Nick St. Pierre Profile picture
Mar 15, 2023 23 tweets 9 min read Read on X
Midjourney v5 is here! (for real this time, lol)

Here are some side-by-sides of my prompts, v4 vs v5, as well as some new prompts and crowd shots. I'll add more to this as I experiment.

🧵
Editorial Style Photo, Eye Level, Modern, Living Room, Fireplace, Leather and Wood, Built-in Shelves, Neutral with pops of blue, West Elm, Natural Light, New York City, Afternoon, Cozy, Art Deco --ar 16:9

v4 (left) v5 (right)
1960s street style photo of a young woman, sitting, sailboat, green dior dress, silk green dress, green dress, silk, pearl necklace, tiffany's pearls, tiffany's pearl necklace, sunset, ocean, shot on Agfa Vista 200, 4k --ar 16:9

v4 (left) v5 (right)
Crowd Shot

1960s street style photo of a crowd of young women standing on a sailboat, wearing dior dresses made of silk, pearl necklaces, sunset over the ocean, shot on Agfa Vista 200, 4k --ar 16:9
street style photo of a young woman, red gucci jacket, blue gucci shirt, wide shot, natural lighting, soho, shot on Agfa Vista 200, 4k --ar 16:9

v4 (left) v5 (right)
Street style photo, Closeup shot, Nike Air Force 1 slytherin collab, unique Colorway, snake skin, hogwarts, natural lighting, original, unique, 4k --ar 16:9
elves working in a new york city bodega --ar 3:2
1990s era, photo of a young man, sitting, mechanical keyboard, working, desk, 1990s CRT monitor, monstera, 1 glass of oj, juice, wide shot, side view, natural lighting, home, polaroid, 4k --ar 16:9

v4 (left) v5 (right)
Editorial Style Photo, Off-Center, Mid-Century Modern, Living Room, Eames Lounge Chair, Wood, Leather, Steel, Graphic Wall Art, Bold Colors, Geometric Shapes, Design Within Reach, Track Lighting, Condo, Morning, Playful, Mid-Century Modern, Iconic, 4k --ar 16:9

v4 left v5 right
1940s sci-fi film, wide angle, Ektachrome, a woman leading an army of art-deco style robots, chrome gucci spacesuit, retrofuturistic dusty courtyard, metal, gold, diamond, muted color palette, natural lighting, daytime, retrofuturistic, vintage, retro, 4k --ar 16:9

👈 v4 v5 👉
Editorial style photo, top-down camera shot, blue Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 1963, coastal road, beach, sunny lighting, elegant, refined, iconic, 4k --ar 16:9
Follow me @nickfloats
First vid coming to YouTube this week

I'll be adding to this thread with more cool examples and new prompts.
street style photo of a woman selling pho at a Vietnamese street market, sunset, shot on fujifilm --ar 16:9 --v 5
street style photo of a busy new york city bodega filled with people standing by the deli counter --ar 16:9
Full prompt in ALT

v4 (left) v5 (right) Editorial style photo, medium closeup shot, off - center, a
closeup shot of a woman playing the violin in an orchestra, focused and confident, shot on fujifilm --ar 16:9
Landscape Style Photo, wide angle, Eye - level, Colorful flower foreground, Redwood Trees midground, Mountainous background, Sky and clouds, Lush Natural Colors, Yosemite National Park, Spring, Sunset, 4k, Stunning, Breathtaking --ar 16:9 --seed 180392413

v4 left v5 right
Playing with the aspect ratio

a beautiful drone shot of the New York City Skyline, Rainy Day, overcast --ar 3:1
overhead food photography, Bibimbap, Korean restaurant --ar 16:9
I could go on forever but I’ll spare you for now. I’ll be posting much more over the coming days as I continue to experiment. Follow me @nickfloats for that.

Now im gonna go reshoot some YouTube footage to update everything for v5 😑 channel link in bio, vid coming this week
kodak disposable camera photo of a group of elderly women shopping for colorful spices at a crowded Indian street market, golden hour --ar 16:9 --stylize 0
I started adapting my prompts to v5 and put some examples here if you wanna check them out. Natural language makes a big difference.👇
Some v5 street style prompts testing colors & materials👇

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Nick St. Pierre

Nick St. Pierre Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @nickfloats

Apr 11
Here are 7 pretty good Midjourney prompts & images you can riff on:
Ilford Delta 3200 closeup portrait --chaos 100 --ar 4:5 --style raw --stylize 1000 --weird 3000 --niji 6 --no lamp Image
PET scan of an alien, in the style of positron emission tomography imaging --ar 2:3 --v 6 Image
Read 8 tweets
Mar 27
Text-to-storyboard

I'm really liking the approach @LTXStudio is taking with their video platform

Instead of going clip by clip, you prompt the basic story concept, and it generates an entire storyboard w/ multiple scenes, shots, and even character casting

Full interface tour:
You still have full control at the individual clip level, but the fact it takes the basic idea and turns it into a structured storyboard with multiple scenes and shots you can edit is pretty amazing

This is their character consistency feature
Faceswap feature
Read 9 tweets
Mar 12
A few more consistent character tests in Midjourney

top row → test of --cw values on clothing
middle → seeing how it transfers emotions
bottom → using --cref with different actions

prompts & some notes in thread:Image
MJ default is --cw 100, but try lower --cw values if you plan to specify an outfit different from your reference img

💬 cinestill 800T photo of a woman working at her desk. She's wearing a black shirt and clear lens glasses --ar 5:7 --style raw --cref {img URL} --cw {0,50,100} Image
Here I asked for her in a black dress, so i dropped the --cw value to 0 to transfer just the face and tested different emotions

💬 cinestill 800T photo of a {happy, sad, neutral} woman wearing a black dress sitting on a boat --ar 5:7 --style raw --cref {img URL} --cw 0 Image
Read 5 tweets
Mar 12
Midjourney finally released their consistent character features!

You can now generate images w/ consistent faces, hair styles, & even clothing across styles & scenes

This has been the top requested feature from the community for a while now

Some examples & how it works:
It's similar to the style reference feature, except instead of matching style, it makes your characters match your Character Reference (--cref) image

I used the image on the left as my character reference

Prompts in ALT

Colorized Ilford Delta 3200 closeup portrait --chaos 100 --ar 4:5 --style raw --stylize 1000 --weird 3000 --niji 6
Cinestill 800T film still of a man pitching for the new york yankees --ar 16:9 --style raw --cref {img URL} --cw 100
Cinestill 800T film still of a man at a birthday party --ar 16:9 --style raw --cref {img URL} --cw 50
It also works across image styles, which is pretty sick and very fun to play with

3D rendering of an warrior dressed for battle, in the style of 3D sci-fi animation --ar 16:9 --style raw --cref {img URL} --cw 50
Read 8 tweets
Feb 16
I ran all of the Sora prompts through Midjourney

Interesting how similar some are

side-by-sides against vids:
An extreme close-up of an gray-haired man with a beard in his 60s, he is deep in thought pondering the history of the universe as he sits at a cafe in Paris, his eyes focus on people offscreen as they walk as he sits mostly motionless, he is dressed in a wool coat suit coat...
An adorable happy otter confidently stands on a surfboard wearing a yellow lifejacket, riding along turquoise tropical waters near lush tropical islands, 3D digital render art style. --ar 16:9 --style raw
Read 16 tweets
Jan 29
Try prompting against your moodboards

You can get really incredible results with super simple prompts when paired with a well curated moodboard

Moodboard on the left, prompted images on the right

Prompts below

prompt 1

I used custom zoom on the generated image to adjust aspect ratio to 16:9 Image
prompt 2 Image
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(