Abdullฤh Amฤซn Profile picture
Dec 26, 2023 โ€ข 25 tweets โ€ข 14 min read โ€ข Read on X
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐Ÿงต | ๐’๐’๐’ ๐‘ด๐’–๐’”๐’๐’Š๐’Ž ๐‘บ๐’„๐’‰๐’๐’๐’‚๐’“๐’” & ๐’‰๐’Š๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’Š๐’‚๐’๐’” ๐‘ท๐’“๐’‚๐’Š๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘จ๐’„๐’„๐’–๐’“๐’‚๐’„๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘ฐ๐’”๐’ฤ๐’Ž๐’Š๐’„ ๐’‰๐’Š๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’Š๐’‚๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… สฟ๐’Š๐’๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’-๐’‰๐’‚๐’…๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ (๐’‰๐’‚๐’…๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐‘บ๐’„๐’Š๐’†๐’๐’„๐’†)

1/25 Image
1- ๐‘จ๐’”๐’‚๐’… ๐‘น๐’–๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’Ž:

a distinguished Lebanese Christian historian, renowned professor of Arab history at the American University of Beirut , and one of the pioneers of historical research in the modern era.

2/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asad_Rustโ€ฆ

According to sources, he was the first to be awarded the title "Doctor of History" in the Arab world from the University of Chicago , He published more than 15 books related to the history of the Middle East.

3/25
Asad Rustum praised the science of Hadฤซth in his book "Mustalah al-Tarikh" and he based his book on the foundations established by Muslim scholars for preserving the Hadฤซth of the Prophet Muแธฅammad ๏ทบ.

4/25 Image
He writes in page 7 of his book:
โ the first to systematize the criticism of historical narratives and establish rules for it were Islamic religious scholars. They were compelled to take great care in dealing with the sayings and actions of the Prophet ...โž

5/25 Image
โ to comprehend the Quran and administer justice. They asserted, "It is nothing but revelation revealed; what is recited from it is the Quran, and what is not recited is the Sunnah." They diligently engaged in collecting, studying, and scrutinizing the traditions..โž

6/25 Image
โ enriching the field of history with enduring principles that remain in both their essence and foundation to be respected in scholarly circles to this dayโž

7/25 Image
He praised the Maliki Muslim scholar Al-Qฤแธฤซ สฟIyฤแธ

for his works in the filed, saying there's nothing on its level even today!

This is On page 11 of his book.

8/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qadi_Iyad
He also writes in page 61 of his book:
โAnd with more admiration and appreciation, it is noteworthy what the scholars of hadith have achieved over the centuries in this field. Here are some excerpts from their compilations....โž

9/25 Image
โ..... presented in Their own words , acknowledging their meticulous scholarly precision and contribution to historiographyโž

10/25
2- ๐‘ด๐’‚๐’“๐’๐’–๐’ ๐‘จ๐’ƒ๐’ƒ๐’๐’–๐’…:
Maroun Abboud , a well known Lebanese poet and writer :

In his book ููŠ ุงู„ู…ุฎุชุจุฑ page 174 he talked about Asad Rustum's book on the science of Hadฤซth and he praised it and basically agreed with his praise and views on it.

11/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroun_Abโ€ฆ

3 - ๐‘ซ๐’‚๐’—๐’Š๐’… ๐‘บ. ๐‘ด๐’‚๐’“๐’ˆ๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’•๐’‰

David S. Margoliouth says on "๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ˆ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐œ ๐‡๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐š๐ง๐ฌ & ๐ˆ๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ ๐’๐œ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง ๐‡๐š๐๐ข๐ญ๐ก".
reference : Lectures on Arabic Historians, page 20.

12/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Samโ€ฆ

4- ๐‘ฉ๐’†๐’“๐’๐’‚๐’“๐’… ๐‘ณ๐’†๐’˜๐’Š๐’”

Jewish Historian, Bernard Lewis on the critical consciousness of Sunni Muslim Historians and Hadith scholars, and the superiority of Traditional Sunni Hadith science.

Reference: Islam in history page 105.

