I spoke with @realDonaldTrump to congratulate him on the Republican nomination and condemn the shocking assassination attempt in Pennsylvania. I wished him strength and absolute safety in the future.

I noted the vital bipartisan and bicameral American support for protecting our nation's freedom and independence.

Ukraine will always be grateful to the United States for its help in strengthening our ability to resist Russian terror. Russian attacks on our cities and villages continue every day.

We agreed with President Trump to discuss at a personal meeting what steps can make peace fair and truly lasting.
Говорив із Дональдом Трампом. Привітав його з номінацією від Республіканської партії та засудив жахливий замах у Пенсильванії. Побажав сил та абсолютної безпеки надалі.

Я відзначив життєву важливість двопартійної та двопалатної американської підтримки для захисту свободи й незалежності нашої держави.

Україна завжди буде вдячною США за допомогу в зміцненні нашої можливості протистояти російському терору. Російські удари по наших містах і селах тривають щодня.

Домовились із президентом Трампом обговорити під час особистої зустрічі, які саме кроки можуть зробити мир чесним і справді тривалим.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Володимир Зеленський

Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Володимир Зеленський Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ZelenskyyUa

Sep 25
Today I addressed the UN General Assembly. The world has moved beyond colonial wars and conspiracies at the expense of smaller nations. We will never accept a brutal past being forced upon Ukraine. No one should believe such injustice can replace our right to a peaceful future. Image
On the night of March 4th, 2022, I received one of the most terrifying reports since the beginning of Russia’s full-scale invasion against Ukraine. The report was about Russian tanks firing directly at the buildings of our Ukrainian nuclear power plant—Zaporizhzhia, the largest in Europe, with six nuclear reactors.
The Russian army stormed this facility as brutally as any other during this war, without considering the consequences, which could have been disastrous. It was one of the most horrifying moments of the war, when no one knew how Russian strikes on the nuclear facility would end. Everyone in Ukraine was reminded of what Chernobyl means.
Read 35 tweets
Sep 24
Today at the UN Security Council, I emphasized that there is only one UN Charter that applies to every part of the world. It is not divided by regions or blocs. We don’t have separate rules for any country. The UN Charter unites us all—and it must be upheld equally by everyone. Image
One day it will be said in this hall that Russia’s war against Ukraine has truly ended – not frozen, not paused, not forgotten. This will happen not because someone got tired of the war or traded something with Putin.
Russia’s war against Ukraine will end because the UN Charter will work. It must work. Our Ukrainian right to self-defense must prevail, along with our cooperation with nations that value life as we do, and our territorial integrity, sovereignty, and independence.
Read 21 tweets
Sep 13
Today, I addressed the Yalta European Strategy meeting, stressing that it is we who need this war to end, not Putin. He has no interest in ending it, content to send people to their deaths, ruling his people through the TV, while enjoying life in his palaces. So far, Putin and his inner circle haven't faced the real consequences of this war – but they must.Image
It is important to have the understanding of what it means to be with Ukraine. It’s not just about presence, an emotional connection to Ukraine, Ukrainians, or our battle for independence.
Yesterday, Russia carried out yet another attack. An artillery strike hit the village of Viroliubivka in Donetsk region. The Russians saw exactly where they were aiming – trucks of the International Committee of the Red Cross were burned, two people were wounded, and three people were killed.
Read 25 tweets
Sep 11
Today, I addressed the participants of the Fourth Summit of the International Crimea Platform, where I emphasized: true peace must have no alternatives. No frozen occupations, no people left in captivity, no forgotten repressions that are seemingly forgiven by the world.

Today we are joined by Nariman Dzhelyal, the Deputy Head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people and a participant in our first Crimea Platform Summit. Like many whose hearts belong to Crimea and Ukraine, Russian occupiers tried to deprive him of his home.
Nariman was taken captive and held behind bars for almost three years. But Ukraine did not forget about him. We freed him and restored his freedom. This isn’t just about one person; it’s about our fundamental policy—our policy toward Crimea, all temporarily occupied territories, and all our citizens deprived of freedom by Russia.
Read 16 tweets
Sep 6
Today, I addressed the Ramstein Contact Group. Ukraine stands firm in the face of Russian aggression. Our brigades are holding the line in the Donetsk region, in Pokrovsk and Toretsk. And the strength of our agreements must swiftly transform into the strength of our warriors. Image
One month ago, our military launched an operation in the Kursk region of Russia, where Putin was preparing to expand his war and launch an offensive against Sumy. We’ve turned the tables, and now we control over 1,300 square kilometers in Kursk, including 100 settlements.
Russian troops fled from several areas in Kursk, unable to face our forces. In this region alone, Russia has lost 6,000 soldiers, with tens of thousands more lost in other war zones. Thanks to our actions, there is no longer a threat of a new offensive on Sumy, as was the case in May when Putin launched assault against Kharkiv.
Read 17 tweets
Aug 19
Today, I addressed Ukrainian Ambassadors at a time when the world is shedding its last and very naive illusions about Russia—illusions that have significantly hindered our defense. Ukrainian warriors continue their defensive operation in the designated areas of the Kursk region. As of today, our forces control over 1,250 square kilometers of Kursk’s territory and 92 settlements.Image
The Russian border area opposite our Sumy region has been mostly cleared of Russian military presence. A few months ago, many people around the world would have said this was impossible and crossed Russia’s strictest “red line”. That is why no one knew about our preparations.
Now, our warriors’ real success speaks for itself. Our defensive actions across the border, as well as Putin’s inability to defend his territory, are telling. Our proactive defense is the most effective counter to Russian terror, causing significant difficulties for the aggressor.
Read 39 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(