Lux “Non-Zionist” Alptraum Profile picture
Jan 20, 2023 9 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Entertain me ngl.link/luxnightmare
I mean I don’t know who you are so I can’t say yes or no but I can say that when people annoy me on Twitter I just mute them so it’s fine, do whatever Hi do I reply to too many o...
We had bisexuals on TV more than 20 years ago? The only examples coming to mind are some awful SATC eps, unforch. Fav historical bisexual rep...
I don’t like things that are fun

In all seriousness the only music festival I’ve ever been to was Lilith Fair 1999; it’s the kind of thing I can enjoy with the right people but it’s not my bag. Have fun tho! Since I just got my ticket ...
I am always asking people to option my life rights so… I mean for the right price/right people, yes absolutely Would you want to see an an...
I nuked it from the internet at a time when that was still possible.

I still have it but now it’s just for me. Whatever happened to the 🌽 ...
I mean it depends on who it is and what the deal is. If it’s someone I interact with (or even better are mutuals with), it’s possible. If it’s some total rando? Very low. What are the odds that you’...
Sleep? Where does your mind go for...
A) Thank you! (Everyone else, #BuyMyBook: sealpress.com/titles/lux-alp…)

B) I mean I have, but it usually requires someone to invite me to do an event; it’s not something I’m actively organizing right now (esp since the book is 4!). But if I do an event you can ask me to sign my book. I just ordered your book, d...

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Lux “Non-Zionist” Alptraum

Lux “Non-Zionist” Alptraum Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @LuxAlptraum

Nov 16, 2023
A couple words on why the way that some of you use "Zionist" just feels like "Jew (derogatory)":

1) Zionism, as I have stated repeatedly, is a complex philosophy with multiple iterations (cultural, religious, and political, just for a start), to reduce it to the most violent...
... form of political Zionism is already a problem. Many self-IDed Zionists do not support this war or Israel's current government, I personally know Zionists who are actively working towards making Israel a more tolerant, pluralistic society for both Palestinians and Jews.
So already it's a problem when "Zionist" is used to mean "completely cosigns everything happening now and every horrible abuse of the Palestinians that has ever happened."

2) To refer to all Israelis as "Zionist" is false, not all Israelis buy into Zionism.
Read 9 tweets
Nov 13, 2023
I don't think anti-Zionism is antisemitism and I don't think Zionism is racism but I also don't think that either anti-Zionists or Zionists make a good faith effort to address the antisemitism/racism embedded within their movements.
I don't identify with either camp, but if you do, really ask yourself what you are doing to combat the noxious elements within it. Do you just shrug your shoulders and insist it's not your problem? Do you hold up anti-Zionist Jews and Arab Israelis as tokens?
Do you insist that it's really just a fringe element that you're not responsible for and anyway it's not really a problem because look at the violence that Israel/Hamas is doing and isn't that more important than a couple of loudmouthed assholes?
Read 10 tweets
Nov 1, 2023
So I am very aware that "I'm going to assault this person tangentially connected to a foreign country that is doing something I don't like" is a common phenomenon — during WW2, my Croatian great-uncle changed his German* last name to Denton to avoid harassment. 🧵

* Long story
But I find it interesting that people who likely would not blame random Russian-Americans or Asian-Americans getting assaulted on the actions of Putin or Xi Jinping somehow think it's fine to say that Bibi is the reason why Jews around the world are at elevated risk?
Like of course bigots are going to use whatever excuse they can to justify their bigotry. That's what bigots do! But why are so many of you so invested in blaming *Bibi* for their actions in a way you don't with other despots?
Read 5 tweets
Oct 23, 2023
You are perfectly welcome to take the position that Israel is a violent settler-colonial state that cannot be reformed and must be destroyed; but I think if you choose to take that position it is worth actually thinking through what you mean by Israel's destruction.
Do you mean the replacement of Israel and its government with a Palestinian state from the river to the sea? That's a position you can hold! It is worth asking what you imagine will happen to Israelis currently living in the region, though. Will they be granted citizenship?
Will they be killed? Will they be expelled? If it's the latter, where will they go? Will Poland and Germany and Spain and Egypt and Iran and Syria and Iraq and Yemen and France and Russia and etc etc etc be expected to take refugees and their descendants back?
Read 11 tweets
Oct 3, 2023
Something I think about a lot is the fact that few people can actually define an orgasm, and especially a "female orgasm," in anything remotely approaching concrete and measurable terms.
(And by "few people" I might actually mean "no one")
You might be thinking, "Well but wait if someone ejaculates that's obviously an orgasm" but like... what if they have ejaculation but no pleasurable sensation? What if the have the pleasure of orgasm but ejaculate internally or don't ejaculate at all (it can happen)?
Read 10 tweets
Jun 6, 2023
One of the most bizarre things about Buffalo is people here think they invented putting “the” in front of a highway number
This is how you know no one from Buffalo has ever been to LA
Semi-related every time I’m here I get newly annoyed at how Robert Moses fucked this place up so bad; HE CUT AN OLMSTED PARK IN HALF WITH A HIGHWAY
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(