Darling Nisi Profile picture
Jun 7, 2023 โ€ข 8 tweets โ€ข 3 min read โ€ข Read on X
On our way to HQ! #PrinceCelebration2023 Image
I'll take the nod, lol. "17 days..."๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ Image
Wheels up! Going to binge some #AmericanBornChinese episodes (an AMAZING series on Disney+ btw). We'll see what MSP has for us when we get there! ๐Ÿ’œ
Nice touch! Around the airport welcoming us! ๐Ÿ’œ twitter.com/i/web/status/1โ€ฆ
Merch updates in the store at the airport.
Registration.
What was in the VIP Pearl packet Image
Got my pizza. ๐Ÿ’œ Image

โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
ใ€€

Keep Current with Darling Nisi

Darling Nisi Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @darlingnisi

Jul 21
If you're a fan of something, enjoy it. Be IN JOY when something validates how you experience yourself. Life is tough. We need things that help us feel seen in ways that make us feel good. ๐Ÿ’œ #darlingmusings ๐Ÿงต
Being more more immersed in Star Wars than usual made me realize how stagnant our fandom is. Like look at what fans are making just from being inspired by a show that resonates with them!

Folks in our bubble are more podcast/message board/meetup based. Which is fine, but you have to know about them to know how to engage them. I've learned so much just scrolling down my timeline here checking out what Acolyte fans are talking about.

Read 9 tweets
Jul 12
I feel like I'm less triggered by whatever drama is happening in the Prince fandom because I'm in a lot of other fandoms where there are millions more active participants... And it's all the same issues. #darlingmusings
Literally, It's the same issues over and over and over. Fundamentalists don't like it when new stuff comes along because their tie to the object is associated with a specific time in their own history. Anything that differentiates from that is the subject deviating.
For Star Wars, The fundamentalists don't like anything that deviates from the Skywalker story and Jedi = good always.

For Anne of Green Gables, folks hate the Netflix series because it is closer the to the actual historical record of what was happening at that time.
Read 6 tweets
Jul 7
A legendary celebration win would be having @tevincampbelll as a guest at @PaisleyPark next year.

#GoldExperince30 - He released Shhh first

#AGoofyMovie30 - His Powerline songs were produced at Paisley Park

A concept ๐Ÿงต Image
He could talk about working with Prince on I'm Ready. We can literally listen to Prince coaching him through those songs. We've heard Prince doing this at previous Celebrations.

Tevin could do a whole concert with NPG backing him because they did for the Prince penned songs on I'm Ready.

Read 6 tweets
Jun 26
Please! There's still time to plan for a push around this next year the people want this era! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ
Like I'm not expecting an SDE. Those take years to plan and it would be tricky to do because of the way things were around this time and the albums that came out however....

Can we reissue The Beautiful Experience or just get it on streaming?

Can we reissue The Beautiful Experience movie with Nona Gaye and get it on YouTube? Can we interview her about this time if she's willing to share? I know it was a difficult time for her... They can be snippets on social media.

Can we create an online immersive presence around The Gold Experience so we can have our own experience like Nona did looking at unreleased clips of Prince on our Endorphinmachines and eating pizza in the privacy of our own homes like she did?

Can we get an official podcast on this era?

For the podcast can we tap into the Glam Slam experiences around this era especially the dance folks and people who were designing clothes for P during this time? Cc : @imisshimpodcast

Can we talk to Carmen Electra? She's very active still and a main focus of Glam Slam Ulysses? (Actually can we get that with 30 years of come later this year ๐Ÿ‘€)

Can we get Tevin at Celebration next year as a guest playing with NPG I know that I'm Ready album came out before this but... That's NPG playing behind him on those songs Prince wrote for that album. Shhh...and others...

Can we reunite the configuration of the NPG during these years to recreate one of the Glam Slam shows with Mayte, Prince on the big screen style for Celebration?

Can we get an actual immersive experience to celebrate this album's 30th anniversary next year at Paisley? Keyword on experience. Like deep engagement immersive sensual all five senses experience inside the wells of the museum.

Can I get my shirt reissued (see below... I don't care if you already have one this is for me and those of us who don't ๐Ÿ˜‚)

I know I have a bias for later years this is a really good era and I feel like in the deeper fandom it's one of the only eras we can all agree on... And an era that deserves much more attention for the music that was coming out during this time. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’›

A LOOP DON'T MATTER IF THE SAMPLE DON'T FIT!Image
Dropping the needle on this yet again as soon as it gets dark here. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’› Image
Read 4 tweets
Jun 23
Looks like they got quite the show at #Celebration2024 tonight. Taj Farrant repping for #TheNextPowerGeneration at only 15 years old. Can you name the songs he's playing?
You should follow @princeanddonuts on the other place! She has been giving updates about #celebration2024 this whole time! She even interviewed @hausoftheo about what it was like to win the sweepstakes!
This was a really cool collab between @princeanddonuts and a past official Prince sweepstakes winner Atarah J who operates as IG:princeUniversity.

Would be a cool concept to do this officially like Prince did back in the day with the daily reports. ๐Ÿ’œ
Read 4 tweets
Jun 23
So a bit more context about this and why I reacted the way I did when I saw. My interest in Japan started with anime, specifically Sailor Moon because I used to always watch it at my grandmother's house (She passed away when I was 11. She was my deceased father's mother).

Then I found it again on the USA channel back in the '90s and I would watch it all the time at home. That was my doorway to anime which became a refuge for me in middle school and it also introduced me to KPop, JPop, Japanese spirituality all these things literally in middle school. I subscribed to magazines like @TOKYOPOP, I read about different types of spirituality that came out of that country...like everything about Japan was super interesting to me and I always felt this weird tie to that land.

Sometimes I be doing a little dabbling in spirituality and I had a past life reading once that said that I allegedly had a lifetime there (I did not mention any of my connection to Japan at all before this reading by the way) and it was in a role where I was introducing people to Japanese culture. Like I was allegedly Japanese myself and when people would visit from the West I would be part of the delegation to introduce them to cultural things to help other people get to know the culture better.

I did not challenge the reading because I'm not entirely sure how much I believe in it but it resonated because there's just an unexplainable tie that I have there.

So to see that my essay about connecting my favorite artist Prince to my American Black heritage was translated in Japanese for folks who are from there is an actual mind boggling acknowledgment from the universe for me. Like when I say I sobbed when I saw this post I literally did for a good 10 minutes because it means the world to me for real.

My essay was translated in Japanese... For a country I have a unexplainable tie to, the concert that is included in this set happened on my father's 40th birthday. Prince's Diamonds and Pearls was my entry into understanding that Prince was more than an ordinary musician... He was someone that was going to accelerate my development in understanding my own motivations and how I operate in the world.

I am absolutely humbled. ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿ’œ

And I really need to make it to Japan to know how it feels in person because I have unexplainable tie that simply cannot be explained! ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต
Ordered a copy of the set (used because I literally have several already and that's a lot of money) I hope it actually includes the translation. As soon as I saw I messaged @polishedsolid @SlingshotAnnie @Duane_Tudahl like OMG DID YOU GUYS KNOW ABOUT THIS?!?! ๐Ÿ˜ญ
While my personal reasons for feeling a way about this are a lot, what's more important is that all of our writings for the Diamonds and Pearls book got translated for an entirely different culture to consume.
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(