I think everyone needs to keep their ears to the ground right now for any word of Kavanaugh and Ford stories. Ford's attorney had a 5 pm EST deadline for responding to the GOP's offer for her testifying. Rosenstein's story hit just in time to take up a LOT of airtime right now.
Either the Democrats are making a move...
Orrrrrrr we just one and the Dems don't want us to realize it yet.
We just one* sorry, too much bourbon too soon. Blame the Rosenstein idiocy.
You come to me with panicked tales of deep state traitors? After I did 2 threads of 'Fuck Your Fear'? You're blocked.
Just a heads up.
Seriously. HOW MANY TIMES has Schmidt been hit with the #fudgerule. Its already been effectively admitted the source is McCabe's leaked memos.
Are you going to trust the racist @nytimes and fucking Money Laundering Via GoFundMe MCCABE over someone Trump handpicked and who oh by the way WROTE A LETTER RECOMMENDING TRUMP FIRE COMEY?
"[T]he FBI is unlikely to regain public and congressional trust until it has a Director who understands the gravity of the mistakes and pledges never to repeat them. Having refused to admit his errors, the Director cannot be expected to implement the necessary corrective actions"
2) With their control over the media, Democrats typically have the tempo advantage. They control when information and new details about stories break to cause maximum damage.
3) This has been prevalent and obvious over the past 2 years, their mastery of tempo to give a story maximum exposure. However, this strategy of controlling the tempo has been backfiring as corrections and opposing details have foiled the stories too quickly. IE, the #fudgerule
This is where the letter falls into a grey area. Technically, it was never presented to the wider committee, and it was an informal accusation. Again, what SHOULD have happened is that she be asked to testify behind closed doors, preserving her anonymity.
Because the Dems leaked her name, though, anonymity is out of the fucking question, closed or open hearing notwithstanding.
Something that is currently lost when talking about whether or not the FBI should investigate Ford's allegations against Kavanaugh. Really, a couple somethings that have been lost.
2) First off... the Democrats and Ford's lawyer are demanding that an executive branch agency investigate an appointee from the executive branch.
That is a violation of the separation of powers in our government.
3) The entire point of the hearings on appointees like SCOTUS nominees is that it is the LEGISLATIVE branch who investigates appointees from the EXECUTIVE branch. This is so that it is not the executive branch investigating the executive branch.
2) Mr. Montes-Bradley once told me you’re only as good as your last prediction. So, I took this seriously and figured out the pattern.
3) Democrats will conveniently ignore/forget the FBI already spiked the ball on the allegations and added them to his background check file. Granted they’re already doing this, but expect to see it displayed more prominently as they know their followers have goldfish memories
If we presume that this includes the Senators not being allowed to interrupt the attorneys during cross-examination like squealing children (which Dems will do and make them look awful to the swing votes like Collins), other courtroom rules are abided by such as no leading Q's...
Then if you look at it from the perspective of Kavanaugh is innocent and this is a baseless smear, this would be the perfect way for someone like Kavanaugh's lawyer to smash the accusation into the ground in an open setting.
One of the first things I said about Q on Twitter was that it was patently ridiculous. Q was claiming to have high level info and that /pol/ was the only place to safely distribute it. Typically when someone is trying to kiss 4chans ass, they're trying to troll 4chan.
2) For YEARS, they have been able to play a very ugly game; a leaky as hell legislative branch and executive branch feed them all kinds of juicy leaks, that they then are able to spin into whatever kind of story they want.
3) @ThomasWictor has talked about this problem many times. 'Accountability Journalism'. The belief among journoperatives that telling the narrative they want to tell is not only their right, but their RESPONSIBILITY.
@ThomasWictor 1) I discussed this with a marine who recently returned from a deployment to the region who, while he didn’t specify that he was a part of the marine unit as mentioned... implied it heavily.
@ThomasWictor 2) He mentioned being in a ‘scout’ company which is traditionally a smaller sized company (100-something men) and when he showed me pictures of his squad during the deployment, they were all EXTREMELY heavily armed. Each person had an LMG it seemed.
@ThomasWictor 3) When I brought up the concept of the third revolution in military affairs, this idea of small teams of heavily armed soldiers with so many combat multipliers you feel the sympathetic pain of hundreds of enemy soldiers when you think about encountering just one
"It purportedly describes an incident that was relayed to someone affiliated with Stanford University, who authored the letter."
THIS is the person who lawyered up with the #metoo lawyer, not the victim.
I've been watching the news on both sides, and so far what's happened is the writer of the letter and the victim are being conflated though I've seen nothing to indicate that The Intercept was wrong in stating that the accusation did not originate with the Stanford individual.
1) I’m going to get dark. You wanna see me get dark? I’m getting dark.
Ready for it?
Trump doesn’t give a fuck about your feelings or what you want.
He doesn’t care about your howls for justice, for your demands for action. What you want does not matter.
2) No, not ‘trust in the plan.’ Fuck that noise. We are not sheep. Americans have never been sheep. We’ve been oscillating wildly between cats to be herded and herds of dumb puppies, yes. But never sheep.
3) Quite frankly... your trust is not a factor. Not at this point.
1) BREAKING NEWS FROM THE
2) GEORGE PAPASMURFALOUS HAS BEEN SENTENCED TO ONLY 14 DAYS OF JAIL TIME!
3) In this stunning upset victory for #SmurfLivesMatter, George Papasmurfalous despite being on the receiving end of grueling anti-Smurf racism on the part of the Mueller Special Counsel team, whose membership is suspiciously almost entirely white.