Maria 🦁⚔️ Profile picture
May 22, 2023 24 tweets 20 min read Read on X
So I went to #Target this weekend, and as a fairly fresh “terf”, I found it educational.

This is as long a thread as I’m allowed. Expect typos. Let’s do it.🧵

First off, how ‘bout this pro-mental-illness candle? @Target #targetboycott Image
Here’s the full set. Available at a Target in the Far Suburbs of Chicago at their Pride Propaganda Popup. Since I’m not living in Chicago proper for the time being, I can only imagine what the Targets there look like.

And I WILL be going to city Targets another day. ImageImageImage
But first, let’s take it back a bit, because I went to an even farther Target to start off. I expected this one to be less “woke,” and it was… but not by much. For example, their rainbow alcohol display.

But even inside less-woke Target I noticed something immediately… ImageImage
Aside from the quite obviously adult product of alcohol: All Pride Products and Marketing Is Being Geared Towards Kids @Target

For instance, here’s the kids’ room decor section. Both Targets had these same products and not much else for kids to choose from.

Am I crazy? Lmk. ImageImageImageImage
Truth be told, if it had a rainbow, then I snapped a pic. I wasn’t going to do this at first. But when I noticed the rainbow theme being very pushed upon children, specifically in the “girl” sections, I decided not to hold back. It’s purposeful marketing. ImageImageImageImage
Rainbows have ALWAYS been popular with little girls right…? Right…? … To this degree though, really?

Still just sticking with Target # 1, check out this “Our Generation” doll clothes set Image
Sure, colorful products for girls have always been the norm. But products showcasing the 🌈 symbol, or even using it in their brand name, is new. ImageImageImage
I don’t have children, so idk if this line of products is only available at Target or not. But Target #2 had a whole “Rainbow High” wall. Seems to be a pretty popular brand. ImageImageImageImage
So what, one may say, it’s not overt, and what’s wrong with the rainbow? As a bisexual person, I’d agree with you, but why target children, @Target ? Do they need to be part of this? Because, look, some products *are* overt.

Like this book: “‘Twas the Night Before Pride.” Image
I’ll just leave a few pages here. ImageImageImageImage
Then the book references Stonewall… ImageImageImageImage
And here’s the ending.

What do you think? Do children need a book like this?

I don’t have children of my own, I’m just a former teacher, so I’m asking you. ImageImageImageImage
Let’s mosey on over to the Pride Popup in Target # 1, which was tucked away and dimly lit up front, at the end of the store, next to tucked away storage… @Target knows which towns don’t have a lot of “Pride.”

“Just be you and feel the love” ? 🤨

I left after I took these… ImageImageImageImage
And wound up at Target # 2 in the next town over, & a more “woke” area, where the candles from the top came from.

This Target’s girls’ section *really* liked rainbows… ImageImageImageImage
Much 🌈 🤡 … ImageImageImageImage
Here’s something interesting: every single mannequin on display in the kids’ clothing sections featured a rainbow. ImageImageImageImage
Could it be that @Target corporate suggests this marketing tactic to their managers and employees?

I have never worked in retail. Is that a plausible explanation? Image
Rainbow… rainbow everything …. 🌈

Oh My Ford 🤡 ImageImageImageImage
BUT FINALLY, let’s get to Target # 2’s Pride Popup. Is where it gets good. ImageImageImageImage
Welcome to our cult where “Queers Take Care of Each Other”

#SpreadtheLove ! ! ! ImageImageImageImage
More products for children. The first one made me gasp. ImageImageImageImage
They don’t want children to trust their parents, if you haven’t noticed. ImageImageImageImage
These particularly and personally offended me. So much so, in fact, that I went back today and bought the deck, which was the last one, and I may or may not make a rant-y video or post about it. Better I buy it than some local 15 y/o girl. Appalled @ the fusing TQ+ & spirituality ImageImageImageImage
But alas, when I went back today to buy the deck, I saw this, positioned just as you see it in the pic, adjacent to the Propaganda Popup Prop. I couldn’t help but think it must be the work of a fellow terf. There is hope yet for the children so long as we stay aware. #WomanKind Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Maria 🦁⚔️

Maria 🦁⚔️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(