HC Profile picture
Jun 17, 2023 25 tweets 8 min read Read on X
A thread on 15 signings I feel would be a good fit for Morecambe - with only six players currently at the club, I did 15 more potential signings - in my opinion my best thread(🧵) #morecambe #mfc #shrimps
After speaking and taking a deeper dive into Morecambe FC and seeing that Morecambe currently only have six players registered for the upcoming season means they’ll need at-least 15 signings in the next couple of months.
s
I did a smaller thread with five players and I’m going to add a further 15 players who I think Morecambe could/should sign - it’s a mixture of experience and youth but I can’t help but feel this isn’t a healthy way of running a club
I think Derek Adams has been left with an improbable task, Morecambe board are going to have to support him early and bring in signings for pre season so at-least he has time to work with the squad.
Players already listed in previous thread

𝗚𝗞 - Oliver Byrne
𝗙𝗕 - Connor Barrett
𝗖𝗠 - Yann Songo’o
𝗖𝗠/𝗔𝗠 - Aaron Bennett
𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥 - Jonny Smith
PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT FOR 2023/24

Donald Love, Max Melbourne, Farrend Rawson, Jake Taylor, Jacob Bedeau, Adam Mayor
So let’s get into the thread and see who I think could be suitable signings for Derek Adams and Morecambe.
Starting with 𝗥𝗕 𝗗𝗮𝗻 𝗣𝗶𝗸𝗲, he’s recently been released by Blackburn after being rated highly it didn’t quite work out - he enjoyed a decent loan spell at Fylde last season and think he would be a good signing for Morecambe. Image
Next we have a versatile forward who can play 𝗔𝗠, 𝗟𝗪, 𝗥𝗪 and that’s 𝗕𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗹𝘆 𝗟𝘂𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗮, he has recently been released by Blackpool, however knows L2 well after spells with Crawley, Northampton and Colchester. Image
Now we go to a veteran 𝗖𝗕 who is 𝗡𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗖𝗮𝗻𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗻 he has played under Adams at Plymouth and Bradford and made over 350 games between L1 and L2, Morecambe need plenty of signings and I think the experience of Niall would be an excellent signing. Image
I think this one is one I would perhaps like to see rather than a chance of happening, and that’s 𝗖𝗠 𝗕𝗲𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗻. A good ball playing midfielder who is currently a F/A and I think would be a shrewd signing for many L2 clubs. Image
Another 𝗖𝗠 up next and that’s 𝗠𝗮𝘅 𝗦𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀, a player who I think would be brilliant in L2. I do believe he has the ability to play higher but he needs consistent game time to showcase his abilities. Image
Another versatile player who operates usually in 𝗔𝗠, 𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 or even as a 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗸𝗲𝗿 and that’s 𝗥𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗛𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗻. He has played some of his best football in L2 and I think at 25 year old he has a mixture of experience and quality at this level. Image
A young 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿, who I’ve watched lots of in the last season is 𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗻 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝘀𝗼𝗻. I would be surprised if he wasn’t signed by a L2 team, he’s only 20 and was one of Scunthorpe’s better players in a poor season. Again he’s versatile can operate anywhere in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
This one could be a very difficult one due to the geography of his previous clubs but if possible I think it would be a good addition, and that’s 𝗟𝗕 𝗥𝘆𝗮𝗻 𝗟𝗮𝘄 I think he would thrive under Derek Adams. Image
This one could be another longshot as I imagine they’re a few L2 teams in for him, however 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘀 who can play 𝗥𝗕 and 𝗖𝗠 would be a fine signing for Morecambe if possible. Wouldn’t have to relocate and would be a welcomed signing. Image
A prolific goalscorer who enjoyed a fine loan spell at Walsall and has now been released by Mansfield. 𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗻𝘆 𝗝𝗼𝗵𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗻 the 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗸𝗲𝗿 scored 15 goals in 30 Walsall games and is now without a club. Would be a brilliant signing for Morecambe. Image
A tenacious 𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗿 who loves a tackle and has played over 250 games in the middle of the park for Walsall and that’s 𝗟𝗶𝗮𝗺 𝗞𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮. He would add that bite, experience and quality to the team. Image
If Morecambe was to take the experienced route for a 𝗚𝗞 then I think 𝗕𝗲𝗻 𝗚𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝘁 would be a fine option for them, has plenty of experience across L1/L2 and is now without a club. Image
Defender 𝗥𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝘆 who has so far struggled to get consistent game time in his career, however when he did play for Salford last season - looked a good player and if he could stay fit would be a top 𝗖𝗕. Image
𝗝𝗼𝗲𝗹 𝗦𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗿 who has just been released by Carlisle after they reached promotion to L1 would be a fantastic signing for Morecambe. He is a 𝗙𝗕 but can also operate as a 𝗪𝗕 in a back five. Image
Finally 𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘂𝗺 𝗔𝗶𝗻𝗹𝗲𝘆 the 𝗖𝗠 who has played over 250 games for his boyhood club Crewe has now been released. I think he would be a fine addition to Morecambe if possible, but I imagine he has interest elsewhere Image
𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲

