Paul D. Thacker Profile picture
May 18, 2023 20 tweets 9 min read Read on X
1. Twitter Provided Privileged Access to Banning Queen, Taylor Lorenz #TwitterFiles

Twitter engineer walking me through their reporting system, "Wow! She's a heavy user." Image
2. Shortly after @elonmusk bought Twitter, @TaylorLorenz got apoplectic, writing that Twitter was "opening the gates of hell" by letting banned accounts back.

(Take a wild guess what Taylor did the month prior....) Image
3. The month prior, Taylor Lorenz got this tiny account banned. Surprise!

The account detailed Lorenz as a Manhattan rich girl, who attended Swiss boarding school, and whose uncle owns Internet Archive, thus erasing her past. Image
4. But did @FearTheFloof violate Twitter's rules?

Nope. No ban evasion, abuse, harassment toward Taylor Lorenz, platform manipulation, or the sharing of personal information.

“The account was generally healthy and mostly conversational or commentary in nature.” Image
5. Nonetheless, Twitter suspended the account because it "violates the Twitter Media Policy."

The account then deactivated. Image
6. A month prior to that, Lorenz went after @DrJBhattacharya for tweeting an email by her friend and itinerant blogger @WalkerBragman. Bhattacharya tweeted a harassing email Bragman sent him and it had Bragman's contact info. Image
7. Bragman played this all up on Twitter of course to call attention to himself, retweeting Bhattcharya's tweet, before people made fun of him for "doxing himself."

Manhattan rich kids playing at journalist are easily bruised, it seems. Image
8. Bragman's game is to constantly accuse people of being "Koch funded."

FYI: Soros funded me to give the plenary talk at a 2019 BMJ conference on investigative journalism, but that does not make me a "Soros funded" journalist. Image
9. Several of Lorenz's past reporting targets tell me she seems to work in concert with her sources. After Lorenz doxed @libsoftiktok in the Post, Alejandra Caraballo sent Twitter a "private letter" to remove Libs of TikTok.

Lorenz quoted Caraballo in the Post that next month. Image
10. The letter was sent by Caraballo and several groups including the Center for Countering Digital Hate, a favored source in Lorenz essays on banning. Image
11. I asked Caraballo what came of the meeting w/ Twitter and to see the letter they sent. But got no response. I also don't know if Libs of TikTok was successful in getting Caraballo suspended for harassment.
12. It's hard to understand Lorenz's concerns about doxxing when she has done this so many times herself. Here's one allegation in a defamation lawsuit by @littlemissjacob against Lorenz that is still working it's way through the courts. Image
13. Lorenz had more than special reporting access to get accounts banned. When Tucker Carlson did a piece ridiculing her, Twitter put out an alert-"We need to be careful with her."

I couldn't evidence that Twitter provided this support to other reporters. I never got it. Image
14. Taylor also provided special support to a source in stories she wrote for the Atlantic, NY Times, and recently for the Post. When Jackson Weimer's account was suspended, Lorenz put this in front of Twitter. Image
15. Lorenz has incredibly unorthodox (is that the right word?) reporting tactics. Here's an affidavit signed by someone she quoted in the article about @littlemissjacob

FYI: this person was a minor. Image
16. Here's an affidavit signed by a Lorenz source for a NY Times story about Arya Toufanian Image
17. Toufanian told me he sued Lorenz over the article, and she then began sending messages to gin up a DOJ investigation against him.

This email Lorenz is sending around is for an Assistant US Attorney in NY. Image
18. Toufanian later received a subpoena from the Southern District that reads like a rip and read of Lorenz's article.

The investigation dragged on for 3 years. He recently received this email to pick up his laptop that was confiscated. "I was never charged." Image
19. Neither Lorenz nor Cameron Barr with the Post responded to questions.

Thanks so much to @TexasLindsay_ for helping to collect/organize these #TwitterFiles. Image
20. Read more at @DisInfoChron including source documents beyond #TwitterFiles. disinformationchronicle.substack.com/p/twitter-file… Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Paul D. Thacker

Paul D. Thacker Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @thackerpd

Jun 12
1) A week Fauci was caught lying to NY Times, House investigators catch NIH lying to @statnews' @HelenBranswell & @ScienceMagazine's @jocelynkaiser about virus research.

