Anonymouse Profile picture
Apr 23, 2023 17 tweets 6 min read Read on X
Midjourney - Styles: part 1

Here are 15 different illustration & design styles you can use with Midjourney to give your images a special touch. They can be easily integrated into basic prompts or more complex scenes.

🧵Thread with visual examples 👇 Image
1. Comic book

🗒️Note:

There are, of course, numerous ways to integrate a style into your prompt. Personally, I mainly use these three phrases:

"...comic book style,"

"...in the style of comic book," or

"..., comic book." Image
2. Isometric

A style that uses parallel lines to create a 3D effect, often seen in video game.

🗒️Note:

This style produces better results when the subject of your scene is placed in an environment with more elements.

Left: No environment
Right right: In a house ImageImage
3. Pixel art

A digital art form that uses small colored squares (pixels) to create images, reminiscent of early video game graphics. Image
4. Voxel art

A digital art style that uses three-dimensional pixels (voxels) to create blocky, geometric images and scenes. Image
5. Aboriginal Dot Painting

A traditional Australian Aboriginal art style that uses small dots of paint to create complex patterns and symbolic imagery. Image
6. Stained glass

A design style that uses colored glass pieces, held together by lead or metal strips, to create intricate patterns and images, often found in religious and historic buildings. Image
7. Zentangle

A meditative drawing technique that involves creating patterns and shapes with repetitive, structured lines and curves, often resulting in complex, abstract compositions. Image
8. Collage

A design style that combines different materials, images, and textures to create a new composition, often used in mixed media art. Image
9. Vaporwave

A digital art style inspired by 1980s and 1990s aesthetics, featuring pastel colors, geometric shapes, and nostalgic imagery. Image
10. Psychedelic

A design style characterized by bright colors, abstract patterns, and surreal imagery, often associated with the 1960s counterculture. Image
11. Cyberpunk

A futuristic design style characterized by neon colors, urban settings, advanced technology, and a dystopian aesthetic. Image
12. Gouache

A painting technique that uses opaque watercolors to create images with a matte finish and strong, saturated colors.

🗒️Note:

You can also use the Watercolor style, which produces a similar effect but with softer colors.

Left: Gouache
Right: Watercolor ImageImage
13. Ink wash painting

A traditional East Asian painting technique that uses ink and water to create monochromatic images with varying shades and textures, often featuring landscapes, animals, and plants. Image
14. Whimsical

A playful, imaginative design style that often features fantastical creatures, dreamy landscapes, and unconventional elements. Image
15. Charcoal art

A drawing technique that uses charcoal sticks or pencils to create expressive, richly textured images. Often used for portraiture, landscapes, and still lifes. Image
I had a lot of fun playing with many of these styles and also learned a lot of new ones to add to my toolbox. I hope some of them will be useful to you as well!

Thank you!

#midjourneyv5 #aiart #aiartcommunity

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Anonymouse

Anonymouse Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @TheMouseCrypto

Jul 9, 2023
Midjourney Styles - Part 10

Here are 20 new styles tested with #Midjourney 5.2!

I hope that some of these styles can inspire your creations! 🖌️🎨

🧵Thread with visual examples 👇 https://t.co/QUJKEWwXYqtwitter.com/i/web/status/1…
1. Naive art:

A simplistic style characterized by its childlike approach. The style often features vibrant colors, simplified forms, and exaggerated perspectives. Naive art depicts a wide range of subjects, embodying a sense of joy and authenticity.

2. Autochrome Lumière photography:

Early color photography process developed by the Lumière brothers in the early 20th century. One of the first commercially successful color photography processes. The resulting image had a distinctive, soft, and somewhat grainy appearance.

Read 22 tweets
Jun 25, 2023
Midjourney Styles - Part 9

Here are 20 new styles tested with #Midjourney 5.2!

I hope you'll find some of them useful and inspiring for your own awesome creations!

🧵Thread with visual examples 👇
1. Heat patina:

An artistic technique where heat is applied to metals, such as copper or bronze, to create a specific color transformation on their surface. By subjecting the metal to controlled heat, various shades and hues develop, resulting in a visually captivating effect.

2. Lapidary:

The art of cutting, shaping, and polishing gemstones or other precious stones. It encompasses the entire process of working with these materials, from selecting and acquiring rough stones to transforming them into finished gemstones or decorative pieces.

Read 30 tweets
May 28, 2023
Midjourney Styles - Part 8

Here are 23 new styles tested with #Midjourney 5.1! I hope you'll find some of them useful and inspiring for your own awesome creations!

🧵Thread with visual examples 👇 Image
1. Bento Art:

Involves arranging food in visually appealing compartments. As a style, it enhances aesthetics, creates whimsical food compositions, and showcases culinary creativity.

Other similar styles you can play with: Food Carving Art and Sugar Art. ImageImage
2. Raku Ceramic Art:

Raku generally refers to a type of low-firing process that was inspired by traditional Japanese raku firing. As a style it can simulate crackle glazes, iridescent hues, and smoky patterns. ImageImage
Read 25 tweets
May 21, 2023
Midjourney Styles - Part 7

Here are 21 new styles tested with #Midjourney 5.1!

I hope you'll find some of them useful and inspiring for your own awesome creations!

🧵Thread with visual examples 👇
1. Jewelry art:

Jewelry art represents exquisite ornamentation. When added to an image, it introduces sparkle, varied metal textures, vibrant gemstone hues, and detailed designs.

2. Pietra Dura art:

This art form originated in the ancient Roman times. It involves intricate inlays with polished colored stones. Applied to images, it provides a mosaic-like effect with vibrant and crisp details.
Read 26 tweets
May 14, 2023
Midjourney Styles - Part 6

Here are 23 new styles tested with #Midjourney 5.1!

All the images in this thread have been upscaled for better visual. Feel free to use them if you'd like.

I hope you'll find some of them useful and inspiring!

🧵Thread with visual examples👇 Image
1. Aluminium foil sculpture:

A style that mimics the shiny, textured quality of sculptures made from foil. Applied to an image, it transforms the subject into a metallic, 3D form with unique folds and reflective surfaces. This style adds a modern and industrial chic aesthetic. NOTE: All the images from t...ImageImageImage
2. Cloisonné:

Inspired by ancient metalwork, it uses vibrant colored enamels separated by metal wires. As a style, it turns the subject into a dazzling and luxurious design with intricate patterns, vibrant enamel-like colors, and delicate metal lines. ImageImageImageImage
Read 25 tweets
May 13, 2023
Last night, I dreamt that my sci-fi images generated with #Midjourney had inspired a series on Netflix... I was quite disappointed when I woke up, hahaha! However, I decided to take it a step further and create a small poster for what could have represented the series... 🧵 Image
Even though it's far from perfect, if this series actually existed, I would surely be one of the first to watch it!

Here are a few of the images I created yesterday that I really love... I hope you'll enjoy them too if, like me, you like science-fiction!

1/20 Image
2/20

All the images come from multiple blends. The blend process takes long (for me) but the result always worth the patience in my opinion. Image
Read 21 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(