𝗗𝗮𝗻 𝗣𝗶𝗸𝗲 - 𝗥𝗕
𝗕𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗹𝘆 𝗟𝘂𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗮 - 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿
𝗡𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗖𝗮𝗻𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗻 - 𝗖𝗕
𝗕𝗲𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗻 - 𝗖𝗠
𝗠𝗮𝘅 𝗦𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀 - 𝗖𝗠
𝗥𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗛𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗻 - 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿
𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗻 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝘀𝗼𝗻 -… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Obviously just ideas and my opinion, however whoever Morecambe sign like I mentioned above I think it needs to be done early.

Thanks for reading
Accept my apologies for the Garratt shout. 🤣

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with HC

HC Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @HCfootball01

Mar 18
Ben Sheaf, how he’s become one of the very best players in the championship (🧵)

#pusb
Ben Sheaf is a central midfielder for Championship side Coventry City, I want to look into detail why he’s so good and what he does so well, also start by looking at his career as a whole.
Ben Sheaf started his youth career at West Ham for a short spell at only 13, before joining Arsenal a couple of seasons after.
Read 22 tweets
Mar 13
Michael Skubala Pressing implemented from Futsal to Football.

(🧵)

#WeAreImps Image
If you haven’t on the FA Learning on YouTube, they’ve got a mini series of him hosting a conference talking through and leading a futsal session, it’s a fantastic watch.
In futsal the main take away is that it’s highly technical based, it’s small court, it’s about movement, technicality & when you’re off the ball how can you put the opposition team under so much pressure?
Read 17 tweets
Jan 30
Despite the fantastic FA Cup story, why is George Elokobi a very good manager (🧵)

#maidstone Image
Whenever the name George Elokobi is mentioned I instantly remember him at Wolves with the likes of Ebanks Blake and Kevin Doyle, his character as a footballer has transferred over to his manager too.
But I want to explain why although it’s a brilliant story, why in my opinion he’s becoming a very good football coach and will attract interest very soon.
Read 20 tweets
Jan 11
Who is Victor Torp, and what should Coventry fans expect? (🧵)

#pusb
Player profile

Name - Victor Torp
Position - 6/8
Age - 24
Club - Sarpsborg 08
Nationality - 🇩🇰
Direct Free-Kick taker.
I actually came across Victor when I ran a metric to find the best players in position in Denmark and Norway and he popped up as one of the best midfielders in Europe at the minute in terms of overall statistical score.
Read 21 tweets
Aug 24, 2023
Brandon Williams to Ipswich Town? What can Ipswich fans expect #itfc Image
Brandon Williams is a FB for Manchester United who looks to be edging closer to a move to Ipswich Town on loan with an option to buy.
I’ve watched Brandon for a couple of years now, at Old Trafford and Leigh Sports Village, and he’s a player I’ve always wanted to be successful.
Read 13 tweets
Jun 19, 2023
Players I would like to see York City sign this summer. #ycfc #yorkcity

As always feel free to comment or DM a team and positions. (🧵)

Positions

𝗟𝗕
𝗖𝗕
𝗖𝗗𝗠
𝗖𝗠/𝗔𝗠
𝗦𝗧 Image
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗲𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗟𝗮𝘁𝘁𝘆 - 𝗙𝗮𝗶𝗿𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

𝗣𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 - 𝗟𝗕
𝗔𝗴𝗲 - 𝟮𝟬

A player I really like, versatile - good on the ball, good defensively and offensively needs regular game time and think #YCFC can offer this. Image
𝗥𝗵𝘆𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘁𝘁

𝗣𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 - 𝗖𝗕
𝗔𝗴𝗲 - 𝟯𝟭

The experienced CB who has just suffered relegation with Rochdale is looking for a new club and i think #YCFC would welcome his arrival, he’s a good no nonsense defender and has experience across L1 and L2. Image
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(