Will #scicomm writers finally stop protecting NIH?

Let's see the documents!!! pauldthacker.com/blog/#/
2) @sciencemagazine first reported that NIH researcher Bernie Moss planned gain-of-function monkeypox experiments—swapping out genes from various variants—to understand why some are more dangerous or transmissible than others.
3) This article triggered a second Science Magazine story about Moss's dangerous research. The reporter then updated the article with NIAID claiming Moss's research involved clade 2a, not clade 2b monkeypox virus. Image
Read 11 tweets
Jun 10
1) After @cochranecollab Karla Soares-Weiser threw scientists under the bus, she has backtracked on her mask review statement.

Soares-Weiser has still not explained her unprofessional collusion w/ @zeynep
pauldthacker.com/blog/
2) On Friday, Soares Weiser quietly released a statement explaining that she would not be editing the Cochrane review on masks. Her prior March 2023 statement created a maelstrom of misinformation, including a spurious NY Times essay by social media influencer Zeynep Tufekci. Image
3) Tufekci's misleading essay kicked off a defamatory tweet by @Laurie_Garrett who accused the Cochrane scientists of being "bozos" to had confessed to "fraud." Image
Read 15 tweets
May 28
1) WOW!

Tony Fauci's deputy, David Morens, admitted in a hearing he deleted government records and conspired with EcoHealth Alliance's Peter Daszak to restore Daszak's grant.

At the hearing's end, Morens' lawyer whispered to him, "Tie your shoe." pauldthacker.com/blog/Image
2) Morens admitted that he edited a compliance letter Daszak sent to the NIH, edited an EcoHealth Alliance press release after NIH terminated Daszak’s grant, and “put in a word” to the EcoHealth Alliance board when Daszak was worried about being fired.
3) Morens also he would delete emails. Image
Read 8 tweets
May 21
1) History has stopped. Nothing exists except the #COVID narrative—which is always right.

Tulane's John M. Barry printed "Masks Work" nonsense in the @nytopinion that contradicts history and his own book "The Great Influenza." pauldthacker.com/blog/#/
2) John Barry is author of the NY Times bestseller "The Great Influenza" in which he wrote masks were "useless" against influenza. Image
3) But in the NY Times, Barry wrote we know masks work since 1917.

So I did what @katiekings at the NY Times didn't do. I asked Barry where he got that fact. Barry emailed that it comes from a Dr. Joseph Capps JAMA article in 1918.

I found that article. Image
Read 8 tweets
May 13
1) Science historian @equal_ibrium writes that Democrats laid into EcoHealth Alliance's Peter Daszak for reckless virus research.

He then asks if the bureaucracy is trying to make Daszak the fall guy, because more are responsible, especially funders.
tinyurl.com/mkv4uet
2) Democratic Ranking Member, Raul Ruiz, told Daszak in his closing statement. “It is important that you and your organization be held accountable.”
3) Also, why has UNC's Ralph Baric been so slient?

Emails and a deposition show he has been privately outraged about Daszak's BP on dangerous biosafety standards at the WIV and Baric admits a lab accident might have caused the pandemic. Image
Read 7 tweets
May 1
1) Whistleblower says "New Knowledge" cybersecurity firm run by Jonathan Morgan & Renee DiResta trafficked in election disinformation.

Documents show Center for American Progress paid to for Hamilton 68 dashboard caught spreading Russian disinformation. pauldthacker.com/blog/#/
2) New Knowledge filled w/ former NSA agents who explained the game to Betsy Depuis while out for drinks:
NSA cannot violate the Constitution, so they hire contractors to do their dirty work of spying on Americans and censoring them. Image
3) Betsy Depuis was tasked w/ improving the Hamilton 68 dashboard, a job paid for by the Center for American Progress. @mtaibbi later exposed the dashboard spread disinformation, and the Washington Post ran multiple corrections. Image
Read 11 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(