Doc Kashmir Profile picture
Mar 25, 2023 10 tweets 4 min read Read on X
A thread on India: 🧵

Fall of a fascist state intoxicated by racial superiority is inevitable:

In this video, Sikhs marched inside the Twitter office in San Francisco to lodge their protest against suspension of Sikh Twitter accounts. ++

Watch 👇
India is facing multiple challenges. Due to its self conceived notion of being a super power & can get away with all the crimes.
But the resistance is coming from all the groups exposing India on international platforms.

Indian Ministry of External Affairs ++
issued a statement against popular Islamic scholar #DrZakirNaik. Naik is currently in Oman to deliver lectures to a large audience. He has a huge following in the Muslim world. Any action against Dr Naik will invite international outrage. But Indian state is living in a ++
fools world. They behave like a watchman of the world which they are not.

Sikh diaspora is protesting against the arrest of Khalistan leader #AmritpalSingh. After bringing down the Indian flag from Indian embassy in London, India officially ++
Watch 👇

lodged a protest against the British government. In retaliation also scaled down security of British diplomats in Delhi.

However this backfired. Indian propaganda media outlet Times Now invited a Australian British professor to its show ++

👇
This is how he schooled the Indian anchor and said, we make panties and undergarments out of our flags. He called Indians hypersensitive creating storm on petty issues.

Watch the fun here 👇

On Kashmir, at Washington DC press clubs, two sponsored Kashmiris of Indian agencies & BJP faced humiliation when less than a dozen people turned to the event. In response Kashmiri diaspora members were kicked out of the hall ++

Watch 👇

At a domestic level, the government of India out of its desperation & fascist policies banned the main opposition leader & popular politician Rahul Gandhi. Mr Gandhi was banned for criticising Indian PM Narendra Modi.

Banning Mr Gandhi has already created outrage ++
in India. The reason given for his ban is not only funny but shows how authoritarian Indian state has become.

As India carries out its atrocities against different groups, it face no accountability. However, its long term consequences will be terrible.
The so called ++
Indian state will fall under its own gravity.

As this happens to India, Kashmiris are keenly watching the circus.

Ends

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Doc Kashmir

Doc Kashmir Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @doc_IOK

Mar 26, 2023
شکوا
The title of my🧵 is Shikwa: In Urdu. Because it is my most loved language.

I am from Indian occupied Kashmir. During my studies in India, I was the only Muslim in my class, rest 79 were Hindus.
My classmates would often start political discussions to provoke me. ++
Since I was/am highly motivated for Kashmirs Azadi,
(Azadi I like to call it because it is a Urdu word. I love Urdu, it is the language of Muslims of subcontinent, but more importantly it connects us with Pakistan). So the discussion would kickstart at a canteen, ++
In library, in the lawns, or inside classroom.
Every time they would drag in Pakistan and eventually Pakistan army. I would defend both, risking myself to get lynched. You know Indian love to lynch Muslims.
In our apartment, we won’t sleep without listening to ++
Read 12 tweets
Mar 26, 2023
How will India force Kashmiri Muslims to leave Kashmir? 🧵

After crushing the political and armed resistance through brute repression, the next move is an assault on our economy. To achieve this, Indian state is targeting us through multiple fronts.

1. Since 2016, the ++
unemployment rate has exponentially grown. The interesting point to notice is that, jobs are announced in small numbers but not filled. This is a smart strategy, it gives people the impression that only competition has increased. Government when asked, refers to 100s of ++
notifications even if some of those notifications contain only one vacancy. Recent example of recruiting assistant professors, against hundreds of vacancies, only few dozen were filled in almost all subjects.
Department of education and police were the two highest ++
Read 17 tweets
Mar 23, 2023
Washington DC: 🧵

A super flop show of Tauseef Raina and Mir Junaid in the United States. Despite a heavy sponsorship by Indian agencies, BJP and Kashmiri Pandit diaspora, only a dozen people attended the talk of Indian stooges.

As per the recordings available ++ Image
with me, the lies peddled by the two stooges include:
whitewashing the Indian state terrorism in Indian occupied Kashmir, gross human rights violations and war crimes committed by the Indian occupational forces which are recorded and documented by international human rights ++ Image
organisations. Denial of rapes by Indian army and denial of Kashmirs disputed nature recognised by the United Nations.

The two stooges blamed Pakistan and pro freedom groups for human rights violations. Portrayed themselves and Kashmiri Pandits as victims of “oppression”. ++
Read 7 tweets
Mar 5, 2023
Role of Kashmiris in Pakistan movement: 🧵

In 1939, Muslim conference (MC) lead by Chaudhari Ghulam Abbas and Sheikh Abdullah was converted into National conference (NC).

Abbas earlier supported this move but later realized that Sheikh was ++

Ghulam Abbas
not interested in the Muslim interests and was adopting the model of Indian National Congress (INC). Sheikh betrayed Abbas on the conditions on which they both agreed to form NC. Therefore Abbas went into political hibernation for two years due to his disillusionment with NC. ++
In 1940, Lahore resolution was adopted.

Since Abbas was more ideologically leaned towards Muslim cause, he got a sense of relief.

In 1942, Abbas as MC president while addressing the first session of MC made it clear that the aim of their organization is to support the ++
Read 17 tweets
Mar 3, 2023
Kashmir March calendar: 🧵

The month of massacres:

March 1, 1990:
Indian army killed 47 Kashmiri Muslims in twin massacres at Zakoora and Tengpora, Srinagar. Image
March 16, 1846:
Whole nation of Kashmir was sold (Treaty of Amritsar Signed). The British government sold Kashmir for a sum of 7.5 million Nanak shahee rupees to Gulab Singh Dogra, a minority Hindu ruler from Jammu region. Image
March 18, 1994:
Indian soldiers reacting to a landmine attack in the village of Mahand of Bijbehara, stopped a bus at random and beat all the passengers, then later cordoned off the village and blew up 3 houses, killing 5 civilians including 3 children.
Read 11 tweets
Feb 25, 2023
Early traces of Islam in Kashmir: 🧵
Before Bulbul Shah:
Some sources reveal that the first Muslim who arrived in Kashmir was a Syrian military general Hamim Ibn Sama. He came to Kashmir in the company of Jasiya, the son of Sidhs Hindu ruler Raja Dāhir. Image
Dāhir had been defeated by the Umayyad forces of Muhammad ibn Qāsim earlier that year, and Jaisiya had fled to Kashmir, seeking refuge. It is unclear why Hamim went with him; the most likely explanation is that Hamim was taken as a prisoner-of-war.

The ruler of Kashmir at
the time was probably Durlabhaka-Pratapaditya II (d. 724) of the Karkota dynasty.

Hamim was warmly welcomed at his court and given a large plot of land, where he built Kashmir’s first mosques. The good treatment was to establish good relationship with the newly arrived Umayyad
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(