Radio & Nukes 🇺🇦 Profile picture
Feb 16, 2023 7 tweets 4 min read Read on X
I have questions about the last position and timing. The last raw APRS packet shows it here at 11:23:06 UTC. ImageImageImage
I guess I’m lost here! The APRS data has the last packet ~5 hours ago Feb 16th. The shoot down over Yukon was Feb 11th? The altitude shows 960.12m Image
The last several packets were the same. I wouldn’t expect GPS to give the exact same data even if the ballon is stationary! Feels like APRS is beaconing bad data! Or the system they used to inject that data to APRS is still going. Image
In the case of this balloon the RCS would be roughly equal to the diameter. 32” 81.28cm as long as the wavelength << diameter. L-Band 24cm would be quite long for that to hold true but it would still return a significant amount of energy. Image
For X-Band like the F-22s APG-77 80cm is going to be really close. No idea how far a the F-22 could detect a 80cm sphere.
I reached out to @NORADCommand PIO via email. This is what I got back! #AmateurRadio #hamradio #yukon #balloon Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Radio & Nukes 🇺🇦

Radio & Nukes 🇺🇦 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @HamWa07

Mar 1
👀 👀 German secure comms seems to have been breached by Russia!
Here is a link to the conversation German with Russian subtitles. t.me/margaritasimon…
Read 11 tweets
Dec 8, 2023
Pearl Harbor radar plot!
Here is what the Opana Radar Station looks like today, still in use as a radar site! Back in 1941 a SCR-270 was located at this site. The SCR-270 operated at 106MHz which is quite low in frequency compared with modern radars. I have attached a coverage plot of the SCR-270 at this site.

Here is a pic of the actual SCR-270 radar setup as it was in 1945. Image
Operator console. Image
Read 5 tweets
Nov 28, 2023
👀 This is an important loss for Ukraine! 80K6M is a large S-Band 3D phased array radar produced in Ukraine. This is one of the most capable radars Ukraine operates and very few have been produced from what we can tell. Specs are in the technical brochure images 3 and 4. Source:

Geolocation revels it was located very close to the location where a Ukrainian ST-68U was destroyed by suspected glide bomb recently! Eastern icon was the 80K6M and the Western was the location of the ST-68U
ST-68U post from @WarVehicle 3 days ago!!!!
Read 4 tweets
Jun 11, 2023
C-Band 5.405GHz +- 100MHz emitter south of Luhansk near Andrivka Russian occupied Ukraine 48.354121, 39.451673 2023-06-10 03:31:35 to 03:32:00 UTC. The dual pol X-Pattern is back!! ImageImageImage
Looks like something new at this site between 5-20-2023 and 6-7-2023 48.355439, 39.450532
Ordered some Planet Scope imagery for this site! Thanks to all generous donations I can post these images! If you want to take it to the next level we could task a satellite as soon as we see emissions just takes $$$ buymeacoffee.com/radioandnukes Image
Read 6 tweets
Jun 11, 2023
Large hole in the radome at the Mayak Crimea radar site, cause unknown. 45.345597, 32.521076 Imagery source Skywatch 50cm date 5-7-2023. Image
Satellite images aren't cheap! If you would like to see more please consider buying me a coffee! I feel so awkward asking but I would really like to take this to the next level. Thank you! buymeacoffee.com/radioandnukes
Here is the color image. Source Skywatch Image
Read 5 tweets
Jun 6, 2023
Nova Kakhovka dam was blown 46.77618, 33.37169
18.2 km^3 or 14,800,000 acre⋅ft of water was held back by this dam! Image
Looks like two breaches. One large one in the flood gate area and a second one through the power house. Image
Read 16 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(