1. Am tweeting the complete article of Swami Nithyananda – Persecution 2.0: My Views On Swami Nithyananda’s Case by Shri Rajiv Malhotra for the benefit of the viewers. @NithyanandaMoyi@MaAmritananda@ImTyagaRaja
2. In my recent India trips I tried to inquire into the allegations against Swami Nithyananda and found a totally new set of facts than what I had been led to believe earlier. Though not a legal expert, I feel I should share what I heard from sources that seem reliable.
3, (i) About 4 years back a sudden scandal broke out with charges ranging from stealing land, illegal gold, tiger skins, all the way to sex and drugs. Media constantly replayed a few tapes none of which had been verified.
1. #ONCOLONIALEXPLOITATION Under land tax deals with mogul kings in 1600s, for paying taxes, Dutch and British forced Indian farmers to cultivate opium. Bengal, Bihar, Orissa upto Varanasi became centres of opium production and opium became 2nd export commodity next to spices.
2 #ONCOLONIALEXPLOITATION 100 tons of opium exported to Indonesia to break moral resistance of opposing Indonesians to slave labor in rubber plantation.
Colonialists spread the drug habit in all ports, till then unknown to the natives. Arab traders spread it to countryside.
3. #ONCOLONIALEXPLOITATION In the battle of Plaissey in 1757 British East India Co defeated the Nawab of Bengal and got its first foot hold in India. In 1765 the East India Co (EIC) declared itself ruler of Bengal and imposed incredibly harsh taxes.
1. The Plague of Justinian or Justinianic Plague (541–549 AD) was the first major outbreak of the first plague pandemic, the first Old World pandemic of plague . It is estimated that the Plague of Justinian killed as many as 100 million people across the world.
2. The Plague of Justinian It caused Europe’s population to drop by around 50% between 541 and 700. It also may have contributed to the success of the Muslim conquests.
3. Around 1300, centuries of European prosperity and growth came to a halt. A series of famines and plagues, such as the Great Famine of 1315–1317 and the Black Death, killed people in a matter of days, reducing the population of some areas by half as many survivors fled.
1. Here is a story for you from the Uttara Kaanda.
Ravana was a Brahmana. By killing a Brahmana Rama was afflicted with the curse of 'Brahmahatti'. He approached Saga Agasthya for an upaayam for the relief from the curse. Saga Agasthya asked him to do an 'Aswamedha Yaagam'.
2. In this Yaga the horse is let loose and an army follows it. Any territory that the horse treads belongs to Rama and any prince who would resist the horse will be met with by the army that follows the horse.
3. There were no princes on earth who would go against Rama and so they accept his suzerainty. But it so happened that the horse treaded into a territory of a hermitage where two little kids were living with their mother and their Guru.
1. My न्यायावलिः tweets of yesterday was completely erased! Cant find them on twitter. No I cannot concatenate them with my new addition. Very sad state of affairs. Therefore I am starting a new chain for today's tweetstream onwards.
The maxim of digging a well.
The object of the maxim is to denote that as in course of digging a well the body of the worker becomes soiled with the dust, clay, etc., but these may be washed off again with the water of that well.
3. so the sins committed by one at
first may be removed by the merits of the virtous acts done by him afterwards.
The maxim of a well.
There is water in the well, but it cannot be obtained without the help of a jar and a rope,
1. China's Evergrande, the real estate mammoth that is going under is compared to the U.S. investment bankers Lehman Brothers.
2. In U.S. no one rescued Lehman. Instead, the firm was allowed to collapse overnight, a decision that, in cool hindsight, let problems at one bank snowball into a full-blown panic. By the time it was over, nearly every other major bank had to be saved.
3. In China the govt coolly saved Evergrande by paying only the Chinese Bond Holders and refusing to pay the foreign investors. This lesson must firmly sink into the heads of those who try to invest in foreign countries.
1. After Dhaksha insulted Sati so terribly that she immolated. Shiva got angry and sent Kali and Virabhadra to destroy Dhaksha yagna. Daksha created millions of soldiers to resist them. Kali say their existence meaningless and devoured them.
2.Virabhadra folded the unrequired space that Dhaksha had created for his puppet troops to stand on.
We know from this story that what is not required will vanish. And what is created by Shiva will be protected.
3. Let the asuras of America understand that as the expert killing masters now the tide is turning to devour them. Together with Britain they entered the first world war and they never turned back. It is over 100 years now.
1. My father was born, I belive in the year 1878 or thereabout and my grandfather was born in the holy city of Varanasi in the celeberated year of 1857, the year of the Indian Revolution.
2. My great-grand father participated in it fighting the English shoulder to shoulder with his niece Manikarnika Tambe who was then Jhansi Rani. When the revolution failed he came down to south carrying his wife and new born son on a horse back. I am digressing.
3. My father was a friend or relative of one Narayanaswamy Aiyer who wrote on this Yoga-kundalini Upanishad of Krishna-Yajurveda and published it in 1914 and my father had a copy of it.
