets 14 min read Read on X
Thread on the progression of meta(s) by @frankdegods
who dropped some major news on the t00bs🧪 & my thoughts on @y00tsNFT CC0 ⓨ

As an @ethereum & @nounsdao support/native accepted to @y00tlist 16 days ago.

Thread with everything ETH/SOL/VC friends need to know 🧵👇

1/9 Image
Tokenomics Theory🔥: @frankdegods to confirm.

I first noticed #frank when listening to Nouns spaces w/ speakers like @0xigami @punk4156 @apenoun in May.

My thought was that he was learning from CC0 & I believe we are seeing some of those ideologies manifest in @y00tsNFT.

2/9 Image
The #y00ts collection is taking a unique approach to the rights & permissions.

Most projects on @solana hold secure IP rights to the collections. The alternative is #CCO or creative commons, which allows holders the IP rights to their NFT - @frankdegods understands this.

3/9 Image
y00ts is taking a quasi-CC0 @nounsdao approach.

Think of the ⓨ as a stamp of approval by the @DeGodsNFT to build sub-projects on top of DeGod/y00t IP.

Each builder could have a ⓨ registry, which will assist in the proliferation of DeGods yet no one is talking about this.

4/9 Image
Why this matters:

b/c #nouns has showed us that the Founders Dilemma is solvable via decentralization of IP rights. People are building incredibly innovative things on the IP of PFPs example: @nounscoffee by @thebrkfststudio nouns.wtf/vote/84

Now See: @DeBeansRoaster

5/9 ImageImageImageImage
@solana projects like @FamousFoxFed (1st)🟠 @communi3_io @degenfatcats @TheMonkeyLeague have 🔥 communities & I wouldn't be surprised if they start open-sourcing ideations around CC0 within derivative projects.

The first to accomplish this will dominate @ethereum adoption.

6/9 ImageImageImageImage
Near Term y00t News:

@frankdegods @ShiLLin_ViLLian @kingfud @kevindegods @taylordegods dropped #y00ts updates:

1. #y00tlisted & DeadGod holders will be able to mint a y00ts t00b🧪 separate collection akin to CloneX Vial opensea.io/collection/clo…

twitter.com/i/spaces/1nAKE…

7/9
2. the mint t00b is scheduled to open Sunday September 4th ~2:00 PM y00ts.com

3. 5-7 days where #t00bs can be traded before being exchanged for a y00t (game-theory time).

4. PHBT 33.3% "Burned DeGods" are back as prizes

5. 90% common, 9% rare, 1% super rare

8/9
More information can be found: @thomasjeans @bengreen927 @ShiLLin_ViLLian @MetaCrypto1000x

P.S excited to see more DeGods come into the spotlight akin to franks rise - best guess @kevindegods @MrBeast @pencilzwrld or @JerDeGods

9/9 ImageImage
@frankdegods to confirm 😂😉

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with token

token Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @TokenVC_

Aug 19, 2023
You spend 1000s of hours interacting with @solana but do you understand it's infrastructure/architecture.

I'll make it simple, bookmark this.
[1/9]👇🏽 Image
Before we jump in it's fundamental to understand how different blockchains work:

1. BTC = Proof of Work (Computing Action Required)

2. ETH = Proof of Stake (Random Validators)

3. SOL = Proof of History + Proof of Stake (Random Paralleled Validation) Image
From the highest level Solana's blockchain is comprised of:

1. Transactions (ex: buying JPEGs @tensor_hq)

2. Leaders (individuals who provide the current state of the transactions in network ex: @jito_labs @jump_ @a16z)

3. Validators (the cohort who confirm/deny the leaders). Image
Read 12 tweets
Oct 22, 2022
Macro Guide to Crypto/VC Markets✍️

The astronomical rise in valuations over the last 2.5+ years have come to an end.

Let's talk about the “great reset" in Crypto (Tokens), Public (Stocks), Private (VC) Markets.

