While in Munich, I had a call with @POTUS Joe Biden.

We discussed the current frontline situation. I am grateful to have President Biden's full support. I also believe that the US Congress will make a wise decision.

Supporting Ukraine means supporting democracy and freedom. Together, we must protect these values. We agreed to stay in touch as Russia's full-scale aggression against Ukraine approaches the two-year mark.
На Мюнхенській конференції з питань безпеки поговорив телефоном із Президентом США Джозефом Байденом.

Обговорили поточну ситуацію на полі бою. Я радий, що можу розраховувати на повну підтримку американського Президента. Віримо й у мудре рішення Конгресу США.

Підтримка України – це підтримка демократії та свободи. Ми повинні разом захистити ці цінності. Домовилися підтримувати контакт у звʼязку з наближенням 2-х роковин початку повномасштабного вторгнення.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Володимир Зеленський

Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Володимир Зеленський Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ZelenskyyUa

Jun 27
Today, I addressed the European Council and thanked our partners. Despite these challenging years, we have maintained unity and strengthened Europe. The world has witnessed Europe’s effectiveness and our ability to make the right decisions at the right time.
The EU approved a negotiating framework for Ukraine. And negotiations on our country’s accession have already begun. We are highly grateful for it. This is Europe’s historic choice.
Every European nation that shares common European values should be part of the European family. This is true for Ukraine, for Moldova, and for the peoples of the Balkans.
Read 16 tweets
Jun 16
I thank all participants of the first Peace Summit for taking the first steps towards peace together.
We are responding to Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine not only with a full-scale defense of human life but also with full-scale diplomacy. These days united 101 countries and international organizations. Our fair objective is to get all countries to join this noble cause.
Previous generations left us the UN Charter as a basis for cooperation of peoples. We will pass to the next generations an effective mechanism to implement it. The communiqué adopted at the Summit fully reflects our intention, and remains open for all who respect the UN Charter.
Read 16 tweets
Jun 15
In my address to the Global Peace Summit I emphasised that this gathering marks a significant step towards a just peace. I thank all leaders, teams, and states for making this possible. Image
One hundred and one states and international organizations have registered for the Summit. This is our common success, of all those who believe that a united world, united nations, are stronger than any aggressor.
The first Peace Summit is a step toward a just end to Russia's war against Ukraine. When we end it justly and fairly for Ukraine based on international law, every nation will be able to count on the same justice and fairness, reinforcing the effectiveness of the UN Charter.
Read 25 tweets
Jun 13
🇺🇦🇺🇸 Today is a truly historic day. We signed the strongest agreement between Ukraine and the United States since our independence.
This agreement is about security, protecting human life, fostering cooperation, and strengthening our nations. It includes steps to guarantee sustainable peace and benefits everyone globally, because Russia’s war against Ukraine is a real global threat.
I thank President Biden for his leadership reflected in this agreement and for his support for Ukraine throughout the years. I also thank our teams for making sure that the details of the agreement are really good.
Read 14 tweets
Jun 11
Today, I addressed the Bundestag and emphasized that the German people's humanity has shone through in their unwavering support for Ukraine. We are deeply grateful for your compassion and assistance.
Germany did not stand aside from the pain and suffering of Ukrainians. Ordinary people, different German cities, states, and communities – all have helped and are helping.
We remain faithful to the dream of a peaceful Europe – a continent of culture, people, and without war. A Europe that will be a happy home for our children and their children. A Europe that won’t allow hatred to take root and will do everything to correct the mistake of this war.
Read 23 tweets
Jun 11
I addressed Ukraine Recovery Conference #URC2024 and emphasized the importance of comprehensive efforts to defend Ukraine, ensure societal resilience, and preserve our common European way of life against Russian aggression.
This war has various levels of confrontation: the frontline where our people defend against military strikes, our economic defense to maintain normal social life, and political resistance against attempts to divide and weaken the democratic world.
Withstanding and winning this confrontation requires comprehensive efforts. It involves defending Ukraine from Russian aggression, ensuring the resilience of our society, and preserving our shared European way of life, which Putin's Russia seeks to destroy.
Read 24 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(