Maarichi to Ravana (1)
Mariachi to Ravana:
राज्यं पालयितुं शक्यं न तीक्ष्णेन निशाचर।
न चापि प्रतिकूलेन नाविनीतेन राक्षस।।
O nightwalking demon! a kingdom cannot be governed by a king who is rude or hostile or impolite.
Marichi to Ravana (2)
स्वामिना प्रतिकूलेन प्रजास्तीक्ष्णेन रावण।
रक्ष्यमाणा न वर्धन्ते मेषा गोमायुना यथा।।
O Ravana, people who are ruled by a cruel and hostile king will not grow like the sheep protected by a jackal.
Marichi to Ravana (3)
अवश्यं विनशिष्यन्ति सर्वे रावण राक्षसाः।
येषां त्वं कर्कशो राजा दुर्बुद्धिरजितेन्द्रियः।।
Under a rude, crooked king whose senses are not under his control the subjects will surely perish.
1.Valmiki says that Janaka let know of the princes in the world that he has a daughter for marriage but she would be given in marriage to the one guy who can lift the special bow and and tie it. He was going to conduct a yaga for the success of his resolve and had invited sages.
2. Viswamithra had Rama and Lakshmana with him who had killed Thadaka and her son who were disturbing his yaga and were about to return to Ayodhya. Viswamithra asked them to come with him to Mithila for Janaka's yagam.
3. Viswamithra had a secret purpose in this request viz. that on their way Rama has to step on a stone that was actually Ahalya who was cursed to become so and on Rama's stepping on it will end her curse.
Most of you might remember I used to teach Samskrit as twitterstream years ago. In this Janmashtami I want to pick up one chapter and retweet that stream. It was titled as SANSKRIT LESSON – 11
2. Today’s Sanskrit Lessons deals with धातुरहस्य (Dhāturahasya) – The secret of root sounds.
a. The Origin of the Language – An Indian Perspective
b. The System of Seed Sounds
3. c. Sanskrit – A Mantric Language. Ultimately, धातुरहस्य (Dhāturahasya) is rooted in the whole concept of Mantra.
d. Deeper spiritual significances of Seed Sounds – बिजाक्षर (Bijakshara) and बिजमन्त्र (Bijamantra) Mechanism of word derivation from the root sounds.
1. न्यायावलिः is the proverb in our ancient times. Let me give some 5 of them every day.
The maxim of the blind and the lame.
A lame man sits on the shoulders of a blind man, the former guiding the latter.
The maxim of the blind man and his mirror.
It is used in case of persons who possess things which can be of no use to them. ( @VAIDYALINGAMPUT !)
3. This third one has a long explanation.
The maxim of the blind men and the elephant.
Certain blind men approached a tame and docile elephant in order to get an idea of the creature. One felt his trunk, one his legs, one his tail, and so on.
In the days of yore pitr bhojanam used to be a daily affair and the pasu offered is always a goat.
3. When Indra came is disguise of Gautama and had sex with Ahalya, Gautama found it out and cursed he will lose his testicles and his body would turn into a 1000 yonis.
4. Indra lamented to Brihaspathi about losing the testicles as he would be ridiculed by the asuras as eunuch, Brihaspathi ordered the pitris to part away the testicles of a goat they received that day as pitrbhojanam and so the pitris fitted the testicles of the goat to Indra.
1. As soon as the U.S. announced their withdrawal from Afghanistan our foreign minister Sri Jayashankar met with his counterpart of Russia to seek support of Russia in the event of any confrontation with the emerging Taliban. Lo and behold! Russians feined neutrality!
2. And the Talibans openly courted the Chinese and declared their 'eternal' friendship with them to which the Chinese promptly reciprocated with help in rebuilding.
3. It was the turn of Pakistan to recognize the Taliban regime and declare their support.
But the truth still remains that if there be any immediate danger to Pakistan from any quarters it is from the Talibans who can easily overrun Pakistan and capture their nukes.
1. The Westerners whose consciousness is rooted in the Bible which talks of 'Man' in general and the concept of 'good' and 'bad' which is a relative term for what is 'good' for one is not 'good' for another. However the one 'Man' is not one anymore but two, the good and the bad!
2. The very enemies of the 'Bible' can't be anyone without the bible and they took the division of 'Men' into classes of oppressor and oppressed which the Bible did not address as a group in its 10 commandments.
3. This led to the 'idealists' and 'materialists' agreeing on the social division of the opposing classes in constant struggle for survival.
There is good response to knowing Sankaras’ ideas and I am Impressed! I suggest those of you who are not following me It will be good idea to hit the follow button so my tweets will come into your notifications. The tweets would continue over several days the same time.
1. OK! Let's begin! Advita Vedanta of Adi Sankara
ॐ श्री गुरुभ्यो नमः. अन्यथा शरणं नास्ति, त्वमेव शरणं मम । तस्मात कारुण्य भावेन, रक्षस्व परमेश्वर ॥
2. Adi Sankara’s first bhaashyam was on Sri VishNu Sahasranaamam. Sri VishNu Sahasranama Stotra forms part of the Anusaasanika Parva of the Mahaabhaarata. So also does the Bhagavat Geeta forms part of the Bhishma Parva.