Mr. Possible Profile picture
Feb 23, 2023 6 tweets 4 min read Read on X
I share some reasons for supporting Peter Obi, here. This is to not only reinforce our convictions as Obi’s supporters but also to clarify the enormity of significance that our individual choices carry. See below: ImageImageImageImage
First point continued: ImageImageImageImage
First point concluded: ImageImage
Other points: ImageImageImageImage
Conclusion: ImageImage
In summary, please vote for Peter Obi. I made an analysis criticizing BAT on my Instagram: @mr_possidez. I’ll do well to save it in a highlight.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Mr. Possible

Mr. Possible Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Mrpossidez

Jun 2
People would be better off dating their close friends. There’s usually a vibrant connection. But no, they’d rather go the end of the earth looking for a stranger to whom they can pretend conveniently, and a few months down the line, they swear they met their best friend.
That’s not to say all great friends are attractive or that they make for great romantic partners. But of course, we see cases of friends with repressed affection everyday. We colloquially call it “see finish” which is often just the unfashionable substitute for great chemistry.
A reasonable argument could be that romance thrives with mystery. But then, with one’s partner, familiarity is inevitable and it may or may not erode the romance. If that is prospectively true, then i think people can be more intentional with making it work with friends.
Read 6 tweets
May 31
Our problems are culturally sanctioned and then religious reinforced. These men know that if they walk into your fancy offices and churches, you’ll still treat them like gods. Some will even bow. Power resides where people believe it resides.
Unfortunately, it’s easy to control a country with poor and unenlightened people. Because poor people just want to live. There’s no cause or movement worthier. Poverty immediately makes you dangerous, even without your consent. Every threat to your survival, you cave in.
It is tempting sometimes to bash Nigerians as cowardly but I refrain because which “Nigerians?” The unfortunate truth is that those who are angered, truly, and understand what is at stake, are still a minority. A significant minority, but a minority notwithstanding.
Read 5 tweets
May 29
Those around us worth appreciating—

Family.
The ones who make your humanity feel less heavy.
The ones who inspire you to be better, without judgments.
Read 18 tweets
May 25
Love is love. Commitment is commitment. Commitment is a quality. Love is a sensation. We don’t need to conflate both terms. Unfortunately, marriage is a self-imposed obligation. You don’t need a “different” kind of love in marriage. You just need more qualities—commitment, etc.
Love does not commit. It makes you willing to be with someone but it’s not a substitute for the skills you need for that. You may have the talent for football—that’s like love. But it’s not a substitute for the discipline needed for professional football—that’s a learned quality.
So the point is, there’s no need to conflate both terms. Love is one of many different skills you need to be with someone. You can love a person to death and be very stupidly lazy. Love provokes the willingness, it does not implant a trait you have not developed yourself.
Read 8 tweets
May 19
That’s the difference between wisdom and intelligence. Men who have actually been in long term relationships know that vulnerability is a slippery concept. It seems intellectually sound to recommend it (after all, why can’t we all just be human) but it’s never that simple.
The more you experience people, the more you notice the disconnect between what they say and how they’d react. It is an intelligent proposition to promote equality, for instance, but when you see the reaction of humans in certain situations, you’ll know that equality is a farce.
This is something I have been teaching my younger sisters. If people are resisting an approach, listen. No matter how intelligent your view is, try to understand why they say so. Not all solutions are deductive, yet they can be sensible. Experience is the ultimate leveller.
Read 5 tweets
May 12
I’m not what you’d call a religious man. Or even a traditional man. And this means I don’t have many deal breakers. My busy wife, for instance, doesn’t have to worry about doubling as our chef. But I have 3 dealbreakers. None of these will I negotiate.
To be clear, as far as relationships go, there’s hardly a desire that cannot be compromised. For some people, this means without if the reason is not rational, it’s foolish to not compromise. But not me. My deal breakers don’t have to make sense to you—they are my deal breakers.
Ideally, I’ll be upfront about these dealbreakers but I usually am not. Because by their very nature, they are better taken for granted than negotiated (except the third). A powerful relationship, in my view, is one that minimizes the need for frictional conversations.
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(