Christopher Webb Profile picture
Jun 10, 2023 10 tweets 6 min read Read on X
Art Can Change The World…
A VISUAL 🧵

I just visited #MOCO Amsterdam and wanted to share some of my experience. If you like modern art, have a 👀 — maybe over morning coffee or an afternoon glass of wine.

Starting with my favorite piece of the day.
“The Gun Chronicles” A story… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
“The Gun Chronicles”
[A story of America, 2018] ImageImageImageImage
Another favorite…
“The Future Is Old”
[artist: The Kid 2018-2019]

Part of his series sparked by the 2017 events in Charlottesville. ImageImage
This was my daughter’s favorite.

“Ruth Walking in Ball Gown”
[artist: Julian Opie 2008]
“Keep It Real” Monkey
[artist: Banksy 2003]

Authenticated by pest control 🤣 ImageImage
“The Battle of the Beanfield”
[artist: Banksy 2009]

I think I would have liked the pink flowers.
🔈 up twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
“Love Is In the Air”
[artist: Banksy 2003]

Forward thinking and before its time.
“The Flower Thrower is a giant f* ck YOU” ImageImage
“Moon”
[artist: Vexx 2022] twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
“The Bitcoin Bull”
[artist: Trevor Jones 2020]

Spy the Twitter cameo. twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
“Dream”
[artist: Icy and Sot 2018]

Brothers, Iranian and international artists
🔈 up twitter.com/i/web/status/1…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Christopher Webb

Christopher Webb Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @cwebbonline

May 19
Clearly there’s work to do, but I don’t believe for one second that Black voters are going to vote for Trump in significantly larger numbers than we did in 2020, which was minimal.

However, there is a valid concern about Black voters sitting this one out that should be raising alarm bells. There’s a lot of important points made in this segment, and I’d like to add a few….

Sitting this one out hurts us and helps no one. If you don’t think the Biden-Harris administration is tuned into the issues the community cares about, or they’re not helping with the issues that affect us, get curious and look into what they’ve been doing on your own because the media is not going to tell us about it.

Look for resources that have been put in place that will benefit you, your families and let folks know. They’re out there, but aren’t waiting at our doorstep.

Also the media is the same as just about everything else in life. The negative is an essay, the positive is a sentence. The negative catches our attention more and Trump is a master at that. He’s playing us.

Many don’t think we should vote for a candidate because we’re against the other candidate. I get it, but opposition is one huge reason why our vote has been so powerful for generations. Remember, Republicans don’t want us to vote for a reason. Not only will Trump not help us, he will harm us with intention.

Sharing some things in the 🧵 that the Biden-Harris administration have done. Things that we don’t hear about on the nightly news.
Speaking of Detroit. Check out this separate thread of #KamalaHarris’s remarks highlighting what the Administration is doing to help businesses and folks in the community.
Student loan debt — I personally know folks who had debt forgiven. This happened because of Joe Biden. Republicans fought against it, even after having their own PPP loans forgiven. Trump is against student loan forgiveness.
Read 8 tweets
Apr 7
#Spoiler4Trump
Rita Palma, NYS director for RFK Jr’s campaign, gives away the playbook for the campaign’s mission — it’s shady AF‼️

@ritamollerpalma openly admits the plan is take electoral votes from Biden in blue states, in order to force a contingent election so that the Republican controlled House elects our next president — Donald Trump.
#Spoiler4Trump
Rita Palma’s X post mirrors her remarks on video. Image
Rita Palma listed as one of the hosts for an upcoming fundraiser on RFK’s campaign website. Image
Read 5 tweets
Feb 24
There’s a lot to be disgusted by here, but do not overlook the fact that Christian nationalist language is being used to justify the death of a non-binary student — with absolute authority & confidence.
———

During a public legislative panel forum, Oklahoma State Sen Tom Woods (R) said:

“I represent a constituency that doesn’t want that filth in Oklahoma. You know we are a religious state. We are going to fight and keep that filth out of the state of Oklahoma because we’re a Christian state…”

This was in reply to a constituent calling out that a 16-year-old (Nex Benedict) died after being beaten at Owasso High School. She also linked Nex’s beating to Oklahoma’s anti-LGBTQ legislation.
🧵
1/ There is no such thing as a Christian state in this free country of ours.

2/Tom Woods is no stranger to violence himself…
Christian nationalism is rising, and we should be alarmed by it. Trump as president will use it in his policies. Not because he believes in it, but because it will give him the authoritarian support he requires to expand and maintain power.
Read 4 tweets
Jan 30
History does not repeat itself, but it often rhymes…

JANUARY 30, 1933
#Project1933
Our friend @thetonymichaels sees what’s coming. Do you?

But the more important question is, what are you going to do about it?!

We can’t just beat Trump in November, we have to destroy him at the ballot box in numbers too massive to deny. No big lie in 2025‼️

Folks, @RachelBitecofer @MPLSKerrBear @MamaSissieSays @cardon_brian and I are collaborating on the #Project1933. Over the coming months, we will show you the danger ahead by shining a spotlight on the past.
Read 5 tweets
Dec 17, 2023
AFRICAN AMERICANS WILL NOT BE THE REASON FOR A TRUMP WIN‼️

📌 No Democrat running for president has won the white vote since 1964.

Pay attention to the way we vote, not the polls. Despite the narrative the polls are painting, Black folks are still the most loyal voting block in the Democratic Party. Black women #1, Black men #2.

Let’s talk about it…
🧵
@harrisonjaime
What about Black voters who are turned off by what they believe Joe Biden hasn’t gotten done? Has he forgotten us?

The truth is — President Biden is not king, but has proven he’s on our side and has taken action along with VP Harris to get results despite Republican obstruction.
@harrisonjaime
@CapehartJ Black men are not a monolith, but we will NOT vote for Donald Trump. Period!

We want our voices to be heard, our issues addressed and not taken for granted.
Read 5 tweets
Dec 15, 2023
It happens to Black women in Florida too‼️

Anya Cook had a pre-term rupture of the membrane, which causes significant complications. “[The doctor] told me in that very moment that you can get an infection, possibly sepsis and die. The nurse asked if she could pray for me.”

According to Florida’s abortion ban, she wasn’t sick enough yet and was sent home. She ended up delivering her daughter, in a hair salon toilet. As she was rushed to the hospital, paramedics told her she was bleeding out.

🚨 In April of 2022 Florida passed a 15-week abortion ban. A year later, the ban was expanded to 6-weeks.
🧵
Black women are 2.6X more likely to die during pregnancy & childbirth. They report being dismissed, overlooked & ignored during childbirth & by medical institutions generally when it comes to maternal care. Add that to Florida’s heartbeat ban — disaster!
theguardian.com/us-news/2023/j…
Wednesday, People magazine published an article on Anya’s story, including a link to the Nightline interview.
people.com/woman-denied-a…
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(