Anton Dykyi 🇺🇦 🇬🇧 Profile picture
Sep 22, 2022 16 tweets 7 min read Read on X
A couple of months ago, I promised to look at the posts by the largest russian emigre community in Ireland. Pre-amble: it's ridden with chauvinism, racism, support for russia and war in general. A thread 🧵
The group is maintained by several russian admins. A prominent admin is Kristina Butusova, a Latvian, and a founder of the Cultural Association "Russian Ireland". Image
The group seems as your usual assortment of nostalgic posts and ads for services by the emigre community. That would be the first (and wrong) impression. The posts that get highest levels of engagement are about politics and, of course, Ukraine. Let's dive into this cesspit.
Here Kristina makes a bait post about the strain of Ukrainian refugees on public resources. Kristina posts about supposedly more than 100,000 refugees that might come to Ireland. The Irish Independent is quoted, but not further links are of course provided. Image
Let's look at the typical comments and reactions by the "community": racism, chauvinism, homophobia - you've got it all, baby ImageImageImageImage
More of the same + the calls for which-hunts, questions about where the refugees live and calls for their immediate deportation. Yeah, that's ordinary russians for you. That's just one example, but I've got plenty more. Buckle up ImageImageImageImage
"Ireland is waking up" (Is there a case asking some Ukrainian refugees to go home) Image
"Ukraine was sold as a New Jerusalem"
Notice the thing dig at (((them))). Why do russians hate jews so much? Never understood this. Image
Here's a truly gold one, by our friend, Kristina Butusova, again. Note few bits:
- She quotes a source again (no links given)
- "Putin's speech is serious"
- "Minister discussed Russia's "crimes"(!!!)"
Note the comments under the post. Note the pro-putin post by Kristina herself ImageImageImageImage
More gloating about the energy emergency. Very patriotic for someone presumably being an Irish citizen Image
Links to the cuckoo youtubers ("JOE BIDEN WILL DESTROY EURO"). Ehh, what? Image
Posts about "Ukrainian Nazis", "Western Provocation" by "John Connolly" (totally not a GRU psyops shill, pinky promise).
Reactions are as you expect - a cesspit ("nazis in Latvia" , "muh rusophobia", etc etc etc.). Tacit approval by group admins of course. ImageImageImageImage
That's enough for the first post of what will become a recurring series. Some final thoughts:
- the russian participants are ardent putinists who ardently support the war and actions of russia
- there is little to no remorse for the russia's """crimes""" (quoting the group admin)
- the group is infested with chauvinism, racism, homophobia, and lies
- the posts appear to follow a similar pattern and messaging. There are signs of a coordinated psyops campaign likely originating from GRU/IRA in coordination with group admins
- Facebook/Meta are not interested in tackling this issue whatsoever. A cowardly stance, but to be expected
- EU countries must do better due diligence on any new citizens. Social media mining and analysis should be taken seriously - "good character" test
A few grammatical, mistakes, my apologies! I also forgot to attach a translated version of pro-putin's post by the admin. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Anton Dykyi 🇺🇦 🇬🇧

Anton Dykyi 🇺🇦 🇬🇧 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @AntonDykyi

Sep 25, 2022
As I start to see videos of hordes of mobilised, drunk Russian men carted off in derelict buses to their inevitable bitter end, I can't stop myself from drawing parallels with Hitler’s bungled attack on Stalingrad. A short 🧵to help Russians understand what reality awaits them.
I re-listened the great Dan Carlin’s Ghosts of the Ostfront to refresh my memory on the events. Dan’s prescient narration raises many important lessons. Lessons that are as relevant to the current Russia’s imperialistic war of conquest as they were to Hitler’s genocidal war.
In his book “Aftermath”, Donovan Webster, a military historian, revisits the remnants of battlefields of past wars. In one harrowing chapter, he describes visiting infamous “bone fields” - the area near Stalingrad where Nazi Germany Sixth Army met its final fate.
Read 13 tweets
May 27, 2022
Short 🧵. russians complain about “russophobia” and being “persecuted” in #Kazakhstan because (wait for it) they are asked to speak in Kazakh. The usual xenophobic/imperialistic replies from “ordinary russians” ensue: threats of “repeating Ukraine”, “taking back our lands”, etc.
“If russians leave (Kazakhstan), Kazakhs very quickly will begin to ride their horses through steppes. They can’t do anything else” Image
“Didn’t Ukraine teach them anything? These people…” (note the usual zwastika) Image
Read 11 tweets
May 10, 2022
A thread: examples of russians harassing Ukrainians in the UK and abroad. 5th column is alive and well.
russians verbally abuse a 🇺🇦 child in London
russians triggered by 🇺🇦 flag, this time in #Copenhagen. The translation of shouting is something along the lines of “get the fuck out back to war you fucking whore”
Read 20 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(