Prune60 Profile picture
Jul 30 8 tweets 4 min read Read on X
‼️ “In three Russian regions, grocery shelves in stores are empty after migrants were expelled”

🍿🥤 I did warn them!

moscowtimes.ru/2024/07/30/s-p…
Shelves have gone bare in the following regions

👉 Yaroslavl
👉 Ivanovo
👉 Kostroma

These are connected to Pyaterochka stores. Remember when Russia started messing with them. It was part of the X5 company
“the problem with deliveries of bread, cereals, flour, spices and bottles of water arose last week.” Image
“As Mash writes, the reason was a failure in the operation of the X5 Group distribution centers, from where goods are delivered to stores. Following anti-migrant raids, as a result of which some employees were deported from Russia, the centers are short about 1,000 workers.” Image
“Pyaterochka said that it would take about a month to resolve the problem.”

Again the corporate structure of X5 has lost control of the Russian subsidiary, months ago, and this is what happened.

There is NO LABOR LEFT TO PULL FROM.

Enjoy your bare shelves
Another source:

kommersant.ru/doc/6864366
Another source:

kommersant.ru/doc/6864544

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Prune60

Prune60 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Prune602

Sep 24
Notice: I was trying to up date my spreadsheets in preparation for tomorrow’s OFZ auction date when I noticed a change to some Russian Central Bank Data that I have started regularly sharing with you.

👉 The banking sector liquidity deficit/surplus
When I started sharing the data, I pointed out that due to “accounting reasons” the surplus liquidity in the Russian Central Bank data is displayed as a negative number.

That hurt my head. It just seemed counterintuitive, so I switched in my chart to a positive number.
In last week’s OFZ thread it was reported to be 391.3 Billion rubles as of 19 September
Read 13 tweets
Sep 24
‼️ Russia: “Putin's aide calls for reducing school and university teaching time”

OMG wait until you read the quote. It’s like being completely divorced from reality.

moscowtimes.ru/2024/09/24/pom…
"Time dictates a reduction in the duration of secondary education, the fact that we have 11 years is an unaffordable luxury. As if we were living in the 19th century. It must be compressed"

~ Vladimir Medinsky

The average American gets 13 to 14 years of education BEFORE college Image
That’s Pre-school (more common now), kindergarten, then grades 1-12. With most people graduating from High school at age 17 or 18.

THEN you go to a Trade School, College or University

Note: Margarita keeps lying about the American education system
Read 9 tweets
Sep 24
‼️ Russian Elevator Update

“In Russia, about 22 billion rubles are needed to replace elevators in the three-year term, Deputy Chair of the State Duma Committee on Construction and Housing and Utilities Svetlana Razvorotneva told Parlamentskaya Gazeta.”

interfax.ru/business/983248
Previously we discussed this problem.”, here’s the thread.
“"The number of elevators that are not replaced in a timely manner is constantly accumulating. We were supposed to replace all elevators that have reached the end of their service life by 2025, but most likely this deadline will be postponed (...).” Image
Read 15 tweets
Sep 23
‼️ The Russian Trucking & Logistics Thread

I read a some new information, looked at some old information, and 😵‍💫 things are very confusing. But one thing is certain, things don’t look great.

Let’s talk about it. Image
I think the best place to start is with what we do know and what we know we don’t know?
1. There is a labor shortage everywhere in Russia

Normally I would modify my statement and say “practically everywhere” and maybe I still will but, I can’t think of a large field without a labor shortage. There are areas that are more dire than others.
Read 152 tweets
Sep 23
‼️ Russian Agricultural Update:

“Dry weather in southern Russia could cause the corn harvest to fall by almost 30% year-on-year, making it the worst in six years. This creates new risks of rising grain prices within the country, businesses fear.”

🌽

kommersant.ru/doc/7179825
It’s important to remember that corn is an input for a lot of other industries, which means the increases in costs will be distributed through multiple products.

It’s not just the volume but the quantity also appears to be down.
“The corn harvest in Russia in 2024 will amount to 11.9 million tons, having decreased by 29.5% year-on-year, according to calculations by SovEcon. This is worse than the dynamics of other crops.” Image
Read 27 tweets
Sep 22
‼️ THREAD: Dairy problems in Russia?

This might be something to keep an eye on. Last fall we saw eggs become icon of skyrocketing food prices in Russia.

This year it might be Dairy products.
Previously I put together this thread the walked through some of the issues Russia was having with dairy. In particular, remember that the problem with cultures is going to begin coming prevalent.
As I’ve discussed before, Russians are getting all the signals that food prices are getting ready to skyrocket.

The big price decrease due to the harvest coming in that people were expecting/hoping for never materialized.
Read 40 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(