Keyan Carlile Profile picture
Dec 27, 2022 33 tweets 9 min read Read on X
Transformers Animated Season 4: What Could’ve Been

Featuring the artistic talents of: @dyemooch @WavesGlorious @jcburcham @KnightTimeArt @OreoGlitch @TheChromatroid @Destron23 @SusKatzske @JarOLooseScrews @9kGoodz @LyndaxyArt
I’d like to showcase the artwork created for this video over the last several months.

Transformers Animated Season 4 TURF WAR by @jcburcham
Animated Devastator designed by @WavesGlorious

(most TFA fan art thinks too literally about space and transformation. Derrick would always warp and twist shapes to fit the design. He also had TUBE LIMBS on every character besides Optimus, which most fan designs tend to forget) Image
Transformers Animated Season 4 THIS IS WHY I HATE ORGANICS by @KnightTimeArt
@KnightTimeArt Earth Mode Rattletrap design by @KnightTimeArt as well, based on Derrick’s descriptions from TFCon 2010 Image
Transformers Animated Season 4 MIRROR, MIRROR by @OreoGlitch
@OreoGlitch Transformers Animated Season 4 MIRROR, MIRROR by @OreoGlitch
@OreoGlitch Transformers Animated Season 4 MIRROR, MIRROR by @OreoGlitch
Shattered Glass Blitzwing colors scheme finally rendered for this video by the one and only @dyemooch , based on a weird knockoff Derrick said he would take as inspiration back in 2009. Image
Transformers Animated Season 4 GREMLINS IN THE GEARS by @OreoGlitch
@OreoGlitch Transformers Animated Season 4 GREMLINS IN THE GEARS by @OreoGlitch
Transformers Animated Season 4 WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE by @TheChromatroid
@TheChromatroid Transformers Animated Season 4 S.T.E.A.M. by @jcburcham
S.T.E.A.M. members designed by @WavesGlorious. The original series production bible proposes G.B. Redmond as the name of the leader. Image
Transformers Animated Season 4 IT CAME FROM CYBERTRON by @OreoGlitch
Transformers Animated TRUKK VS. MUNKY by @Destron23
Animated Optimus Primal designed by @WavesGlorious, with a head plucked from Derrick's 90's fanart Image
@WavesGlorious Transformers Animated BUMBLE PRIME by @dyemooch
What would’ve been a phenomenal, standout episode. It was cut from season 3, and likely wouldn't have made it to the final version of season 4.
@WavesGlorious Bumble Prime & Future Sari designed by @WavesGlorious.

Derrick had a sketch of Bumble Prime somewhere, but sadly no one can find it. Image
Transformers Animated BUMBLE PRIME by @dyemooch
@dyemooch Transformers Animated BUMBLE PRIME by @dyemooch
Transformers Animated Season 4 TRIPLE THREAT by @SusKatzske
@dyemooch finally created a Marauder Megatron color scheme after all these years based on Derrick’s statements. Image
@WavesGlorious's attempt to finalize Derrick Wyatt’s Powermaster Prime design, leaning into his Gond Ginrai influence. Derrick never liked the proposed mockup from the Allspark Almanac. (@KnightTimeArt also made some revisions to the legs that were really nice) Image
Transformers Animated Season 4 ALLSPARK-ALYPSE NOW! by @JarOLooseScrews
@JarOLooseScrews Transformers Animated Season 4 ALLSPARK-ALYPSE NOW! by @JarOLooseScrews
(I only just realized TODAY, months later, that we forgot to draw the shoulderpads and cape that Derrick wanted on Sentinel Magnus in S4. Whoops!)
Prowl-Possessed Allspark fragment characters designed by me. Image
Transformers Animated Season 4 PROCESS OF ELIMINATION by @9kGoodz
Transformers Animated Season 4 MEGATRON MUST BE DESTROYED! by @Destron23, modified from an earlier piece to feature the redesigns of this project.
And finally...
Transformers Animated Season 4 MEGATRON MUST BE DESTROYED! by @LyndaxyArt
Thank you to everyone involved. Seeing this artwork come in over the last several months has been incredible. I'll always adore this series.

Be sure to watch Transformers Animated Season 4: What Could've Been!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Keyan Carlile

Keyan Carlile Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @KeyanCarlile

Jan 29
Paramount has announced TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED: THE MOVIE, which will begin filming this April. Here is a thread of the casting reveals.

Ryan Gosling as Optimus Prime

When asked how he plans to honor David Kaye's beloved performance, Gosling responded "Who?"

(Source: Deadline)
TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED: THE MOVIE will reportedly use no CGI whatsoever, and its cast is expected to embody the roles through extensive makeup effects.

Kevin Hart as Bumblebee

(source: Deadline)
Scarlett Johansson as Sari Sumdac

Johansson said of the role "I'm beyond excited to contribute authentic Indian representation to the big screen."

(Source: Deadline)
Read 32 tweets
Dec 26, 2023
Round Two!

New artwork. New episodes. New video.

Animated Season 4: What SHOULD'VE Been

10 days ago, I received the full document for the Hasbro version of S4. This isn't just "everything we know". This may well be EVERYTHING there ever WAS to know.

For YEARS and YEARS, ever since High School, I knew internal in-house documents about the season 4 plans MUST'VE existed with more information than the Almanac. And, finally, here they are; courtesy of @dyemooch who got them from Derrick while working on TFCC Issue 71.
@dyemooch There's an old tweet where Derrick mentioned Devastator's head was one of the first things he doodled working on TFA. I assumed Josh used *that* for cleanup. I asked "Hey, can I have Derrick's Devastator sketch?" and he casually gave me something I've wanted to see for a decade.
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(