13/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Lโ€ฆ
5- ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’‰๐’ ๐‘ซ๐’‚๐’—๐’†๐’๐’‘๐’๐’“๐’•

โIt may be truly affirmed that of all known legislators and conquerors, not one can be named, the history of whose life has been written with greater authenticity and fuller detail, than that of Mohammedโž

14/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Daveโ€ฆ

6- ๐‘ฉ๐’๐’”๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’•๐’‰ ๐‘บ๐’Ž๐’Š๐’•๐’‰

He writes on how in Islฤm we have History and how what's historical can be easily distinguished from what's not and that we know about the prophet Muแธฅammad๏ทบ just as we know about famous figures like Luther and Milton

15/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald_โ€ฆ

7- ๐‘ช๐’‚๐’“๐’ ๐‘ฉ๐’“๐’๐’„๐’Œ๐’†๐’๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’

In his book "history of the Islamic peoples" page 66 (in my arabic translation of the book) he says the Muslims narrated the actions and sayings of the prophet ๏ทบ with accuracy and in details.

16/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Brocโ€ฆ

8- ๐‘ฎ๐’†๐’๐’“๐’ˆ๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’…๐’‚๐’

In his book ุชุงุฑูŠุฎ ุงู„ุชู…ุฏู† ุงู„ุฅุณู„ุงู…ูŠ volume 3 under the heading ุงู„ู†ุณุงุจูˆู† ุงู„ุนุฑุจ he praised the accuracy, scrutiny ,and strong memorization of Muslims in regards to their religious narrations

17/25 hindawi.org/contributors/4โ€ฆ
ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%AC%D8โ€ฆ

9- ๐’‹๐’‚๐’„๐’’๐’–๐’†๐’” ๐’“๐’Š๐’”๐’๐’†๐’“

In his book "La civilisation arabe" [the Arab civilization] page 39 [in my arabic translation because i don't know French (: ] he (the professor) talks about how the Ahadฤซth of the prophet ๏ทบ went through much scrutiny to ensure accuracy.

18/25
10- ๐‘จ.๐‘ฑ ๐‘จ๐’“๐’ƒ๐’†๐’“๐’“๐’š

A.J arberry writes:
โwe have good reason to accept, the sayings of Muแธฅammad ๏ทบ recorded in the books of Traditions as substantially authenticโž
the Holy Koran : an introduction with selections by A.J Arberry pages 31, 32

19/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Joโ€ฆ

11- ๐‘จ. ๐‘ฒ๐’†๐’—๐’Š๐’ ๐‘น๐’†๐’Š๐’๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’•

20/25 faculty-directory.dartmouth.edu/kevin-reinhart

12- ๐‘จ๐’๐’๐’š๐’” ๐‘บ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’“

Also See:

21/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloys_Sprโ€ฆ

13- ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’‰๐’ ๐‘ฉ๐’–๐’“๐’•๐’๐’
In his book "introduction to Hadฤซth"

22/25
14- ๐‘ต๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’‚ ๐‘จ๐’ƒ๐’ƒ๐’๐’•๐’•

23/25 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabia_Abbโ€ฆ

15- ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐‘ญรผ๐’„๐’Œ

German Orientalist Johann Fรผck (d. 1974) in defense of the isnad in hadith.
See:

24/25
Check this short thread out as well:

I think that's enough for now , All praise be to Allฤh ๏ทป, and peace and blessings upon our beloved prophet Muแธฅammad ๏ทบ

ูˆ ุงู„ุณู„ุงู… ุนู„ูŠูƒู….

25/25

โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
ใ€€

Keep Current with Abdullฤh Amฤซn

Abdullฤh Amฤซn Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @abduallah_amin

Aug 16
Read this wisdom | short thread ๐Ÿงต

Al-Jahiz said:

"Tell me about God, the Almighty. Could He not have punished the Canaanites, the tyrants, the Pharaohs, the descendants of the giants from the lineage of 'Ad and Thamud, and the people of arrogance and obstinance, with demons,
then with the rebellious jinn, then with the powerful spirits, then with the angels entrusted by God with driving the clouds, controlling the tides, seizing the souls of the living, overturning the lands, and commanding the water and the wind, the stars and the fires
the lions and the tigers, the elephants, camels, and buffaloes, the vipers and serpents, the scorpions and crawling creatures, the eagles and vultures, the crocodiles and dolphins?

