Shannon Watts Profile picture
Oct 1, 2022 11 tweets 8 min read Read on X
Another night, another gala - this time with pockets. Honored to be @FerrellZabala’s plus one tonight at the @CBCInstitute gala. #ALC51
With @gregoryjackson - our friend from @CJACTIONFUND #ALC51
The women of @everytown plus Congresswoman @lucymcbath #ALC51
With Nevada gun sense champion @StevenHorsford
With our hero and gun sense champion @RepRaskin #ALC51
With the women of @everytown and new @HRC President @KelleyJRobinson #ALC51
With Iowa gubernatorial candidate and gun sense champion @DeidreDeJear. #ALC51
Yes. I have my hand in my pockets in every photo. It’s like nirvana.
The whole #alc15 @Everytown team.
It’s the @VP!!! #alc15
.@potus gets standing ovation for appointing the first Black woman to SCOTUS #alc51

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Shannon Watts

Shannon Watts Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @shannonrwatts

Jun 3
Dedicating my feed tonight to @KyleClark, Colorado journalist and brilliant, fearless moderator. All of these clips from the recent GOO debate for a Colorado Congressional seat are 💯

Read 7 tweets
Feb 11
Hearing even Democrats repeat the bullshit talking points about VP Kamala Harris - they don’t think she’s qualified or they say she can’t win in the future. But when you press them for proof or examples to back up their fears, it’s clear they’re just regurgitating others’ TPs.
Conversation I had with unnamed family member:

Me: Why don’t you support VP Harris?

Them: She hasn’t accomplished anything.

Me: What other VP accomplishments would you cite as consequential?

Them: Hmmmm.
Them: I just don’t think she’s qualified.

Me: But you thought Sen Kaine was qualified?

Them: Yes.

Me: What were his accomplishments?

Them: Hmmmm
Read 5 tweets
Dec 15, 2023
ELEVEN YEARS AGO today, at my Indiana kitchen counter, I created a Facebook page that became @MomsDemand. I never imagined it would become the largest women-led organization in the US and, with @StudentsDemand and 10M supporters, twice the size of the NRA momsdemandaction.org
In 2012, gun safety was the third rail of American politics. A quarter of all Dems in Congress had NRA A-ratings. The NRA wielded outsized influence and could generate angry calls and emails to lawmakers. And there was no national gun safety grassroots movement to stop them.
Since then, @MomsDemand volunteers stopped the NRA's priority legislation in statehouses 90% of the time every year for the past decade; passed over 500 gun safety laws across the country; changed corporate policies; and educated millions of Americans about secure gun storage.
Read 8 tweets
Dec 10, 2023
Defamation is not free speech, which is why judges in different state have come to the same conclusion: Alex Jones violated his victims’ First Amendment rights and he owes them $1.5 billion. Image
On the day of the Sandy Hook shooting - which happened 11 years ago this week - Alex Jones went on the air while parents were learning that their children had died, claiming the mass shooting was a “false flag” intended to take away viewers’ Second Amendment rights.
Over the years, Alex Jones repeated this lie again and again to enrich himself - his conspiracy lies helped double his viewership in three years and his merchandise sales rose to $76M in 2019.

Jones eventually admitted the mass shooting had, in fact, occurred.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 23, 2023
NEW: The 20-year-old man who attempted to carry out a mass shooting inside an Ohio Walmart was a white supremacist and gun extremist who’d been admitted to the hospital for mental-health evaluations. He bought his long gun two days prior at a gun store: newsweek.com/benjamin-charl…
Ohio does not:

Require background checks

Have a red flag law

Prevent domestic abusers from accessing guns

Ban assault weapons

Limit magazine capacity

Have waiting periods

Require permitting

Regulate open carry
What does this look like in practice? A 20-year-old whose brain isn’t even developed is given easy access to weapons of war. There are many red flags that he’s a danger to society - in his home and on social media - but no one can or is willing to alert law enforcement…
Read 6 tweets
Oct 28, 2023
The Lewiston gunman used a Ruger SFAR, an AR-10 that fires a .308 caliber cartridge, even more powerful than the AR-15. Photos suggest his rifle was equipped with tactical gear, including an optic or red-dot sight, a flashlight, and 20-round magazines. cnn.com/us/live-news/l…
The magazines were taped together for faster reloading, a tactic referred to as “jungle style.” By taping two magazines together, the shooter was able to bolster his capacity to 40 rounds.
Ruger introduced the SFAR AR-10 in 2022 *after* Ruger AR-15s were used in Sutherland Springs and Boulder mass shootings. Ruger’s AR-10 launch also came after its CEO testified before the House Oversight Committee regarding the use of AR-15s in Buffalo, Uvalde and Highland Park.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(