Drew Holden Profile picture
Mar 5 12 tweets 5 min read Read on X
🧵Thread🧵

What happened to the media’s legal “experts” who said Colorado was right to kick Trump off the ballot? Remember them? I do. @FreeBeacon.

Quick trip down memory lane after even the liberal SCOTUS justices rejected Colorado’s claims. ⤵️
freebeacon.com/media/watch-su…
Here’s a link to the video which is incredible. Lot of media hosts and talking heads were convinced Trump was toast. (H/t @thaleigha_ for making this gem).

The “experts” said so!
Print reporting read the same way.

@nytimes cited an “expert” who said Colorado’s case was “legally sound” and that the only thing that could stop it was politics.

Why, then, did the 3 liberal justices also side against Colorado?
@washingtonpost repeated that “legally sound” narrative in a headline. Their “experts” also said “there’s a strong legal case” supporting Colorado.

If it’s so strong, why did a liberal Biden appointee reject it, exactly? Image
My favorite might be @ABC, who cited “experts” to claim both that Colorado was right to kick Trump off, and that Trump and co were wrong to object to it.

Interesting how these “experts” can reliably voice a uniform perspective when it suits a media narrative.

@CNN’s headline captures the liberal wishcasting perfectly. They swapped “scholars” in for experts. Image
There were some wild headlines on this one. @politico quoted an “expert” to say the case wasn’t just strong, but “unassailable”(!)

What happened to that? Image
It’s clear, the “experts” that @Salon rounded up said. Trump was already disqualified. Image
This one from @voxdotcom and @imillhiser just cracks me up.

Just brutal side by side. Was it a “fraught debate”? Or was it a foregone conclusion? Seems it can’t be both.
It’s in the video but this @MSNBC round table featuring @ElieNYC sounds even more deranged in the hindsight of the ruling.

The case was a “slam dunk” according to MSNBC and their resident “experts” Image
And of course, Twitter’s resident legal-expert-if-the-partisan-narrative-fits @tribelaw tweeted about it too. Image
But fear not, liberal media believers. As @AP assured readers, Trump’s problems are only just beginning.

I’m sure the legal “experts” think so. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Drew Holden

Drew Holden Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @DrewHolden360

Sep 26
8 years after I said I would, 2 years after a brain tumor diagnosis, and 1 year after finishing chemo & radiation, I’m finally running the Army 10-miler in a couple weeks, and raising money for a good cause.

I hope you’ll check out the details in the 🧵thread🧵 below. 👇
The 10-miler is, as the name implies, a 10 mile road race in Washington, D.C. It’s October 13th, so, soon!

If you’d like to donate (100% of donations go to charity, more on that below). The link is here:

fundly.com/drew-s-post-ca…
I’m running (okay, slowly jogging) it to raise money for Undue Medical Debt, a really good charity that helps people who’re saddled with debt from the medical care they need (or needed).

If you’d rather skip a step and donate directly, you can here:
unduemedicaldebt.org/mission-and-hi…
Read 8 tweets
Sep 20
It’s genuinely unclear who is executing the responsibilities of the leader of the free world and the media — providers of transparency, beacons of integrity — couldn’t seem to care less.
This is like failed state stuff
That there could be any question more important for anyone in the media to ask than “who is in charge of the country, right now, at this moment?” defies all logic.
Read 4 tweets
Sep 17
🧵Thread🧵

The media, focused solely on Trump, haven’t seemed interested in fact checking Kamala Harris. And not for lack of opportunity.

So I decided to. Below are some false and misleading statements from last week’s debate.

I could only fit so many. But give it a read. ⤵️
For starters, I think this image typifies how the media treat the two candidates.

Dale’s sentiment here applied broadly to the rest of the media, who had eyes only for Trump. Image
So let’s look at Harris, shall we?

1. She claimed that she was the only one on the debate stage with a plan for the middle class.

That’s the type of claim the media usually says “needs context,” as the Biden-Harris admin has failed the middle class, as even CNN acknowledged.

Read 27 tweets
Sep 16
🧵Thread🧵

Look, I know there’s bigger news today, but with Biden’s “black jobs” quip on Friday, I’ve gotta revisit the media meltdown on the term, as stupid as it is.

Do you remember how insulted & offended the press were when Trump said “black jobs”?

I’ve got screenshots. ⤵️
Some quick context: Biden in a speech on Friday, referred to jobs as “black jobs,” as in held by black folks.

If that phrase sounds familiar, it’s because Trump said it at his debate with Biden a couple months ago.

The media went ballistic.
Just look at the indignation here from @axios when Trump used the phrase.

“Reality check.” I mean, cmon!

And so now what, Axios? Is Biden suddenly a monster, too?
Read 23 tweets
Aug 26
🧵Thread🧵

I was struck by the number of dubious statements and flat-out lies at the DNC.

It appears the mainstream media isn’t much interested in them, amid their jubilant, joy-full coverage. So I decided to do some fact-checking, focused on Biden’s speech.

There’s a lot. ⤵️
1. The first thing that jumped out to me was Trump’s alleged “very fine people on both sides” description of Charlottesville.

Haven’t we been over this, time and again? The context makes clear Trump didn’t mean the neo-Nazis. Even @snopes admitted it!

Yet Biden trotted it out.

2. Biden claimed he and his admin “demonizes no one.”

What, then, about Biden’s remarks about Trump supporters? That they are “determined to destroy democracy,” practitioners of “semi-fascism,” and “a threat to the very soul of this nation.”

Is that not demonizing?

Read 27 tweets
Aug 14
🧵Thread🧵

The media haven’t been interested in providing voters with much of a picture of Kamala Harris beyond “vibes.”

So I did the work for them and went back through what she’s actually said and done on policy and beyond.

It isn’t a pretty picture. Follow along ⤵️
There’s nowhere better to start than on immigration. Back in 2020, Harris was among the Dem candidates who supported decriminalizing illegal border crossings.

Now @politico claims she “promised to go tough on border security.”

Color me skeptical.
Especially considering she supported eliminating ICE, tried to stop production on the border wall, and otherwise unwind the Trump policies that actually reduced illegal immigration.

Read 26 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(