Anti-imperialist | Reporting the truth on Sri Lanka's color revolution
🇱🇰 🇨🇳 🇷🇺 🇮🇷 🇰🇵 🇵🇰 🇿
Mar 21 • 5 tweets • 2 min read
🇺🇸 This is former Staff Sgt. Robert Bales who served in Afghanistan for US
On March 11th 2012, Bales walked into 3 different homes and killed 16 Afghan civilians including 9 children
4 of them were girls between the ages of 2 and 6, 4 of them were boys between 8 and 12
Bales reportedly dragged the children by hair and shot them in the mouth
Among the victims were 4 men, and 3 women
Bales according to one eye witness, killed one woman by dragging her outside her home and repeatedly bashing her head against a wall
Jan 8 • 8 tweets • 2 min read
Timeline of the average color revolution
1. A "random" riot takes place. Violence erupts
2. The protests are now given an English name.
3. Hashtag is created
4. Social media handles pop up promoting the protests in unison with professionally designed graphics 5. NGOs and members of "Civil Society" use their own handles to promote the protests
6. Blatant lies about the government start circulating
7. Blatant lies about how the government is reacting to the protests start circulating
Jan 6 • 4 tweets • 2 min read
🇺🇸🇮🇳 American media loves to talk about Chernobyl but never India's Bhopal disaster, world's worst industrial disaster, caused by a pesticide plant owned by US's Union Carbide Corporation
On December 2, 1984 the poorly maintained plant started leaking methyl isocyanate to the surrounding city of Bhopal killing over 25000 people and exposing over 600,000 to the toxic gas causing respiratory problems and even blindness
Aug 14, 2022 • 8 tweets • 2 min read
How a network of CIA operatives in Africa and Europe got exposed
1. Around 2013 the US started noticing that CIA agents who were supposed to operate undercover in Africa and Europe were being successfully identified, disrupting their missions even before they started 2. The targets were key locations connected to China's Belt & Road initiative.
3. It was speculated that this was a result of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) data breach that occurred in 2012
Aug 14, 2022 • 5 tweets • 1 min read
1/5) Liberal inability to understand dialectics always has been and will be their downfall. Sri Lankan regime change protestors of "Aragale" movement believe that they have now forever changed the Sri Lankan political sphere. However
2/5) What they don't realize is that the now ousted regime was a development of the contradiction between the rural working class and the urban upper/middle classes who were happy to collaborate with the imperialists. The protestors now consider this contradiction resolved, when
Jul 26, 2022 • 6 tweets • 2 min read
How the west enabled the funding of a terrorist organization in Sri Lanka
1. Once dubbed one of the most dangerous terrorist organizations in the world, the LTTE was known for its deadly suicide attacks, and recruitment of child soldiers 2. During the 30 year war the LTTE killed 3,700 to 4,100 civilians over 200 attacks. Public transport in the capital city, places of worship and public events were specifically targeted, with the sole intention of taking lives of civilians.
Jul 21, 2022 • 11 tweets • 3 min read
Sri Lanka's regime change protests are a successful implementation of Woke Imperialism. Here's why
1. When Sri Lanka's economy started crumbling earlier this year, the main grievances were gas shortages, rising inflation and hour long scheduled power cuts 2. However, when the first wave of protests started in April, a significant number of protest leaders both online and offline were young and impressionable members of the urban upper and middle classes, and tech workers in the Sri Lankan equivalent of Silicon Valley
Jul 18, 2022 • 8 tweets • 4 min read
How USAID is funding and training an online media empire in Sri Lanka. Thread 🧵
1. Roar Media is an online media organization in Sri Lanka with 1.2M visitors to their website and 10.9M social reach
2. According to Roar, some of their investors are IREX and Google news 3. According to IREX, they are funded by the following organizations including USAID, US State Department, Open Society and Ford Foundations, and Millennium Challenge Corporation (supposed counter to BRI in Europe, Asia & Pacific including Sri Lanka)
Jul 16, 2022 • 4 tweets • 1 min read
How the US has been attempting to turn Sri Lanka into a military colony
1. Sri Lanka has signed two US military agreements. ACSA & SOFA.
2. SOFA was first signed in 1995. However an updated version of this pact was sent to Sri Lankan authorities for approval in 2018 3. The new draft would allow US Department of Defense, its contractors, and its local employees special privileges, exemptions and immunities.
4. They would be authorized to wear uniforms while performing official duties and to carry arms while on duty.
Jul 15, 2022 • 5 tweets • 3 min read
(1/5)How USAID, NED and NATO fund Sri Lanka's "Fact Checkers". Thread:
1. WatchDog is Sri Lanka's one of the most popular fact checkers.
2. WatchDog's CEO Yudhanjaya Wijeratne, has played an active role in Sri Lanka's regime change protests through his online presence
(2/5) 3. Watchdog lists the following organizations as their partners/funders. Some of them are NATO, OCCRP and IREX. Let's find out who's behind OCCRP and IREX
Jul 14, 2022 • 4 tweets • 2 min read
(1/4) How NED produces Pro-IMF and Anti-China propaganda content in Sri Lanka through local Youtubers. Thread:
1. On April 18th 2022, a prominent Youtuber in Sri Lanka who usually produces comedy skits, shared a video that addresses Sri Lanka's economic crisis.
(2/4) 2. The skit pulls at your heartstrings, and portrays China and India as predatorial loan sharks, despite collectively owning less than 12% of the country's national debt, while the majority is owned by the west.
3. The video ends hinting at the importance of an IMF program