Today, we got that letter. (1/6)
The fact that politicians from across the spectrum signed this letter, demonstrates the importance of this issue.
Alongside these politicians are clinicians, lawyers, commentators, social workers, activists, parents, detransitioners. (2/6) thetimes.co.uk/article/ef7d7f…
Mar 31 • 11 tweets • 2 min read
THREAD - Conversion Therapy Ban:
Inflammatory rhetoric emerging that the government has launched a “war” against trans people with a decision not to move forward with legislation in this space.
However, the following are the significant risks and concerns of such legislation:
1. The term conversion ‘therapy’ is a misnomer. The government themselves have admitted that it is “highly misleading”. The vast majority of practices occur in religious/family settings. Yet, they continue to use this term, which paints an incorrect picture about therapy.
Feb 22 • 8 tweets • 2 min read
Thread Warning - Concerns over Ofsted and their treatment of ‘gender reassignment’ under the Equality Act.
I have had sight of a briefing document which has investigated Ofsted and the way they are rating schools regarding this topic. See below. (1/8)
There is evidence suggesting Ofsted are incorrectly interpreting the Equality Act. They are marking schools, including primary schools, down if they fail to teach students about gender reassignment, even though the Equality Act does not apply to curriculum. (2/8)
Jan 7 • 11 tweets • 2 min read
THREAD WARNING - 10 facts about the risks of transitioning for children and benefits of explorative therapy (references in link below):
1. Counselling has been shown to be highly effective when it comes to treating gender dysphoria.
2. Studies demonstrate that upwards of 80% of children who express a discordant gender identity will come to identify with their bodily sex if natural development is allowed to proceed.
Dec 21, 2021 • 11 tweets • 2 min read
THREAD WARNING - Key concerns with the Women and Equalities Committee Report:
1. The Report uses language that is misleading and factually inaccurate, such as “sex assigned at birth”. This suggests a partisan approach on the part of its authors.
2. The Report references “de-medicalising” gender recognition. On one hand, we are told we should never pathologise being ‘trans’. On the other hand, we are told we must make medication and surgery available to enable people to transition. This is fundamentally inconsistent.
Dec 7, 2021 • 11 tweets • 3 min read
Thread Warning - Therapeutic Concerns with the Conversion Therapy Ban
1. The term conversion ‘therapy’ is a misnomer. Even @DrAdamJowett acknowledged it’s “highly misleading”. The vast majority of practices occur in religious/family settings. Yet, they continue to use this term.
2. We cannot even agree on basic definitions of ‘man’, ‘woman’, ‘sex’ or ‘gender’. Poorly worded legislation is a major risk. To include “suppress gender identity” risks outlawing ethical therapeutic practices including pausing for reflection and considering contributing factors.
Dec 1, 2021 • 7 tweets • 7 min read
We must talk about ‘Shinigami Eyes’ (look it up) - an internet plugin which ‘highlights transphobic Twitter profiles in red’.
Scandalous. No objective criteria. No appeal process. No scrutiny whatsoever. Just defamatory labelling and slurring swathes of society.
I’m ‘redlisted’. So too are (proof below):
Thread Warning - 10 Contradictions of Gender Ideology:
1. Don’t pathologise trans identity. However, you must offer treatment for gender dysphoria with medication and surgery.
2. Only refer to people by language they want. However, it is fine for us to label you “cis”. (1/5)
3. The real self is fundamentally separate from the material body. However, transforming one’s body can be crucial for personal wholeness.
4. Gender identity is a social construct. However, authentic identity may be attached to stereotypical male and female dispositions. (2/5)
Aug 26, 2021 • 8 tweets • 2 min read
This video is such a disgrace that it needs a thread.
It is aimed at children and sole purpose appears to be to make them paranoid and suspicious of therapy/therapists.
It’s the moral equivalent of coaching children in techniques to avoid crucial prescription medication. (1/7)
The speakers define a ‘conversion therapist’ as any therapist who doesn’t use your preferred pronouns as soon as you meet them. This is not only scaremongering but completely misleading and disingenuous.
They go on to compare therapy to being in a POW camp. (2/7)
Aug 1, 2021 • 6 tweets • 2 min read
EXPELLED FROM MY UNIVERSITY COURSE FOR MY GENDER CRITICAL BELIEFS
Dear supporters. As you know, I have spent the last few months campaigning around treatment of gender dysphoria for vulnerable children. This included a parliamentary petition which got over 10k signatures. (1/6)
A few months ago, without warning, I received an email from my educational institute - @Metanoia_Inst - expelling me with immediate effect from my Masters course that I spent 3 years working towards. I was provided no evidence and not a single opportunity to defend myself. (2/6)
Jun 28, 2021 • 5 tweets • 2 min read
Sentimental Thread Warning!
Yesterday, I was blocked by @OwenJones84. The crime? Challenging, respectfully, his use of inflammatory language on the topic of sex and gender. Previously, I had reached out to Owen, extending an invite to debate the issues, which went ignored. (1/5)
I realise I am not the only person to be blocked by Owen. It turns out he has a bit of a reputation for being trigger-happy in this regard. However, I was surprised with the strong feeling I was left with. Not one of anger or frustration or resentment but one of sadness. (2/5)
Jun 23, 2021 • 7 tweets • 2 min read
In light of @KLBfax’s Court of Appeal case today, I thought I would post another thread (apologies!) on some of the biggest risks and dangers associated with puberty blockers and why it is crucial that children are safeguarded. (1/7)
1. Up to 90% of children with gender dysphoria settle into their biological sex over the course of puberty. By delaying or stopping puberty in its tracks, we are denying children this opportunity to become comfortable with themselves. (2/7)