Charlotte Clymer 🇺🇦 Profile picture
Sep 11, 2017 27 tweets 3 min read Read on X
1/ Today, it was revealed Mitt Romney may run for the Senate. Please keep these facts in mind over the next few days. (thread)
2/ Mitt Romney is 70. Hillary Clinton is 69. They were born a little over seven months apart.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Charlotte Clymer 🇺🇦

Charlotte Clymer 🇺🇦 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @cmclymer

Mar 29
It's official: Beyoncé's eighth studio album "Cowboy Carter" has now dropped. It's the second album in her planned trilogy after 2022's "Renaissance."

For funsies, I'm gonna do a first listen review over the next several hours. 27 songs, 79:03 run time.

(thread)
Like many, I have been waiting for this album for so damn long. I grew up on country music. I love Beyoncé. The fact that she's making Texas such a huge theme for this album delights my little Texan heart to no end.

Okay, let's do this! I'll be checking-in on each track.
1. "Ameriican Requiem"

She opens up with the second longest track on the album. Beautiful texture. Gorgeous instrumentation. This is definitely a powerful opening salvo. It builds up to the last third with a response to people who claim she's not country:

Look it there, look it in my hand
The grandbaby of a moonshine man
Gadsden, Alabama
Got folks in Galveston, rooted in Louisiana
They used to say I spoke "too country"
And the rejection came, said I wasn't "country 'nough"
Said I wouldn't saddle up, but
If that ain't country, tell me, what is?
Plant my bare feet on solid ground for years
They don't, don't know how hard I had to fight for this
When I sing my song

Absolutely solid opening track. Gauntlet thrown down. I'm so excited for the rest of this.
Read 18 tweets
Mar 8
Alright, friends, I shall be live-tweeting tonight's proceedings. President Biden's 2024 State of the Union, now hyped up to ludicrous levels of importance, the fate of democracy and free world hanging in the balance.

Delightful. Follow along.
Article II, Section 3, Clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution mandates that the president shall, from time to time, essentially report on the State of the Union and make recommendations, but it wasn't until Woodrow Wilson that this started to become the very public event we see today.
Wilson gave an in-person speech--rather than sending a report--for the first time in 1913, which was somewhat controversial! Warren Harding gave it by radio for the first time in 1922. Truman was first on television in 1947. Clinton in 1997 was the first accessible live online.
Read 72 tweets
Nov 7, 2023
I mean, if y'all really wanna talk about violently antisemitic beliefs in Congress, go ask the Speaker of the House what he believes will happen to Israel and all Jewish people during Christ's Second Coming.

That's a delightful conversation. Go ahead and ask him.
Ask Mike Johnson if he's read "Left Behind" and what he thinks about those books. Ask him why he believes there are Jewish people who will be sacrificed in the End Times. Feels pretty goddamn antisemitic, I gotta say.
Oh, gosh, we're not supposed to talk about that part, are we?

Yes, let's just go to the National Prayer Breakfast and shut up and totally ignore that the House is led by an evangelical who fetishizes Israel solely as a vehicle for bringing about the destruction of the world.
Read 6 tweets
Oct 16, 2023
I just don't give a damn that Joe Biden is 80. It doesn't bother me. This will go down as one of the most critical presidencies in American history, and it's specifically due to his decades of his experience. I hate to think where we'd be without him. I don't care about his age.
I mean, listen, folks... there's this weird obsession many Americans now have with pining for a John F. Kennedy kinda president -- youth and vitality in the White House and all that.

It's a bit silly to me. Know why? Because Kennedy was in notoriously poor health.
Kennedy was getting shot up with steroids constantly. That man had myriad health issues and three doctors constantly administering to him. The public didn't really know that. They got the glossy presentation. They didn't know he was being basically held together with scotch tape.
Read 5 tweets
Oct 13, 2023
Hey friends, today is my birthday. I officially turned 37 very early this morning. There’s not a day goes by that I’m not grateful for how far I’ve come in life, and every year, on my birthday, I can’t help but reflect on the kid in Central Texas who dreamed big things.

(thread)
When I was 13, there was nothing I wanted more than to participate in one of those programs where young people travel to D.C., meet Members of Congress, learn about politics, and receive support to start their journey into public service.
It’s been so long that I’ve forgotten the name of the program we learned about in my school, but I’ll never forget the feeling I had when I realized I’d never be able to participate.
Read 29 tweets
Oct 9, 2023
In the past 72 hours, it’s been incredibly disturbing to watch the attempted justification or rationalization for the terrorist group Hamas brutally murdering more than 900 people in Israel and taking 150 hostage in a coordinated attack that targeted civilians.

(thread)
At best, it’s not that they so much condone the murder of civilians, such apologists claim, but that it’s understandable that Hamas resorted to violence out of desperation for the plight of the Palestinian people.
Their clownish argument, essentially, is that the Palestinian people have been backed into a corner, and there was no other choice: slaughtering and raping and kidnapping innocent people is a necessary evil in service to Palestinian liberation.
Read 19 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(