{how founders/investors should position themselves}

1/15
🧵👇
-- Disclaimer --

• For crypto-native individuals 👇 learn macro economics b/c it trickles into everything from Tokens-NFTs.

• I've learned so much from @theallinpod @DavidSacks @jefffluhr @craft_ventures {their framework intertwined w/ my macro/crypto outlook & environment}.
2/14

• For investors, collectors, founders (particularly in crypto) who have not experienced a true bear market (think '00, '09) this is an unsettling period.

• Nov '21 - Dec '21 was a cyclical peak for markets:

Crypto: $3T --> $1.06T
S&P 500 $40.4T --> 31.9T

What happened?
Read 15 tweets
Oct 21, 2022
Mini-Thread🧵

Alpha alert for founders who want to accelerate their protocol/project via @a16z @a16zcrypto accelerator program.

{+ read on for non-founders/individuals looking to learn more about the landscape/ecosystem}👇📍
-- Disclaimer --

I personally have learned so much from @a16z startup school from talks w/ {@cdixon @jessewldn @danboneh @alive_eth @BrianBrooksUS} & many more in person/via their series.

Not saying @a16zcrypto is the best route, but it's worth a look.

/1

-- Macro Thesis via @a16z --

• Since 2017 web3 has grown rapidly, even by tech standards & yet the tools necessary to build an enduring web3 product are still poorly defined & distributed.

• This is particularly true for new ppl entering the space from web2.
Read 9 tweets
Oct 20, 2022
{Royalty Solution = @DeGodsNFT CC0 Platform🧵}

Why I think @frankdegods is going to launch a CC0 platform / tool to overcome the royalty issues.

👇 Image
— Disclaimer —

This is speculation, these are my observations of what I think Frank is thinking about doing.

P.S I’d do the same thing.

In the off chance this isn’t your plan @kevindegods @pencilzwrld @frankdegods hmu it should be.
/1

— Shocking Solana, but not rewriting the playbook —

• The best innovators find interesting, proven ideas & try to make them 10x better.

• To date Solana hasn’t cared about CC0 but in zero fee environment SOL may pivot to it. Image
Read 10 tweets
Oct 20, 2022
Mini-Thread🧵
{Narrative Weaving}

NW is fundamental to the ebbs & flows of the markets. It's important to know who's weaving the stories in your ecosystems.

Top 8 NFT accounts / about them
(ETH/SOL per @nftinspect)
/ Rank 1 @ShiLLin_ViLLian

Meteoric rise to fame during the @y00tlist saga, follow by the inverse of capitulation when he started his daily spaces with
@barkmeta & @notthreadguy.

Global Reach: 28.5%
Following: 83.4k
PFP: Reptilian Renegade

nftinspect.xyz/profiles/ShiLL… Image
/ Rank 2 @frankdegods

The founder & chief social experimenter @DeGodsNFT & @y00tsNFT without a doubt one of the most innovative characters in the ecosystem. Serial inventor, 33.3%, y00tlist, & hype master.

Global Reach: 24.3%
Following: 136k
PFP: DeGod

nftinspect.xyz/profiles/frank… Image
Read 12 tweets
Oct 14, 2022
Mini-Thread🧵

Venture Capital funds that lead pre-seeds rounds (part II).

(@ web3 / generalist founders).
Disclaimer: there is an endless number of quality VC firms, this is more informative for founders (who live on twitter) vs a manifesto of what VCs are the best in the space.

trying to help founders navigate VC that's all.

(happy to make intros if you're building cool stuff).
@btv_vc by @pitdesi (unreal on fintech), @iamjakestream @_laurenmessner @jbahrdestefano

Leading pre-seed/seed rounds of fintech companies, globally. Crypto x Fintech.

Average Check Size: $1M - $20M*estimate
Rounds: Pre-Seed, Seed, Series A, Series B+

btv.vc
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(