So why did He choose to punish them with locusts, lice, and frogs?
Read 10 tweets
Aug 13
Fakhr al-Dฤซn al-Rฤzฤซ, in his renowned Tafsir Mafฤtiแธฅ al-Ghayb (Keys to the Unseen), elucidates that Sลซrah Al-Masad encompasses three prophecies concerning the future. | thread ๐Ÿงต Image
These verses contain knowledge of the unseen from three aspects: the first is the prophecy of ruin and defeat of abu Lahab, which has been fulfilled. Image
The second prophecy is the prophecy about his (Abu Lahabโ€™s) inability to benefit from his wealth or his children, which also came to pass. Abลซ Rฤfiสฟ, a freedman of the Prophet ๏ทบ, narrated: "I was a young servant of al-โ€˜Abbฤs ibn โ€˜Abd al-Muแนญแนญalib when Islam entered our home.
Read 12 tweets
Aug 13
Fakhr al-Dฤซn al-Rฤzฤซ in his Tafsir Mafฤtiแธฅ al-Ghayb (Keys to the Unseen) elaborated on how [Qurสพฤn 2:24] proves the miracle of the Qurสพฤn in four ways | thread ๐Ÿงต
Regarding the statement of Allah, the Most High: "But if you do notโ€”and you will never be able toโ€”" know that this verse indicates the miraculous nature of the Qurสพฤn from four perspectives: Image
The first is that we know through widespread consensus that the Arabs were intensely hostile towards the Messenger of Allah ๏ทบ and were extremely keen to nullify his message. The fact that they had separated from their lands and families and sacrificed their lives and souls
Read 14 tweets
Aug 7
Atheism is an acquired position and children are naturally inclined to have a theistic worldview.

[An *Academic* Thread ๐Ÿงต] Image
ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุงู„ุฑุญู…ู† ุงู„ุฑุญูŠู…

Prophet Muแธฅammad ๏ทบ, stated that every child is born upon ุงู„ูุทุฑุฉ โ€œal-fiแนญrahโ€ (The innate disposition) to Worship God.

But later his Parents (i.e surrounding) influence him to adopt false beliefs and false ideologies. Image
One of the arguments made against the atheist position is that God as a concept is a self-evident truth. That means the concept is accepted without demanding evidence.

Some other examples of self-evident truths:

- human rationality is valid
- causality
- the past is real, etc.
Read 14 tweets
Aug 3
Ibn Taymiyya's comments on some Prophecies of the prophet ๏ทบ | thread ๐Ÿงต Image
Allฤh's Messenger ๏ทบ said:

โ€œIf the Dฤซn was at the Pleiades, even then a people from the sons of Persia would attain it.โ€

(paraphrase of Bukhฤrฤซ 4897, Muslim 2546, and Aแธฅmad 7950).
Ibn Taymiyya:

โ€œIt was as he had foretold, because this occurred in the Tฤbสฟฤซn and their Tฤbสฟฤซn, and so on, from the sons of Persia, like:

al-แธคasan al-Baแนฃrฤซ, Muแธฅammad Ibn Sฤซrฤซn, Sa'ฤซd Ibn Jubayr, สฟIkrima mawlฤ Ibn สฟAbbฤs, Mujฤhid Ibn Jabr,
Read 10 tweets
Jul 15
Love of Al-Imฤm Ibn แธคazm (ุฑุญู…ู‡ ุงู„ู„ู‡)

"I was deeply in love with, and passionately enamoured of, a certain, slave-girl once in my possession, whose name was Nu`m: she was a dream of desire, a paragon of physical and moral beauty, and we were in perfect harmony.

1/6
She had known no other man before me, and our love for each other was mutual and perfectly satisfying. Then the fates ravished her from me, and the nights and passing days carried her away; she became one with the dust and stones.

2/6
At the time of her death, I was not yet twenty, and she was younger than I. For seven months thereafter, I never once put off my garments; my tears ceased not to flow, though I am a man not given to weeping, nor discovering relief in lamentation.

3/6
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(