1. Wow, in a recent episode of his podcast, CJ Werleman reveals that he is backed by MEND & associated with CAGE. (ht @concretemilk)
2. CAGE are a soft-Islamist group who openly campaign for the release of convicted terrorists. Its director, Asim Qureshi, has repeatedly refused to condemn stoning people to death and described ISIS executioner Jihadi John as a "beautiful young man" gspellchecker.com/2016/09/why-ca…
3. MEND (another Islamist group) funds CAGE and shares the same values. It seems one is an extension of the other. MEND gains recognition in places where CAGE is shunned, all the while pretending to be completely separate entities henryjacksonsociety.org/news/the-suspi…
1. Ok, so a brief thread on the problem of disconnect, labels and laziness. I was at the #DayForFreedom event on Sunday. I spotted a young man with a #MAGA cap & a #Kekistan flag. I decided to go and speak to him (like what journalists used to do)
2. Here he explains that he doesn't know much about Trump, but loves the way Trump annoys the left and wants to get in on it. Not big, or clever, but fine. I ask him about the 'Nazi' connotations of his flag and he explains it is satire.
3. I mention the risk of people seeing images of this flag/hat online and writing it off as white nationalist/Nazi. I come on Twitter, and what do I see? This from @hopenothate
Now watching in the hope Matt skewers Jordan Peterson's flimsy ideas on atheism and his game of 'hide the ball' with religion
Watch "An Evening With Matt Dillahunty & Jordan Peterson" on YouTube
Ah, @Matt_Dillahunty is doing a great job of keeping Peterson on topic here and prodding away in all the right places. I've been waiting for someone to cut through his noise on the supernatural/religion.
Matt Asks what we would lose if the world was without religion.
Peterson:"You'd lose art & poetry & drama & narrative & story"
Matt:"Are there no godless artists & poets?"
Peterson:"There are artists & poets who think they're godless"