Victor Shi Profile picture
Feb 14 3 tweets 1 min read Read on X
BREAKING: Jack Smith just filed his response to Trump asking the SCOTUS to block the DC Court of Appeals & does not mince words: "Trump's criminal scheme to overturn an election & thwart the peaceful transfer of power should be the last place to recognize...absolute immunity."
"Applicant cannot show, as he must to merit a stay, a fair prospect of success...Nor can applicant show the balance of equities or the public interest favors continued delay...Delay in the resolution of these charges threatens...the public interest in a speedy & fair verdict."
Read his full response here. A very strongly argued opposition. Have a feeling that even if the Supreme Court took this up, it wouldn't favor Trump. Jack Smith & the DOJ have a solid case to make.

documentcloud.org/documents/2442…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Victor Shi

Victor Shi Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Victorshi2020

Jun 25
This is huge. *Sixteen* Nobel prize-winning economists just warned that Donald Trump's economic plans would reignite inflation & damage the global economy if he wins & say that President Biden's policies are "vastly superior" to Trump's. Another reason why we must vote for Biden.
"While each of us has different views on the particulars of various economic policies, we agree Biden's economic agenda is vastly superior to Trump...A 2nd Trump term would have a negative impact on [our] standing in the world, & a destabilizing effect on the domestic economy."
They continue: "Many Americans are concerned about inflation, which has come down remarkably fast. There is rightly a worry that Donald Trump will reignite this inflation, with his fiscally irresponsible budgets." More here: axios.com/2024/06/25/nob…
Read 4 tweets
Jun 21
Pay attention to this warning from the Biden campaign today: "A new Moody’s analysis finds Biden’s policies are significantly better for the U.S. economy, while Trump’s plans would trigger a recession, cut 3.2M jobs, add 1% to inflation, & reduce middle-class families’ incomes."
New memo sent by our communications director Michael Tyler offers a scathing rebuke of Trump's economic plan and reminds voters of why we must elect Biden if we want a strong economy. Link to study: usatoday.com/story/money/20…
TLDR: Real GDP would drop, employment would drop, inflation would rise, and national debt would rise under Trump's plan. Image
Read 5 tweets
Jun 15
Wow. The German Chancellor just said this about President Biden: “I think Joe Biden is someone who is very clear, who knows exactly what he is doing & who is one of the most experienced politicians in the world—especially when it comes to international politics.”
He continues: “In a difficult situation like this, where a war is taking place in Europe after Russia invaded Ukraine, where many other conflicts are raging around the world, this is an asset, a good thing & therefore I can say this is a man who knows exactly what he is doing.”
More: “He has pursued a policy that has led to proper economic development in the country, that has helped to ensure that peace and security are in good hands and that the U.S. is actually playing its role in the world.”
Read 4 tweets
Jun 2
Don’t look away: This morning, Trump vowed to reinstate his family separation policy, slash the Department of Education, weaponize the Department of Justice, & suggested there’d be violence if he’s arrested. This isn’t normal. We must vote for Joe Biden this election. Full stop.
Receipts. On immigration/ripping families apart:
On ending the Department of Education

Read 5 tweets
May 20
NEW: Team Biden-Harris just announced that we are heading into June with a $192 MILLION war chest, the highest amount of money of any Democratic candidate in history at this point in the election. This is huge & it matters. The enthusiasm for Joe Biden is real.
“Team Biden-Harris announced a $192 million war chest, the highest total of any Democratic candidate in history at this point in the cycle. Team Biden-Harris raised more than $51 million in 4/24, continuing to build on the historic… fundraising operation.” Image
As @JulieR2022 says, this $ gives us the “resources necessary to invest in opening offices, hiring organizers and communicating across our battleground states in order to mobilize the coalition of voters who will decide this elections.” It matters a big deal. Image
Read 4 tweets
Apr 3
Some sad news: 4 years & 236 episodes later, @JillWineBanks & I bid farewell.

With my graduation & new job starting soon, we are shelving our podcast. Working with Jill, having intergenerational convos with amazing guests, & interacting with listeners & viewers was a dream. /1 Image
This project began when I was a senior in high school. I reached out to Jill via Twitter (formerly) & together, we started this intergenerational podcast—to engage all generations in politics & civics. It was, hands-down, the best decision I’ve ever made. Image
Working with Jill was life changing. She quickly became not just a colleague, but also a mentor and a good friend. I’d call her nearly every day—whether it was my seeking her advice or us talking about the news of the day. I owe so much of my success to her & am just so grateful. Image
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(