RetroStation1989 Profile picture
Nov 17, 2017 9 tweets 3 min read Read on X
So - this photo --
Anyone know who took this one?
Thread.
1. ICC Profiles in Photoshop

Hey - my other thread talks about how this is all turning out to be, in my opinion, a cynical political stunt on the part of Senator Franken's accuser and her cohorts.
2. In it, I'm explaining how the metadata for .jpg files contains all sorts of things -- (BTW, you're going to want to delete your FB and other photos if you didn't remove the GPS entries in EXIF and took a pic in your own house.)

Well the ICC Profile is pretty interesting too!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with RetroStation1989

RetroStation1989 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @DipswitchDan

Nov 18, 2017
1. Folks - we need to have a brief chat about 'Photoshopped' versus 'Modified'.
I am contending that the photograph supplied by Mrs. Tweeden as evidence Senator Franken committed a crime was staged by all participants in the photo.
2. Nothing in the photo Mrs. Tweeden presents seems to be altered. Al Franken is 'honking her breasts' while she feigns or fakes sleeping. I'm saying they were posing for a joke picture that she is cynically presenting as evidence in a crime.
3. She presented this photo (inadvertently, I'm guessing) as evidence in her article - attaching this file to it to 'prove' her allegations of sexual molestation. She literally states that 'Al Franken Groped Me'.

All other versions of this photo have that metadata stripped.
Read 13 tweets
Nov 17, 2017
Mini Thread
Here's what we know/can prove without a doubt.
1. Mrs. Tweeden submitted this file to her station and had it inserted into her article accusing Mr. Franken.
2. Her allegation about the photo is that it was taken without her knowledge on Christmas Eve 2006 during a 36 hour flight home at the end of the tour.
3. The photo has metadata stating it was a .jpg created with a Nikon D2H camera (the kind used by Combat Camera, USO photogs). The jpg was created on 12/21/06 at 17:19 PM (Assuming PST).
Read 9 tweets
Nov 17, 2017
1 - Thread.
About @SenFranken
EXIF data - the stuff cameras stamp on the digital versions of files? It protects, among other things the copyright of the photographer by LITERALLY stamping the date on when the snap was taken.

It ALSO records the last time a photo was modified.
2. There's lots of stuff in EXIF.
Date. Time (to the second!) Down to the focal length and shutter speed.
Pro photographers also put their Copyright Information in the EXIF as well. What good's a date without a person to attach that date to, after all?
3. Your accuser used the actual photo in her article.
She alleges: "The tour wrapped and on Christmas Eve we began the 36-hour trip home to L.A."
kabc.com/2017/11/16/lee…
Read 20 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(