weird medieval guys BOOK OUT NOW !! Profile picture
Mar 21 15 tweets 9 min read Read on X
i was sick the past three days so i made this for you guys :) welcome to the weird medieval guys build your own medieval outfit!!! open this thread to find out what your outfit would be in the middle ages......
disclaimer: i tried to only use original, extant medieval objects but sorry if some repros snuck in. also, some of the weapons are 16th century, sue me etc etc etc

anyways, let's get started!!!
first, choose a cool medieval jacket based on your zodiac sign!! (1/3)

aries | taurus
gemini | cancer

(2/3)

leo | virgo
libra | scorpio

(3/3)

sagittarius | capricorn
aquarius | pisces

okay, now choose a piece of jewellery based on your birth day!! (1/2)

1-4 | 5-8
9-12 | 13-16

(2/2)

16-20 | 21-24
25-28 | 29-31

okay, next you need to choose a bag based on your favourite season! (autumn bag is a replica but of a real one!)

spring | summer
autumn | winter

last, you obviously need a weapon! choose whichever one you like :) (1/2)

(2/2)

boom that's it!!!! anyways pls share your outfit i want to see all of them!! hope you had fun!
this is mine btw :)) i think it's very tasteful

btw sorry there are no trousers, all the extant medieval trousers look like this Image
and more often they just wore hose Image
btw leos are NOT allowed to complain about being naked bc that robe is BIG!! Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with weird medieval guys BOOK OUT NOW !!

weird medieval guys BOOK OUT NOW !! Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @WeirdMedieval

May 23
christ's side wound, france, 15th century A medieval drawing of a wound with a bleeding chunk of flesh in it
every time i post a vaginal christ wound people are like "omg no it's not a vagina!" ........im sorry but it is
he is birthing from his side wo(und/mb) a personification of the christian church!
Read 6 tweets
May 7
time to talk about my favourite guy, victorian poet william barnes, who tried to replace foreign loan words in english with "pure germanic anglo saxon" ones that he made up. such as:

❌genealogy ✅kin-lore
❌grammar ✅speech-craft
❌pliers ✅nipperlings

(more below) Image
❌plagiarism ✅thought-pilfering
❌horizon ✅sky-sill
❌altercation ✅brangling
❌democracy ✅folkdom
❌flexible ✅bendsome
❌magnificent ✅high-deedy
he clearly disliked the -ology suffix and had plenty of alternatives to suggest, using the germanic suffix -lore (a relative of the german word "lehre"):

❌acoustics ✅sound-lore
❌botany ✅wort-lore
❌chemistry ✅matter-lore
❌literature ✅book-lore
Read 14 tweets
Mar 6
spooky goblin, switzerland, 15th century a medieval drawing of the head of a humanoid bald creature with green skin, pointy teeth, and fiery breath
source: st. gallen, stiftsarchiv (abtei pfäfers), cod. fab. xvi, fol. 92r e-codices.unifr.ch/en/ssg/0016/92r
same source as this icon Image
Read 4 tweets
Mar 4
drawings by a 7 year old boy named "onfim" (originally on birch bark), from novgorod, modern day russia, 13th century crude black line drawings showing various scenes of people standing, riding horses, and fighting with swords
i really like this one, which shows a monster and the caption "i am a wild beast", while the text in the box reads "greetings from onfim to danilo" (who was probably a friend of onfim!) Image
@fakehistoryhunt has done a whole thread about onfim!
Read 4 tweets
Dec 1, 2023
noah's ark, france or spain, 12th century A medieval drawing of a 5 by 5 grid, where each square is painted a different colour and has a different pair of animals in it
source: manchester, john rylands university library, latin ms 8, fol. 15r

digitalcollections.manchester.ac.uk/view/MS-LATIN-…
im sad to have left argentina!! but also glad that i no longer have to voseo bc wtf is "vos sos"
Read 5 tweets
Sep 30, 2023
there is a myth in europe that hedgehogs use their spines to carry fruit home. while this isn't true, people have believed it for millenia--in part because it's such a cute idea!!

in honor of harvest season, here are my fave medieval depictions of the hedgehog harvest 🍎🍎🍎 A medieval illustration of hedgehog with grapes skewered on its spines
obsessed with how Rotund this guy is!! a medieval drawing of an almost spherical hedgehog with green spines that have neat rows of small red fruits impales upon them
(also obsessed with his buxom hedgehog wife) another view of the hedgehog above, cropped wider to show another hedgehog next to the first one, with no fruit upon its spines and visible udders.
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(