1. As promised I am tweeting an introduction to Sankara's Vishnu Sahasranaama Bhaashyam that has turned out to be a long piece, so it will be tweeted over a few days. @Harish_Purohit, @nityamanityam
2. I call my introduction to Sankara’s Bhaashyam with a title “VISHNU SAHASRANAMA WILL LEAD YOU TO MOKSHA!”
3. Sri VishNu Sahasranama Stotra forms part of the Anusaasanika Parva of the Mahaabhaarata. So also does the Bhagavat Geeta forms part of the Bhishma Parva.
4. Similarly, Sanatsujaateeya forms part of the Mahaabhaarata. It is interesting to note that these three sections of the epic are addressed to Dhritaraashtra, the blind king, Arjuna, the heroic warrior and 1/2
1. Let me resume my history tweets. These essays cover a period of 200 years from 1700 AD to 1900 AD. Today's essay is titled "Part 8 – The battles for the land of India by the Europeans and the natives – 1757 to 1900. - Section 1 – Battle of Plassey"
2. For those who have not read the other parts before this one, they are lucky that I have blogged them!