I met with Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, Senator Bob Casey, and Congressman Matt Cartwright.

I am grateful for all their support. We agreed to work even more actively to increase our common strength—the strength of both Ukraine and America.

I also want to extend my special gratitude to everyone who welcomed us in Scranton with the blue and yellow colors of our flag.

🇺🇦 🇺🇸
Зустрівся з губернатором штату Пенсильванія Джошем Шапіро, сенатором від цього штату Бобом Кейсі та конгресменом Меттом Картрайтом.

Вдячний за всю підтримку. Домовилися працювати ще активніше, щоб наша спільна сила – України та Америки – збільшувалася.

І окремо хочу подякувати всім, хто вітав нас у Скрентоні із синьо-жовтими кольорами нашого прапора.

🇺🇦 🇺🇸Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Володимир Зеленський

Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Володимир Зеленський Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ZelenskyyUa

Oct 24
Today at the Crimea Platform Summit, I reminded: as some leaders gather at Putin’s summit in Kazan and North Korean soldiers move closer to Ukraine’s front, we know one thing—victory won’t go to the aggressor, but to those who unite nations around human values and the UN Charter. Image
The number of national flags in this hall right now is clear evidence that since 2014, Russia has failed in its main goal: Putin has not succeeded in making international crimes a norm for nations.
It was with the occupation of Crimea that Russia’s assault on the system of international law began. But stealing another nation’s land, deporting those who resist, and breaking the lives of an entire nation – everything Russia is doing – will never be accepted by the international community.
Read 20 tweets
Oct 17
Today, I addressed the European Council meeting regarding our strategy to force Russia into real diplomacy and emphasized that European unity is also a weapon, one that ensures safety not only for Ukraine but for all European nations.
I’m grateful to the leaders and their countries for all the support. Together, we’ve saved thousands of Ukrainian lives and proven that war in Europe will not benefit the aggressor. Together, we must stop this war.
Together, we must ensure the conditions for the kind of peace we all need – for Ukrainians and all the nations of Europe. Let me remind you, this summer we held a successful Peace Summit. More than 100 countries and international organizations supported it.
Read 24 tweets
Oct 16
I presented the Victory Plan to the Verkhovna Rada and the people of Ukraine. It is the path to strengthening Ukraine, not just to defend our positions but to build a bridge to the second Peace Summit, which will bring a just end to this war for Ukraine. Image
Our people, in Ukraine and abroad, never tire of saying “Glory to Ukraine,” and Ukraine never tires of answering, “Glory to the heroes.” But here, we hear less often the words “Ukraine must win.” For some, the word “victory” has become uncomfortable. Yet we understand—victory is not easily achieved.
Yet, only victories bring glory to a country and allow us to preserve the real memory of our heroes for centuries. Victory gives the nation the ability to live — independently, freely, sovereignly—on our land, under our own laws. To choose our future.
Read 56 tweets
Oct 9
At the Ukraine–South East Europe Summit, I emphasized the importance of stability in the Balkans. Like in Eastern Europe, what happens in the Balkans determines whether Europe faces war. That’s why Ukraine’s resistance to the Russian invasion is vital for the region’s stability. Image
This is a third meeting in this format, and I am grateful for supporting Ukraine and its people, for hospitality of participating countries to Ukrainian wounded soldiers recovering in their states, and especially for participation in the Peace Summit and immediate joining to the final communique.
All of these counties really try to end this war in a just way. We value the relationships between our nations, which strengthen us and make the world more stable. Unfortunately, stability is becoming a rare resource. So every source of security for people and every source of true peace in international relations is precious.
Read 22 tweets
Sep 25
Today I addressed the UN General Assembly. The world has moved beyond colonial wars and conspiracies at the expense of smaller nations. We will never accept a brutal past being forced upon Ukraine. No one should believe such injustice can replace our right to a peaceful future. Image
On the night of March 4th, 2022, I received one of the most terrifying reports since the beginning of Russia’s full-scale invasion against Ukraine. The report was about Russian tanks firing directly at the buildings of our Ukrainian nuclear power plant—Zaporizhzhia, the largest in Europe, with six nuclear reactors.
The Russian army stormed this facility as brutally as any other during this war, without considering the consequences, which could have been disastrous. It was one of the most horrifying moments of the war, when no one knew how Russian strikes on the nuclear facility would end. Everyone in Ukraine was reminded of what Chernobyl means.
Read 35 tweets
Sep 24
Today at the UN Security Council, I emphasized that there is only one UN Charter that applies to every part of the world. It is not divided by regions or blocs. We don’t have separate rules for any country. The UN Charter unites us all—and it must be upheld equally by everyone. Image
One day it will be said in this hall that Russia’s war against Ukraine has truly ended – not frozen, not paused, not forgotten. This will happen not because someone got tired of the war or traded something with Putin.
Russia’s war against Ukraine will end because the UN Charter will work. It must work. Our Ukrainian right to self-defense must prevail, along with our cooperation with nations that value life as we do, and our territorial integrity, sovereignty, and independence.
Read 21 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(